Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised I haven't seen more people predicting Grace after the other american actress that married a prince. Grace Diana would be a sweet name but definitely hard to live up to

Again, the Middletons beat them to it.
See Pippa’s new daughter.

I’m still hoping for Lily.

I’m still hoping for Lily as well. I think it’s a sweet name and goes well with Archie.

Butting in and throwing in my guess ;p
I like Ivy. Harry, Meghan, Archie and Ivy seem nice.

Last edited:
Butting in and throwing in my guess ;p
I like Ivy. Harry, Meghan, Archie and Ivy seems nice.

I think Ivy is unlikely only because Jessica Mulroney's daughter is an Ivy. If that weren't the case then it would actually be my top bet for Harry and Meghan's daughter.

As it is, I think Lily is a good guess. But I wouldn't be even remotely surprised by Maya, Lark, Wren, Poppy, Lily, or even something like Harlow.

I think Ivy is unlikely only because Jessica Mulroney's daughter is an Ivy. If that weren't the case then it would actually be my top bet for Harry and Meghan's daughter.

As it is, I think Lily is a good guess. But I wouldn't be even remotely surprised by Maya, Lark, Wren, Poppy, Lily, or even something like Harlow.

Jessica Mulroney's daughter is Isabel Veronica, her initials I.V. which became her nickname Ivy.

Sort of like James Cleveland Owens' initials J.C. became his nickname Jesse Owens.

This list of 'posh' names might be helpful (although the name would need to work for the American celebrity world as well - but it seems there are at least a few that might work). Archie's name was not included as such but Archibald is...

If there would be some kind of meaning attached to 'Coco' (because I think that is important the H&M), that could be a name that would apparently work in celebrity land and the British upper class.

Last edited:
Hmmm.... I think Poppy would go with Harry, Meghan and Archie.

Going with another name in another direction... Aimée!

Americans (particularly Californians) really like statement names. There is one American name which would be a real STATEMENT NAME and would upset the royal Family no end.

Drum Roll WALLIS after the Duchess of Windsor.

My current prediction is Barbara after actress Barbara Windsor.

Imagine Wallis Barbara

Americans (particularly Californians) really like statement names. There is one American name which would be a real STATEMENT NAME and would upset the royal Family no end.

Drum Roll WALLIS after the Duchess of Windsor.

My current prediction is Barbara after actress Barbara Windsor.

Imagine Wallis Barbara

Actually I suggested Wallis back in March, based on the ArcheWell logo.

Last edited:
Of all the names on this earth Wallis is one of the most unlikely to ever be considered by the Sussexes for their baby daughter. Besides all the connotations connected with the original Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII, it’s not even an attractive or modern sounding name.

Of all the names on this earth Wallis is one of the most unlikely to ever be considered by the Sussexes for their baby daughter. Besides all the connotations connected with the original Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII, it’s not even an attractive or modern sounding name.

I know Wallis is not a particularly attractive name. I was speaking tongue in cheek.

I know that Archie has his first name and only one middle name.
I know that the following will probably not occur but I thought it would be ironic because Archie's sister will be born in the United States. My idea is that she will have several middle names like British princesses were given several middle names.

I know that Archie has his first name and only one middle name.
I know that the following will probably not occur but I thought it would be ironic because Archie's sister will be born in the United States. My idea is that she will have several middle names like British princesses were given several middle names.

Why would you think that? Archie only has 2 names, and its very unlikley that they will give a string of names to his sister....

This list of 'posh' names might be helpful (although the name would need to work for the American celebrity world as well - but it seems there are at least a few that might work). Archie's name was not included as such but Archibald is...

If there would be some kind of meaning attached to 'Coco' (because I think that is important the H&M), that could be a name that would apparently work in celebrity land and the British upper class.

Coco?? Sounds like an awful name to me. After Coco Chanel perhaps

:lol: that would be hilarious.

I am thinking of some form of JeWELL (Jewel) or NoWELL (Noelle) to continue on the Archewell theme :D

There’s no WELL in Archie or Harrison so that’s hardly likely to even cross Harry and Meghan’s minds.

Why all the insulting and mean-spirited suggestions for names for a little baby on this thread?

My first choice is Ivy. If not Ivy, I like Elinor, and those two were it, but, I just thought of a couple more. Hope or Faith. Hope that a better future awaits. Faith in humanity, that people will be kind and we can all get along.

All three of those suggestions would be lovely choices for the Sussex baby.

I've always liked the names Adelaide and Eleanor. But I can't wait to see what they pick - I was completely surprised by Archie's name haha.

Edit: Oops, sorry, didn't mean to direct reply. Still getting used to posting!

I've always liked the names Adelaide and Eleanor. But I can't wait to see what they pick - I was completely surprised by Archie's name haha.

Edit: Oops, sorry, didn't mean to direct reply. Still getting used to posting!

Eleanor is a pretty name. With the Plantagenets there were a lot of Queen Consorts and Princesses who were named Eleanor.

Whatever they name their daughter, I'm sure it's going to be a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl. Both of their children are going to grow up well loved and cared for. No doubt in my mind about that.

Why all the insulting and mean-spirited suggestions for names for a little baby on this thread?

Exactly. I was surprised that there are many ridiculous suggestions with implication.

I like Ivy or Lily, sound well with H&M and Archie.:flowers: Margaret (for middle name)? the original of Meghan as well as name of ancestors of both parents.

Lily Margaret
Ivy Elizabeth
Rosie Doria
Joyce Diana

Elinor/Eleanor is lovely too but I am guessing it for Beatrice's baby if it's a girl:D.

There’s no WELL in Archie or Harrison so that’s hardly likely to even cross Harry and Meghan’s minds.

But there's a well in "Archewell" which is, I understand, called after Archie.

But there's a well in "Archewell" which is, I understand, called after Archie.
Thanks, Denville, that is what I meant.

Archie’s name was such a surprise to me that I have no clue what they will choose as her first name. But I will be very surprised if the name Diana isn’t in there somewhere; hopefully IMHO as a middle name for the sake of the child.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom