King Abdullah & Queen Rania- News & Photo IX

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
maybe she should've been wearing her traditional dress while biking, the one she was wearing while visiting villagers:rolleyes: I guess it doesnt matter that everyone else was wearing what Rania was, including Asma Assad when she took part in the march in Syria.
the comment about the hat is astonishing. dont most hats have logos of some sort? Its just a hat, one you can buy for a few bucks almost anywhere.
Millions of people wear hats with that logo, its not some exclusive label only available to royals. I saw the King of Norway wearing a jacket with a North face logo. Does that mean he was impressing designers?
I only wonder why such perceptive and productive comments are made in this thread.:rolleyes:

I forgot, Asma Assad is also the queen of Jordan.No, not all hats have logo.Since when did Norway become a "third world country?"Who cares what Norways prince wears? Let's not forget, he isn't the one being awarded by charitable causes,Rania is.If you were living in a homeless shelter, and you saw a Queen comming in with an "Armani" hat, and Gucci shoes,how would you feel?:rolleyes: These "perceptive and productive" comments are opinions.It's up to you how you percieve them.;)

polop said:
IIf you were living in a homeless shelter, and you saw a Queen comming in with an "Armani" hat, and Gucci shoes,how would you feel?:rolleyes: These "perceptive and productive" comments are opinions.It's up to you how you percieve them.;)

About dressing up when you visit those people who are homeless, I read a quote from the Queen Mum of England. After WWII, when she was visitng everyone who's homes were bombed she always dressed up in a dress, hat and gloves and people asked her why she did that. She replied that they would dress up if they were coming to see her so why shouldn't she do the same for them? I thought that was an interesting and sweet perspective.:)

ShksprNLov said:
About dressing up when you visit those people who are homeless, I read a quote from the Queen Mum of England. After WWII, when she was visitng everyone who's homes were bombed she always dressed up in a dress, hat and gloves and people asked her why she did that. She replied that they would dress up if they were coming to see her so why shouldn't she do the same for them? I thought that was an interesting and sweet perspective.:)

OK,that was sweet!:p

A Puma cap is hardly the same as an Armarni handbag. You get them for a fiver on the market.

Lol, I can just see Rania bartering in the market for a baseball cap! But she's still got designer purses galore anyway.

polop said:
I forgot, Asma Assad is also the queen of Jordan.No, not all hats have logo.

I disagree . Syria's economic situation is very similar to Jordan. Anyway Asma dresses the same way as Rania. She wears many designers' clothes, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two wrongs don't make a right. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if the moderators closed the Royal House of Jordan forum again. It seems to me that Rania's haters enjoy criticizing her and I don't understand why the moderators allow it .

Enough- It seems we're going down a slippery path... again.
Let's be constructive - Please!

nilah said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the moderators closed the Royal House of Jordan forum again. It seems to me that Rania's haters enjoy criticizing her and I don't understand why the moderators allow it .

I have no issue with criticism -- so long as it is justified in a manner that does not attack the opinons or disrespects the opinons of others. Even royals are human and have flaws and make mistakes. If some members can fawn over Queen Rania then certainly others can criticize her, too.

However, what I do have issue is when the criticism goes around in circles and is unconstructive. How many threads do we need to fill with discussions of how many plastic surgery operations Queen Rania has had and if she has had her nose re-done or not?

Doesn't anybody else think that Jordan and it's monarchy has much more to taut for itself or much more to strive for than discussing how much makeup the Queen is wearing?

All of us are here to have a good time, and if we can learn something about another part of the world, another culture, or broaden our minds to a new perspective all the better.

I myself do not enjoy this forum when I am reading 20 posts about how caked on Queen Rania's make up is wearing or should she just show up at royal engagements without make up. Such comments personally give me a headache. I would much rather learn about and hear about what Queen Rania is doing on a daily basis, what national or international programs she is helping to spearhead or is part of, and what sort of contributions she is making to Jordan as the Queen, and even what more she could be doing or people wish she were doing.

If you don't care for what I have to say as an Adminstrator, then heed what a fellow member, altagrace, has to say. Don't go down this slippery slope and be constructive in your comments, endorsing, critical, or whatever.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

King Receives Iraqi Minister of Interior</FONT></STRONG>

Pet0558 4 0165 King Receives Iraqi Minister of Interior Amman, Oct. 3 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday received Iraqi Minister of Interior Bayan Jabr, who concluded a working visit to the Kingdom to discuss scopes of cooperation and ways of enhancing relations between the two countries in the various domains. King Abdullah reiterated Jordan's keenness to preserve the unity of Iraq and its people and Jordan's continued support for efforts exerted to enhance security and stability in Iraq. The Iraqi minister outlined King Abdullah on the results of his talks with the Jordanian officials, stressing the role Jordan plays in supporting Iraqis. //Petra// 031633 Local OCT 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Oct/03/28029600.htm

Jordan's King Abdullah urges EU role to restore truce in the region
0.gif
By DPA
0.gif
Amman - King Abdullah II met Sunday with European Union ambassadors to Jordan and especially urged EU countries to help Israel and the Palestinians to restore the truce that was shattered during the last week, according to an official statement.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/631964.html

Queen appointed Honorary Hans Christian Andersen Ambassador
Aticle Part 1:
Amman/Oct.3(Petra)-- In recognition of her work in promoting literacy, quality education and cross-cultural dialogue in the Kingdom and around the world, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, on Monday, was appointed as Honorary Hans Christian Andersen Ambassador to Jordan.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Oct/03/28032500.htm

Aticle Part 2:
Established by the Kingdom of Denmark, and represented by the Danish Ministry of Culture, the Danish Ministry of Economic and Business Affairs, the Municipality of Odense, the County of Funen and the Bikuben Foundation, the Foundation aims to promote the wider appreciation and awareness of the life and work of Andersen. Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark is patron of the activities of the Hans Christian Andersen 2005 Foundation.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Oct/03/28032700.htm

Pictures:
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Oct/03/2404I.htm
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Oct/03/2406I.htm

Polfoto 03-10-2005 Queen Rania of Jordan, right, recieves an honor from Grethe Rostboll, the former Minister and chair of the Danish Center for Culture and development, left, during the opening of a Danish Jordanian seminar.(AP Photo/Nader Daoud)

Attachments

• AP406555_guest.jpg
    AP406555_guest.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 399
  • AP406489_guest.jpg
    AP406489_guest.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 381
  • AP406549_guest.jpg
    AP406549_guest.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 378
What is she wearing?!? A grey t-shirt with a leather jacket?

From Hello Magazine

rania-dop2a.jpg
The Jordanian royal read to Amman children in her role as the country's honorary Hans Christian Anderson ambassador

rania-dop1a.jpg
Queen Rania gets set to spend time with some of her smallest fans on Monday, as she immersed herself in a brand new literary role

King Abdullah II receives Romanian foreign minister</STRONG></FONT>

Pet0721 4 0289 King Abdullah II receives Romanian foreign minister Amman, Oct. 04 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Tuesday received Romanian foreign minister who handed His Majesty a message from Romanian President Traian Basescu on bilateral relations between the two countries and prospects of developing them in the various fields. His Majesty reviewed development of current situations in the region , particularly on the Palestinian and Iraqi arenas . He stressed the importance of international community's support to fulfill peace in the Middle East region, in order to enable its peoples achieve progress and development. Ungureanu expressed appreciation on the King's endeavors to achieve peace in the region. He expressed his country's keenness on developing relations of cooperation with Jordan , particularly in the economic fields. He pointed out that His Majesty's visit to Romania in May last year contributed to boosting the relations between the two countries who held a number of cooperation agreements in order to promote trade exchange and establish joint ventures. Petra 041822 Local OCT 2005 

King Abdullah II receives cables of congratulations</STRONG></FONT>

Pet0648 4 0255 King Abdullah II receives cables of congratulations Amman, Oct. 04 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Tuesday received cables of congratulations , on the advent of the holy month of Ramadan , from Arab and Moslem presidents and emeers , where they wished His Majesty further good health and blessings. In their cables , they hailed the King's wisdom and his consistent efforts exerted to serve the Jordanian people, Arab, and Islamic nation, and wished the Jordanian people further progress and prosperity. His Majesty received cables from Tunisian President Zein El-Abedeen Bin Ali, Syrian President Bashar Assad . Sheikh Jaber Ahmad Subah of Kuwait, Sheikh Khalifa Bin Hamad Al Thani of Qatar, Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nhayyan of the United Arab Emirates and Palestinian National Authority President Mahmoud Abbas. His Majesty received also cables from Uzbek President Islam Kerimov and former South African President Nelson Mandela. Petra 041639 Local OCT 2005 

Happy Ramadan to everone!:)

more pictures of the Queen (From Isifa)

Attachments

• is_11257346.jpg
    is_11257346.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 286
  • is_11257347.jpg
    is_11257347.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 482
  • is_11257350.jpg
    is_11257350.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 312
  • is_11257351.jpg
    is_11257351.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 302
  • is_11257352.jpg
    is_11257352.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 440
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Happy Ramadan to everone!:)

more pictures of the Queen (From Isifa)

Happy Ramadan to you too!Today was our first fast!(I mean in the U.S):D ;)
Can't wait till Eid!!

Do anyone have baby Prince Hashem's picture

I didn't see much of baby Prince Hashem's picture in the forum or the web. Can anyone provide the picture? Thanks

polop said:
Happy Ramadan to you too!Today was our first fast!(I mean in the U.S):D ;)
Can't wait till Eid!!

Today was our first fast too. I fasted:cool:

yin_yin_chen2001 said:
I didn't see much of baby Prince Hashem's picture in the forum or the web. Can anyone provide the picture? Thanks

If you have a look at some of the older King Abdullah and Queen Rania News and Pictures threads, you'll see pictures of Prince Hashem. Most of them were taken when Queen Rania took him along with her to foreign visits.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
If you have a look at some of the older King Abdullah and Queen Rania News and Pictures threads, you'll see pictures of Prince Hashem. Most of them were taken when Queen Rania took him along with her to foreign visits.
ll
Do you know which threads?

some more pictures from October 3:

Caption:
AMMAN, JORDAN: Jordan's Queen Rania (L) reads for children on October 03, 2005 in Amman, Jordan Queen Rania has been appointed Honorary Hans Christian Andersen Ambassador in recognition of her work in promoting literacy, quality education and cross- cultural dialoge in the Kingdom and around the world. Hans Christian Andersen is one of the world's greatest storytellers, with familiar childhood fairytails such as The Brave Tin Soldier, The Princess and the Pea, and The Ugly Duckling among many others. (Photo by Salah Malkawi/ Getty Images)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom