King Philippe V/II of France and Navarre and Queen Joan II, Countess of Burgundy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
Philipppe V (c. 1291 – 3 January 1322), known as the Tall , was King of France and Navarre (as Philip II) from 1316 to 1322. Philippe engaged in a series of domestic reforms intended to improve the management of the kingdom. These reforms included the creation of an independent Court of Finances, the standardization of weights and measures, and the establishment of a single currency.
More information:

King of France and Navarre:
Reign: 20 November 1316 – 3 January 1322
Coronation: 9 January 1317
Predecessor: John I
Successor: Charles IV and I
Regent of France:
Regency:
5 June 1316 – 20 November 1316
Monarch: Louis X
John I
Born: c. 1291, Lyon, France
Died: 3 January 1322 (aged 30–31), Abbey of Longchamp, Bois de Boulogne, Paris, France
Burial: 8 January 1322, Saint Denis Basilica
Spouse: Joan II, Countess of Burgundy (m. 1307)
Children:
Joan III, Countess of Burgundy
Margaret I, Countess of Burgundy
Isabelle, Dauphine of Viennois
Blanche
House: Capet
Father: Philip IV of France
Mother: Joan I of Navarre

Joan II, Countess of Burgundy (French: Jeanne; c. 1287/88 – 21 January 1330), was Queen of France by marriage to Philip V of France; she was also ruling Countess of Burgundy from 1303 to 1330 and ruling Countess of Artois in 1329–1330.
More information:

Joan as queen of France from a 14th-century manuscript
Jeanne_II%2C_Countess_of_Burgundy%2C_Queen_of_France_and_Navarre.jpg

Unlike other queen consorts ,Jeanne II de Bourgogne was not buried at St Denis but instead at the Couvent des Cordeliers de Paris.
The chapel was ransacked and desecrated in 1793 and later torn down ,her tomb has not survived.
320px-Jeanne_II%2C_comtesse_de_Bourgogne%2C_Reine_de_France.png

Back
Top Bottom