King Abdullah & Queen Rania- News & Photos VIII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
amina1 said:
This is where his grand-father King Abdullah I was assassinated:(, in Jerusalem. But I am assuming there will be a tight security. But I am sure that it's not a wise idea for King Abdullah & Husni Mubarak to be there, They are not liked by the palestinians at all. Any way, Let's hope for the best.:eek:

This is the first thing the crossed my mind aswell!
I was worried for a sec,but thank God,they denied it.

why would such a visit be a big deal?
KA and QR have been to Israel before in 2000.
Although I dont know if they were in Jerusalem.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
why would such a visit be a big deal?
KA and QR have been to Israel before in 2000.
Although I dont know if they were in Jerusalem.

It is related to the history of the region. That's why posters like Sean are needed in this forum. Sean is very knowledgeable. But his/her postings were not always welcomed because moderators and some members here like the discussion to be more focused on glamour of royalty (clothes, make up, jewellery, etc) and they miss the point that these royals are heads of states who are mostly over-using public money whether national or/and international (e.g. aid).

So for those who like a decent discussion, they talk about royals in relation to their countries's history and politics....:cool: and not only in relation to the brands they wear....:rolleyes:

Citizen2005 said:
It is related to the history of the region. That's why posters like Sean are needed in this forum. Sean is very knowledgeable. But his/her postings were not always welcomed because moderators and some members here like the discussion to be more focused on glamour of royalty (clothes, make up, jewellery, etc) and they miss the point that these royals are heads of states who are mostly over-using public money whether national or/and international (e.g. aid).

So for those who like a decent discussion, they talk about royals in relation to their countries's history and politics....:cool: and not only in relation to the brands they wear....:rolleyes:

First of all, I am fully aware of the "history of the region"
Second, this is first and foremost a forum on royalty, not politics or history.
The reason I was wondering why this is a big deal is because King Abdullah has already been to Israel before. Because of the late King Hussein's efforts Jordan and Israel have a peace treaty.
If KA does make a visit to Jerusalem it wont be a event of historic proportions. Certainly not in comparison to other developments in the region right now (for example, the first meeting between the foreign ministers of Israel and Pakistan, the latter nation has never recognized Israel as a state but is gradually opening up to establishing relations with Israel and eventually sending a delegation to Jerusalem for the very first time.)

An outline of King Abdullah's upcoming activities. So far I know that Queen Rania will accompany him to the Clinton Global Initiative conference in New York this month. Not sure about the rest. I think she might also go to the Vatican with him.

King to visit Turkey, Vatican, US
AMMAN — His Majesty King Abdullah is expected to travel to Turkey on a one-day working visit this week and later this month head to the Vatican City and the US, where he will attend the UN 2005 World Summit, a senior Royal Court official confirmed on Saturday.
http://www.jordantimes.com/sun/homenews/homenews1.htm

Jordanian king back home after short visit to Saudi Arabia POL-3LD JORDAN-SAUDI-VISIT
Jordanian king back home after short visit to Saudi Arabia
(Changing dateline) AMMAN, Sept 4 (KUNA) -- Jordanian King Abdullah II returned home Sunday following a short visit to Saudi Arabia, a statement by the royal court said.

King Abdullah II held talks with King Abdullah Bin Abdul-Aziz during the visit.

The two leaders highlighted the importance of protecting Iraq's unity and voiced support for efforts to restore stability and peace to the Arab state and for securing a better future for the Iraqi people.

Turning to another issue, the statement said that the two leaders have considered the Israeli withdrawal for the Gaza Strip "a positive and important step provided that other pullouts from the West Bank would follow within the road map to peace plan", that is aimed at the creation of a viable and independent Palestinian state.

The two countries said they were determined to combat terrorism and defend the real image and principles of Islam against terrorists' and extremists' attempts to distort them.

They also showed keenness on boosting bilateral ties on all spheres. (pickup previous) ab.

http://www.kuna.net.kw/home/story.aspx?Language=en&DSNO=766304

Weren't these pics all within days of each other? Did she bleach them during the trip?

King Abdullah in Turkey

The Jordanian monach arrived for a one-day visit to discuss with Sezer and Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan developments in Iraq and peace efforts between Israel and the Palestinians

From getty

Attachments

• 54726053.jpg
    54726053.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 283
Citizen2005 said:
Someone here should tell this queen to straighten and to bleach her teeth...She is stylish but when it comes to her teeth,...:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:..Does anyone know whether she is a smoker?

Credit: 2nd pic was posted by Keebler in the Royals forum and 3rd by Zinaida in the same forum.

The 3rd picture you posted is a bad one, you can see Rania's skin looks almost red. No wonder her teeth appear yellowish/brown.
Compare that to the rest of the pictures from the same event, on May 20, during the WEF. So I wouldnt base my conclusions on a picture thats flawed to begin with. The last three pictures are normal.

Pics from Corbis and Petra

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,270
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 507
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:
New Picture from today:
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/05/433I.htm

And article:
Queen Rania Meets ACEV General Manager
Amman, Sep.5(Petra)-- Programs offered by Mother Child Education Foundation (ACEV) were the focus of a meeting between Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah and Turkish ACEV General Manager Izin Ozygine, on Monday. Attended by the National Council for Family Affairs (NCFA) Acting Secretary-General, Lara Hussein, and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Representative in Jordan, Anne Skatvedt, as well as other representatives from the three organizations, the meeting included discussions on prospective collaborations between the Foundation and Jordan in terms of exchanging scientific expertise in the field of Early Childhood Development (ECD) and education in particular.
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/05/27309700.htm

http://www.jordantimes.com/tue/homenews/homenews2.htm

Queen discusses ECD, educational collaboration between Jordan, Turkey

NCFA, UNICEF sign agreement with Turkish Mother Child Education Foundation
hnews3_5_9.jpeg
Her Majesty Queen Rania with Mother Child Education Foundation General Manager Izin Ozygine during a meeting on Monday, where they discussed prospective collaboration between Jordan and the Turkish institution in the field of education and early childhood development (Photo by Nasser Ayoub) AMMAN (JT) — Programmes offered by the Mother Child Education Foundation (AاEV) were the focus of a meeting between Her Majesty Queen Rania and AاEV General Manager Izin Ozygine on Monday.

Jordan denies preparations for Abdullah-Sharon meetingwww.chinaview.cn 2005-09-06 21:06:55

AMMAN, Sept 6 (Xinhuanet) -- Jordan denied here Tuesday media reports on preparations for King Abdullah II's meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon either in Tel Aviv or New York.

Jordan's Deputy Prime Minister and the government spokesman Marawan Muashar made the denial in press statements.

Maashar told the press that for the time being there will be no preparations for King Abdullaha's visit to Tel-Aviv or a possible Abdullaha-Sharon meeting on the sidelines of the coming UN General Assembly meeting.

Israeli press reports on Friday quoted concerned officials as disclosing that King Abdullah will visit Israel next week and meet with Sharon to discuss the aftermath of the disengagement.

Although Abdullah has previously visited Sharon in secret at his ranch, this visit will be the king's first public visit to Israel, said the officials, adding the meeting was coordinated by Meir Dagan, head of Israel's Mossad spy service.

Political sources in Jerusalem said the visit is part of the ongoing support that regional and world leaders are showing toward Sharon in the wake of the evacuation of the Gaza Strip and part of the northern West Bank.

Amman also wishes to strengthen its role in the Middle East peace process, fearing an escalation in the West Bank could spill into Jordan, they said. However, Jordan has denied all the reports. Sharon and Abdullah met in February at the Sharm el-Sheikh summit in Egypt, and Israeli Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz met with the Jordanian king last month in the Jordanian port city of Aqaba. Enditem
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-09/06/content_3452615.htm

I'd like to change the topic if I may. Its too bad every time we have new pictures to look at people cant keep their overly critical views in check.

New Pictures from today:

Queen Visits Maymoonah School:
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/06/489I.htm
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/06/491I.htm
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/06/493I.htm
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/06/495I.htm

And she's wearing her favourite jacket of the year.
She has it in 4 colours now!
She has also been wearing those earrings very often.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I'd like to change the topic if I may. Its too bad every time we have new pictures to look at people cant keep their overly critical views in check.

Well, as you like to track rania's activities and have databases of her best pics, others also like to post their opinions (even if you find them over critical) and go beyond the pictures. So, everyone is practicing their right.. :rolleyes:

My comment wasnt addressed to you Citizen2005. You can practice your right all you want, as you seem to in most threads about Rania. I really have no desire to discuss this topic further.

Citizen2005 said:
Well, as you like to track rania's activities and have databases of her best pics, others also like to post their opinions (even if you find them over critical) and go beyond the pictures. So, everyone is practicing their right.. :rolleyes:
:D Some people are very thin skinned, can dish it out by the bucketful but not take it by the spoonful (especially when the photographic evidence flies in the face of their point of view). :rolleyes:

Little_star said:

Why can't I ever see Getty pics posted here? I have to save them to my computer before I can even use them for myself. There was a small window of time yesterday when I could see them all. Not anymore. :confused: I bet I can find them on my own though now that you mentioned the dates.

Yes I think Rania does keep up with friends from her old days. It would make sense because its not like she has royal friends her age. Here's a picture of her having lunch with friends.
From Harper's Bazaar, 2003

oh and I agree, KA does seem to enjoy cooking. In a BBC documentary I saw last year he was barbecuing at their home in Aqaba. And ofcourse there was that part where QR was helping P.Iman make an apple pie. So I think a fondness for cooking might run in the family

Attachments

• luncheon pic enlarged copy.jpg
    luncheon pic enlarged copy.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:
Very nice photo. Diana complained she was kind of kept away from friends for a long time so it's nice QR maintains that connection. I think it's important, particularly when you are such a public figure, to be able to get together and reminisce or just talk with people you can trust--and those are often the people who knew you before you became famous.

I think the downside of being born royal is one concern QR and QN share and that is they will be treated differently, people may use them, hence, it was QN's feeling boarding school was the answer "so they will be able to compete equally, not as sons of a King."

But QR also inevitably runs into a lot of the same people--royalty or other leaders--in the course of her duties. And there is a fresh new crop of younger royals. Does she seem particularly close to any of them? I suspect she couldn't say much about it so as not to be indiscreet. But QN spoke openly of her good friendship with Queen Sofia of Spain. So occasionally perhaps they might meet people in those circles who become friends.

I didn't see the documentary unfortunately. I do recall an interview where QR says she "indulges KA's love of cooking as it's a way of relaxing for him." She was laughing when she said it. So I think he wears the chief chef's hat in the kitchen! Wasn't he whipping up steaks or something in the "Hello" interview about Hashem's birth? Seems to me he was preparing something for everyone that day--including the writer. His cousin, Prince Zeid (I think), said KA learned to cook while in the Army and could whip up any kind of cuisine, even very exotic foods--"much to the pleasure of everyone around him!"

It would be interesting if Rania does get to socialize much with the younger royals. The interesting thing is that as Queen even if she doesnt happen to be on a state visit to a foreign country or is thrown together with other royals at different events, she inevitably ends up with someone much older than her. I have been looking at all the pictures of her from various visits, with different royals, and whether its in Belgium or Spain or Sweden etc. as a Queen herself she is usually paired up with another Queen. Thats not to say that she doesnt get to socialize with the younger royals like CP Victoria. But the fact that Rania is a Queen and not a Crown Princess and that the newer crown princesses have only recently been part of the picture means that we wont see her around younger royals, at least in an official capacity, too often in the near future.
Though I think it is safe to say that when the crown princes and princesses of Europe become monarchs and consorts, Rania and Abdullah will both have plenty of opportunity to interact with royals of their own age. Plus the fact that both of them became King and Queen at such a young age means they'll have the advantage of experience over their peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom