Mette-Marit: Current Events, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can´t se the big problem for her and the rest of the royal house in Norway supporting gay peapol.
They are humans like the rest of us in the world.

LaMinka said:

(from Kongehuset.no)

waow, this is the first time i see this pic, and it's just... beautifull !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mette-Marit arrived at the airport in Bodø last night for the conference today, she was met by the Mayor and stayed at a hotel for the night. It is her first visit to Bodø since her marriage. http://www.an.no/nyheter/article1714928.ece

Attachments

• mmmm.jpg
    mmmm.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
Well, in that picture she definitely looks okay. Hopefully she'll have no more trouble with her pregnancy!

Attachments

• 514215.jpg
    514215.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 809
  • 514219.jpg
    514219.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 378
  • sdhfkjsfksdj.jpg
    sdhfkjsfksdj.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 360
  • 514303.jpg
    514303.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
Mette-Marit is looking very pregnat now with the black coat. And by the way, she looking great in Bodö..

In her speech Mette-Marit said amongst otherthings that [....]"This is a conference with great importance for many, we make an agenda, an agenda for the Norway we want in the next century. A Norway where diversity, tolerence and respect are important for the nation and the lives we live together[......] Everyone want someone to love you, that is something we have in common, and what we must build on. We should appreaciate the differences, not use them treat people and their rights differently" [.....]
(I find it very difficult to translate speeches, it sounds less pompus in Norwegian)

The speech in Norwegian from http://www.nordlandssykehuset.no/
Kjære alle sammen,

Den dagsorden dere setter her disse dagene er av betydning for mange mennesker i vårt land. Det er viktig i seg selv. Samtidig setter dere en større dagsorden, en dagsorden for det Norge vi vil ha i et nytt århundre, et Norge der mangfold, toleranse og respekt er kjennetegn både ved nasjonen og de livene vi lever sammen.

Trenger vi virkelig en nasjonal konferanse om homofili i 2005 – en konferanse som setter fokus på homofiles levekår og homofiles situasjon på arbeidsmarkedet, i idretten, skolen og i helsevesenet? Er det slik at den enkeltes følelsesmessig orientering fortsatt legger grunnlag for diskriminering, stigmatisering, utrygghet og fortvilelse?

For mange er svaret fortsatt ja og da plikter vi å ta dette på alvor. Homofili er ikke lenger tabu i mediene. Men medienes fremstilling, ofte preget av store overskrifter, sensasjoner og konflikter, tar ikke nødvendigvis tak i den dypere utfordringen som handler om respekt for hvert menneskes rett til eget følelsesliv.

Vi vet nå mye om levekårene til homofile i Norge, men fortsatt ikke nok, vi trenger ny kunnskap og forskning, Derfor er denne konferansen så viktig, fordi den legger et historisk perspektiv og fordi den legger så stor vekt på innsikt og kunnskap. Jeg håper disse dagene vil bidra til at kunnskapen når ut til mange, og ikke minst til de som har ansvar i politikk og forvaltning og innen kirke, helsevesen og skole.

Et av innleggene på denne konferansen heter ”Lengsel etter normalitet”. Kanskje gir denne tittelen en god sammenfatning av hva dette handler om. Alle mennesker lengter etter å ha noen å være glad i, Hver og en av oss lengter etter at noen er glad i nettopp meg. Dette har vi alle felles, og det er dette fellesskapet vi må bygge på,

Som mennesker er vi alle forskjellige. Det er med på å skape mangfold, og vi må alle være med på å skape forståelse og vise respekt for at vi er forskjellige. Vi bør feire de viktigste forskjellene som skaper mangfold, ikke bruke dem til å forskjellsbehandle mennesker og deres rettigheter.

I dag tenker vi med forundring på at seksuell omgang mellom to av samme kjønn var forbud helt fram til 1972. Kanskje vil vi om noen år se med like stor forundring på at homofile i dag opplever diskriminering.

Denne konferansen peker på den faren som ligger i usynliggjøring. Knapt noe er verre for et menneske enn å ikke bli sett. En taus og likegyldig aksept kan være knugende, og fortsatt undertrykking er taushetens farlige følgesvenn. Igjen må vi satse på kunnskapen, kunnskap som kan fjerne de unødvendige stengslene mellom oss, og gjøre forskjellene til en ressurs. Vi må ha en åpen diskusjon både i arbeidslivet, kirken, skolen, helsevesenet og idretten.

Jeg ønsker dere lykke til med et viktig arbeid for en viktig sak, og erklærer herved konferansen for åpnet.

Picture from the hospital in Nordland that was responsible for the conference
http://www.nordlandssykehuset.no/ and www.an.no

Attachments

• Usynlig_MetteMarit290805_38.jpg
    Usynlig_MetteMarit290805_38.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 911
  • Mette-Marit__205309m.jpg
    Mette-Marit__205309m.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 401
  • 3305495770_662414g.jpg
    3305495770_662414g.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Thank you for the pics and the translation !:) Mette-Marit looks beautiful .

Good cause!

I think she looks a lot prettier and younger with shorter hair.

You might be right. When she has longer hair it gives her a little extra, very beautiful, very feminine and very scandinavian (at least to my North American eye).

She looks great! I think it's great that Mette-Marit is embracing such an important cause!

I think she looks great as does CP Mary...pregnancy suits them both!

I have to say, though, I think MM is the frumpiest and worst dressed of all the CPs and I think she's so pretty too! It's not good or bad but clearly her priorities are different from some of the other princesses.

Noelle9982 said:
I think she looks great as does CP Mary...pregnancy suits them both!

I have to say, though, I think MM is the frumpiest and worst dressed of all the CPs and I think she's so pretty too! It's not good or bad but clearly her priorities are different from some of the other princesses.

I don't even think it is priorities, I think some people just have an eye for style.

Mette-Marit has never really dressed brilliantly, there has been the odd moment of style but not consistent like Mary.

But I like Mette-Marit for this, she tries her best.

well I think Mette marit has lovely dress sense , but everyone has there own opinon

Attachments

• 514399.jpg
    514399.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 420
  • mmm.jpg
    mmm.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 376
  • METTE-MARIT__mm2_jp_315125h.jpg
    METTE-MARIT__mm2_jp_315125h.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Larzen said:
In her speech Mette-Marit said amongst otherthings that [....]"This is a conference with great importance for many, we make an agenda, an agenda for the Norway we want in the next century. A Norway where diversity, tolerence and respect are important for the nation and the lives we live together[......] Everyone want someone to love you, that is something we have in common, and what we must build on. We should appreaciate the differences, not use them treat people and their rights differently" [.....]
(I find it very difficult to translate speeches, it sounds less pompus in Norwegian)

The speech in Norwegian from http://www.nordlandssykehuset.no/

Picture from the hospital in Nordland that was responsible for the conference
http://www.nordlandssykehuset.no/ and www.an.no
Would anyone else be able to translate the whole speech into english? I would love to read it.

From the Conference in Bodø August 29th

Leaving Bodø for the airport

There are also many pictures from their trip to Buskerud at www.isifa.com but most of theese are already posted from Drammens Tidende earlier in this thread

Crown Prince Haakon is present when the foundation stone of the New Akershus University Hospital is put down 29.09.05
More from www.isifa.com

Attachments

• is_11257068.jpg
    is_11257068.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 145
  • is_11257066.jpg
    is_11257066.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 189
  • is_11257064.jpg
    is_11257064.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/10/27/mettemarit/

Mette-Marit makes her mark at London´s Guildhall

Norway's pregnant Crown Princess Mette-Marit was once again the belle of the ball when she attended a gala dinner hosted by the Lord Mayor of London. The pretty royal, who was the centre of everyone's attention at the Guildhall soiree, hit the right note in a soft pink evening gown.

(...)

According to the post with the royal family's events calender, there is a gala dinner for Parliament on the third. Do you think Mette-Marit will attend?

A new picture of Mette-Marit with a friend on Frogner in Oslo. Scanned from Se og Hør

Attachments

• Color.JPG
    Color.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 604
Mette-Marit opening Blåfjella-Skjækerfjell national park and Lierne national park

On June 26th Mette-Marit will be in Lierne in Nord Trøndelag to open two new National Parks, Minister of environment will also be there, the new National Parks are called Blåfjella-Skjækerfjell national park and Lierne national park
http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/nordtrondelag/article635777.ece#

The national parks are not far from Trondheim where the 100th anniversary of the coronation will be celebrated until the 24th so guess she will go straight from Trondheim

An old pic from a visit to Trondheim when she was pregnant with Ingrid (adressa)

Last edited:
Thanks by the I articulate and the photo of Mette marit ;)

Mette-Marit in April Fool's joke

In Norway the medias try to out do eachother in coming up with fake, crazy news to print on April 1. And I've found one that involves CP Mette-Marit. She (inspired by Ari Behn's movie debut in Lange, flate ballær) has, according to this website, accepted a movie part in a shocking movie about the house scene in Oslo in the 1990s. This is so clearly a joke, but it managed to catch my attention - which I guess was the aim :) But I say again; it is not true, it is a joke!!
http://www.nesteklikk.no/20060329/89375.html

thanks for this official photo, larzen! it's beautiful. mette marit looks nice and elegant. is she patron to the international kirkemusic festival then?

i hope we can see her back soon.

Haakon and Mette-Marit during the celebration of the Coronation centennary, pics and information in this thread

It was Raining at the mountain early today but when Mette-Marit arrived at 12 the sun was shining, she was met by Minister of Environment Helen Bjørnøy and Mayor of Lierne Arnodd Lillemark , 20 reporters and some 500 people had come to the opening ceremony for the two new national parks. She visited representatives for the 5 municipalities where the national parks are situated, talked to people from the municipalities, and local industry and commerce and tasted local food. Later she will have a lunch, a local dish called “mjukstut” which consists of fish AND meat
http://www.t-a.no/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060626/NYHETER/106260083

Some of the most valuable in the new parks is that they have breeding arctic fox, a very threatened species, the locals hope the new parks will increase tourism and give economic benefits
http://www.t-a.no/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060626/NYHETER/106260065

As always not everyone is happy, the Sámi council thinks the parks are to small and that the management plans give inadequate protection for the wild reindeer, they say their opinion and experience has not been heard and many of the Sámi people are boycotting the opening today
http://web3.aftenbladet.no/innenriks/article309659.ece
First pics from NRK and Adressa

Attachments

• qw.jpg
    qw.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
More from the National Park opening from www.t-a.no and www.adressa.no
To her recent activites she has been accomapnied by the chief of the Crown Prince Couples Court, Gry Mølleskog, the woman with the curly blond hair in the last pic. The bishop pf Nidaros was also there, the thin man with the glasses and purpel shirt in this pic

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 307
  • ghjkhkj.jpg
    ghjkhkj.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 336
  • jhjjkkj.jpg
    jhjjkkj.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 331
  • lierne_4_658170b.jpg
    lierne_4_658170b.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 325
  • Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 293
  • Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 303
  • Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 433
  • Untitled-TrueColor-05.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-05.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 326
  • Untitled-TrueColor-06.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-06.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 338
  • Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 316
Thanks for the pics. It looks like there were a bunch of people there. It's kind of neat to see a royal doing an engagement in khakis, sneakers, and a rain type jacket.

MM and Hakoon seem to be at their best in Norway when visiting small communities. This looks really nice and informal, I can imagine that this suits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom