Most beautiful gala gowns worn by royal ladies


If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlota

Majesty
Joined
Feb 21, 2004
Messages
8,326
Country
United States
i thought it would be nice to have a thread of the best gowns wore by royalty.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Maxíma of The Netherlands at gala before Felipe and Letizia's wedding (source: Getty)

Queen Sofia of Spain at gala dinner for Chinese president (source: Cover)

Princess Mette-Marit of Norway on visit to UK. (source:isifa)

Princess Mary of Denmark at her pre-wedding dinner.(source:isifa)
 
Last edited:
carlota said:
rania by elie saab in the spanish royal wedding


this gorgeous gown is by Dominique Sirop, not Elie Saab.
 
This outfit worn by The Begum Inara is stunning -www.gettyimages.com (under the search information of the begum inara).
 
Last edited:
Begum Inara is wearing a sari, which is the national costume of India.
 
flora said:
Begum Inara is wearing a sari, which is the national costume of India.


And also the national costume of Pakistan.The idian sari shows the belly,inlike the pakistani one,because in pakistan they are muslims,and her husband Karim Agha Khan is muslim and prince of the Ismaelian secte which a part of it is in Pakistan.
 
Beautiful gala outfits:

1. Infanta Cristina in her brother's pre-wedding gala:


2. Letizia in Frederik's pre-wedding gala:



Source: Seeger-Press

And all Queen Sofía's gala dresses, they are awesome, what an elegant woman!!!
 
Salomé said:
And also the national costume of Pakistan.The idian sari shows the belly,inlike the pakistani one,because in pakistan they are muslims,and her husband Karim Agha Khan is muslim and prince of the Ismaelian secte which a part of it is in Pakistan.

Almost all saris show the belly, although it depends on the sari blouse and its length.
It actually depends on how you wear them, there are quie a few different ways to drape a sari.

Traditionally the sari is viewed as the national dress of India, with the shalwar kameez the national dress of Pakistan, but these days they are interchangeable and in some ways always have been.

Letizia's red dress at Mary and Fred's wedding is one of my all time favourites, it's timelss and to me anyway, iconic.

One of my favourite dresses worn by Queen Rania is her stunning blue caftan by Elie Saab in 2002 at the Arab Women's Summit:
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c7%7cArab+Women's+Summit+2002%7c-8193%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=1
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Little_star said:
Almost all saris show the belly, although it depends on the sari blouse and its length.
It actually depends on how you wear them, there are quie a few different ways to drape a sari.

Traditionally the sari is viewed as the national dress of India, with the shalwar kameez the national dress of Pakistan, but these days they are interchangeable and in some ways always have been.

But mean when pakistanis wear Sari,they always hide the belly,inlike indians.
 
Salomé said:
But mean when pakistanis wear Sari,they always hide the belly,inlike indians.

not true Salomé.
I can show you tons of pictures of Pakistani women not only showing generous amounts of their backs and stomachs, but also wearing very skimpy sari blouses, sometimes with spaghetti straps, other times even strapless.
There is no standard difference between how Pakistanis and Indians wear saris.
It all depends on the individual.
My mom wore them when I was younger and she never hid her stomach.
 
Letizia's red dress is in my opinion the most fabulous dress I have seen. Everything came together for that evening; Letizia'a coming out in the royal arena, she glowed as only a bride to be does, a fabulous body to be able to carry off such a dress and the most handsome man by her side. Even if she wears the dress again the circumstances will never be the same and the total impact will be different.
 
Yeah, she made a point with that dress: here I am and I am going to stay whether you like it or not;)
 
~*~Humera~*~ said:
not true Salomé.
I can show you tons of pictures of Pakistani women not only showing generous amounts of their backs and stomachs, but also wearing very skimpy sari blouses, sometimes with spaghetti straps, other times even strapless.
There is no standard difference between how Pakistanis and Indians wear saris.
It all depends on the individual.
My mom wore them when I was younger and she never hid her stomach.

Very true, Humera. My cousin recently got married in Lahore and alot of her friends/family wore saris and short skimpy blouses are very much the fashion, they have been for years. As for sleeveless blouses they've been going since the 60's.

My mother's saris all reveal a bit of stomach, as do the few I own. I've always found it odd that people are so willing to accept the "flesh-flashing" that goes along with a sri but not otherwise.

I loved these gowns of Diana's:
http://www.mariettapa.com/constitution/www.royal.gov.uk/main/images/diana1.jpg
http://www.thedebster.com/ladydi.jpg
http://www.celebwelove.com/Princess_Diana/pics/pic1.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
These are some of my favorites:

http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=19980606wedding08apl0pm.jpg (love the color!)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56121&d=1100424670

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104453&d=1110243026 (necklace is great too, but I wish the stone was an amethyst)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/ennyllorac/Cristina/DanishWedding.jpg

And of course Letizia's red gown at the Danish wedding which has already been posted previously.
 
Looking at the last picture in post #24, was Cristina pregnant at the time of the wedding?
 
my all time favorite is Princess Mary of Denmark's pre-wedding dinner gown. i love the portrait she had in that dress.
 
Letizia

I agree with everyone that Letizia's red dress at the Danish Royal Wedding is magnificent. It will stand the test of time and will be a classic in 20 years time.
 
JessRulz said:
Looking at the last picture in post #24, was Cristina pregnant at the time of the wedding?
No, Irene was born in June 2005, so Cristina got pregnant in September/October 2004.
 
Oh ok. Its just that the way the dress sits make her look pregnant
 
Crownprincess Mary of Denmark at her Engagement Gala Dinner. October 8 2003.
Princess of Asturias at Royal Wedding of Danish Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson. May 14 2004.
Crownprincess Mette Marit of Norway at Royal Wedding of Princess Märthe Louise and Ari Behn
Queen Rania of Jordan at Official Dinner, Second Arab Women’s Summit in Jordan. 04/11/2002.
 
Last edited:
ajackson89639408mk.jpg


ajackson89639075yo.jpg


From Landov
 
Victoria's dress taste and overall style has certainly improved over the years. The red dress that englandprincess posted looks amazing on Victoria. The lilac halter dress Victoria wore in Australia also looked fabulous on her. The color and cut made her seem younger and very happy. I will try to hunt for a couple of pictures when I have the time.
 
For me P Letizi'a red dress is without competition. Everything came together for that special day. Her official entry to her first major royal event, just a week away from her own wedding to the heir to a throne, glowing like only a bride to be can do, a "drop dead" dress, fabulous figure, wonderful hair and make-up, and the best looking escort around. The total of it all came out absolutely perfect.
 
beautiful pics of victoria she likes a wonderful lady
 
is it just me or did grand duchess maria teresa wear the same gown to felipe and leti's engagement dinner that catherine wore to the 10th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards?

t8u1ys.jpg

source: gettyimages
t8u2b4.jpg

source: corbis

they both looked ravishing in it, though. ;)
 
Thats true. That gowns look alike. But I dont know, who looked more wonderful. If MT or Catherine

barber said:
beautiful pics of victoria she likes a wonderful lady

I absolutely agree with you. She will be amazing queen.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom