Kate Middleton Current Events 6: March-April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
regardez said:
She looked beautiful and very elegant.

Very well said, Charles and Camilla seemed to be very fond of her at the Cheltenham Festival and getting the in-laws on side, is half the battle!:D

kaydura0717 said:
I think Kate looked really pretty in those pictures- you see what a smile can do to the person. People have been saying that the girl she was with was her sister Pippa. Does anyone have a pic of William's friend that was supposedly accompanying her because I haven't seen him in any pic.

It was a group of close friends that were also invited but, I can't find anything to suggest or confirm it was Pippa with her. The pictures of a couple of Williams friends is in the Charles and Camilla thread.:)

Elspeth said:
Thank you, "MII"; now could we get back on topic, please?

Oh, but of course your eminence...

NOW...back on topic!

From the limited things I have seen, Kate seems to get along really well with Charles & Camilla...it woud seem that she has the royal stamp of approval, even from the one who counts!!!

"MII"

Kate looked really pretty in those pictures.

Luv2Cruise said:
I agree she's lovely.

Welcome Luv2Cruise, hope you enjoy the forum. :) She certainly is lovely! :)

Kate is a very pretty girl. She sometimes seems a bit confused but this is new to her she doesnt know how to handle all the attention yet. I dont follow her normally but I dont see anything wrong with her. I just thing people are expecting way to much from her.

Thank you Skydragon. I've been reading the posts here for a while now, and this seems like a much more mature board with a diversity of opinions. Not nearly as much bitterness directed at Kate Middleton as some other boards. How refreshing. :)

I think Kate looked lovely at the Celtenham Festival, I especially liked the fur hat and her coat! I think it's quite interesting that she's standing so close to Charles and Camilla, it looks like she did indeed get the royal approval. (Which is fine by me, btw. I happen to like her... :))

Kate looked lovely! I think it's great that both Charles and Camilla are trying to make Kate feel at home.

Who knows what the future will hold for both Kate and William but if she does marry William, she'll make a wonderful addition to the Royal Family!

here are some more photos from the Royalist website

Attachments

• Mailkateinside.jpg
    Mailkateinside.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 2,885
  • exp.jpg
    exp.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 473
Thanks for posting the Daily Mail pictures. His shiny crown is definitely more pronounced now that is sporting an army cut. And, they really look nice together and at ease in their role of a couple. I say good luck for these two.

:)

Now, that's serious!:)
Kate did look lovely both at the Celtenham Festival and in those Daily mail pics.

I agree. I also think brown is a very good colour on her.

The look relaxed together in those pictures, I think it is a good thing in a way that Kate has had so much press. No it lets them be seen in public and not feel shy or like hiding. They can do what they like as it is not a secret.

Kate is very tall, she must be at least 5'10, in flat boots she was around Prince Charles' height and they say he is 5'11.

I can't imagine William without hair, Harry yes as he has rounder features but not William.

Last edited:
I really like Kate, and I think she looks beautiful in the pictures, and very happy. :D

Do you think that a wedding is coming up soon? When do you think that the wedding will be set for?

I Think it will be soon but unlike some people I Do not think the press is forcing it I Belive they are both ready :) Ive Heard he Wont pass Sandhurst till December so that will Definately be a factor. Where would the Annoucement come from ??? Where do you THINK theyll Marry (I Know its all speculation at this point) but still...

The entire story of how she planned to meet him sounds too much of cunning and devious, not a sweet and ethical lady

Fiorenza said:
The entire story of how she planned to meet him sounds too much of cunning and devious, not a sweet and ethical lady

I'm sorry to ask this, if it was previously in the thread, but how did she plan to meet him? How did they meet? I thought he saw her on a fashion runway.

:confused:

They met at St. Andrews. Some people believe that she only attended so that she could go out with him. However, it was annonced that he was going there and/or applying after it was too late for people to apply for that year, so that is basically an unfounded and far-stretched rumor (in my opinion).

They lived in the same dorm building, St. Salvadors and they apparently were freinds before the fashion show although he did pay a hefty sum to see her in the front row.

Royal Fan said:
I Think it will be soon but unlike some people I Do not think the press is forcing it I Belive they are both ready :) Ive Heard he Wont pass Sandhurst till December so that will Definately be a factor. Where would the Annoucement come from ??? Where do you THINK theyll Marry (I Know its all speculation at this point) but still...

Does anyone remember how it was with prince Charles and the ladies he dated but did not marry? Did he present them (or some of them) to the queen and his father? Were some invited to Balmoral? Did he share a bedroom in one of the Royal residences?

I'm just asking because I'm not sure all the hinta of acceptance of Kate by the Royal family do mean that there is an upcoming wedding so I'm looking for the way Charles and his parents handled his girlfriends. Because if he took someone else but Diana to the same appointments that William takes Kate, then it doesn't mean anything IMHO.

So, if you can remember, please cue me in. Thank you.

In any case, i dont think charles is handling Wills' relationship the same way his mother handled his. Times have changed and he has lots of experience on his back to redo the same way.

Jo of Palatine said:
Does anyone remember how it was with prince Charles and the ladies he dated but did not marry? Did he present them (or some of them) to the queen and his father? Were some invited to Balmoral? Did he share a bedroom in one of the Royal residences?

I'm just asking because I'm not sure all the hinta of acceptance of Kate by the Royal family do mean that there is an upcoming wedding so I'm looking for the way Charles and his parents handled his girlfriends. Because if he took someone else but Diana to the same appointments that William takes Kate, then it doesn't mean anything IMHO.

So, if you can remember, please cue me in. Thank you.

When the princes dated titled and aristocratic ladies, it was common for the Queen and Prince Philip to see them and their families at normal social events because they socialized in the same circles. Everybody who is anybody in royal and aristocratic circles goes to Ascot, for example.

When Charles was dating Lady Jane Wellesley, the Queen invited the Duke and Duchess of Wellington to one of the royal estates. The press made a big deal out of it but the Duke said that they were friends with the Queen and Prince Philip from before and that it meant nothing more.

Since Wills and Harry are dating outside the aristocratic circle, I don't know how significant it is for Kate to meet Charles and Camilla.

ysbel said:
When the princes dated titled and aristocratic ladies, it was common for the Queen and Prince Philip to see them and their families at normal social events because they socialized in the same circles. Everybody who is anybody in royal and aristocratic circles goes to Ascot, for example.

Since Wills and Harry are dating outside the aristocratic circle, I don't know how significant it is for Kate to meet Charles and Camilla.

I don't think it is as significant for Charles and Camilla to meet their son's girlfriends, most parents get introduced to a variety of boy/girlfriends before they bring home the one they hope to make their significant other.

It has become harder to maintain the old protocols, now that they are dating girls from a different background and I should imagine that they, like many parents have had to change with the times. :)

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
I don't think it is as significant for Charles and Camilla to meet their son's girlfriends, most parents get introduced to a variety of boy/girlfriends before they bring home the one they hope to make their significant other.

It has become harder to maintain the old protocols, now that they are dating girls from a different background and I should imagine that they, like many parents have had to change with the times. :)

I agree. I do not believe that Charles would allow William to make the same mistake he did with regard to marriage and love. Charles has learned his lesson. Besides that, William seems clever enough to see where his dad went wrong about that, and also seems clever enough not to do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom