Kate Middleton Current Events 4: December 2005-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
karla64 said:
i read other forums... that she may get yard bodyguard fears over safety.. I think from daily express....

Thats what the papers are saying but I don't think its true since that rumour has been around for months. I think it was just made up since the whole pictures of her apartment in the german magazine came out so they made up this lie IMO I think it is not true.

This looks like second hand or even third hand news. Not worth a lot. Anyway, Kate's family is wealthy enough for her to get her own bodyguard if things get too rough.

Has anyone came across the pictures of Kate shopping and trying on gowns?

They are pap. pics shot through the shop window.

I saw a thumbnail somwhere but no other pictures.

I doubt Kate will get a bodyguard, why should she?!

I was just looking through old pictures and there are loads of Princess Mary of Denmark from when she was dating Frederik, she may have been older than Kate but she coped well.

Just smile and get on with it, what can the photographers really do that is that bad?

I wish the press would drop the whole security issue, I am sure Kate will be fine.

A German magazine published where she lives, I don't think a bodyguard would be used to prevent pictures (they never do it with other royals). I think the concern is that more people know where she lives and know she is Prince William girlfriend.

I guess so but she could always move and with other girlfriends of Royals the public knew where they worked and could have gotten to them to.

I suppose it could be argued from all view points, I for one would be VERY annoyed if the tax payers had to pay for her bodyguard. William or her parents could pay for it and that would be fine but not the public.

The issue here is that the press and papparazzi have gotten a lot more aggressive in the last 10-20 years. The papparazzi don't just take pictures from afar anymore. They get right in your face and they've been known to heap verbal abuse on celebrities to get a crying or angry reaction. Then they publish, so-and-so was crying after a fight with so-and-so regardless of the
fact that they set up the crying situation in the first place by harassing the person till they cried.

I've seen the paps lay on the floor and flash their cameras upwards to get 'upskirt' shots. You'll always get a silly model who forgets to put any underwear on and ends up plastered all over the newspapers and internet showing her modesty. That's why you have to learn how to step in and out of a car etc. Kate has alot to fight against but somehow I don't see her coping.

BeatrixFan said:
I've seen the paps lay on the floor and flash their cameras upwards to get 'upskirt' shots. You'll always get a silly model who forgets to put any underwear on and ends up plastered all over the newspapers and internet showing her modesty. That's why you have to learn how to step in and out of a car etc. Kate has alot to fight against but somehow I don't see her coping.

Ah, the infamous panty shots (or shall we say, pantyless shots).

I see it more as a problem for the Royal Family. They have to balance whether the girl is queen material with whether she and William can make a good marriage.

Charles got serious with several women who couldn't handle the press scrutiny and he ended up marrying someone who was a papparazzi dream come true but who was someone he wasn't comfortable with.

William is press-shy to begin with. The chances of him falling in love with someone who is ultra-comfortable in the spotlight is slim to none and I would hazard a guess that the chances of his marriage succeeding if a press-worthy bride is chosen for him is even lower than that.

Sadly it seems that the press have learned nothing from their treatment of Diana and are determined to do the same to whoever William is dating.

"A German magazine published where she lives, I don't think a bodyguard would be used to prevent pictures (they never do it with other royals). I think the concern is that more people know where she lives and know she is Prince William girlfriend."

Which is alledgedly the reason why William has not visited Kate's flat since. It's too much a safety risk.

If that is the case then personally I think the Press needs to step back, it's one thing to photograph her when hse's out shopping but printing pictures of her house, forcing her boyfriend to end his visits there is a bit low.

There has to be some limit to the press...publishing where she lives?!

Thats bloody ridiculous and dangerous. What if someone decided to do some harm to Kate because of her relationship with William. I agree, she does need a bodyguard. Though I do agree that it shouldn't cost the British Taxpayers anything.

Let's face it kids..we don't live in the same world as when Diana dated Charles and the paparazzi where somewhat (if that) controllable. And please, lets not compare the Danish press to the English press and how Mary handled the publicity versus Kate. Its too totally different situations. And yet again, I ask those who say Kate should just smile for the pics (and then be criticized like Mary for liking the attention) how they would react if they were constantly stalked (cause thats what it is) for a picture of you eating an apple, food shopping, riding the bus, etc. I don't think a lot of us could handle it.

i totally agree it is stalking, no other word for it. some protection seems the best course but NOT paid for with tax money. her father and boyfriend are rich surely they could come up with a plan, theres just 2 many crazy people out there to take a chance if u love someone. jmo

Could it be possible that Kate went to St.Andrews because she wanted a relationship with prince William, a couple of years ago I read somewhere that when Kate was younger she had a crush on William.I am not into gossip but it seems really a bit weird to me that Kate, graduated in history of arts decides to have a carreer in baby clothes.Or maybe she decided a couple of months ago, that a career in art is not something she really wants and she just followed her dream , and is persuading a career in baby clothing.
It's nice that william is supporting her:)

yeah, i read she had his poster in her dorm at school...and her mother pressured her to go to St Andrew's when it was published that he was going there...but that doesnt matter anymore, even if it is true, since he did fall for her....Im not sure about marriage though, only recently i read that he totally ignored Kate in the presence of Isabella (i dont know how to spell her last names, but shes blue blooded), and that Kate cant even stand the existence of Isabella.

I think since graduating it has been a hard road for Kate-the change in living arrangements, the press following your every move, going on job interviews, finding a way to make a living and now being left for a few years because William has his military time. I haven't seen many happy expressions when she is photographed through all this. But I think recently the Prince William has spoken in actions that he really loves her. The kiss, the toast and helping fianance her business. I think as he faced Sandhurst knowing he won't see her his true feeling came out. I believe in fairy tales still.:)

IamLaura said:
Could it be possible that Kate went to St.Andrews because she wanted a relationship with prince William, a couple of years ago I read somewhere that when Kate was younger she had a crush on William.I am not into gossip but it seems really a bit weird to me that Kate, graduated in history of arts decides to have a carreer in baby clothes.Or maybe she decided a couple of months ago, that a career in art is not something she really wants and she just followed her dream , and is persuading a career in baby clothing.
It's nice that william is supporting her:)

Let's suppose Kate's mother had encouraged her daughter to go to St-Andrews and as a result [Kate] had purposely gone to St-Andrews for a chance to meet William. Do you really think this would have significantly factored into William's apparent strong and growing relationship with Kate?? Probably not; how many girls do you think have followed that lead (choosing St-Andrews) in order to potentially meet William and catch his eye? I would guess and say probably a few. Maybe the story is true that Kate chose St-Andrews for a chance to.....But in the end, William chose her as a companion and for whatever reason, their relationship appears to be growing strongly every day. Do you really think you can be with somebody that long without some sort of physical/ mental/ spiritual attraction?? And factor into that Will's well known determination and hatred of being told what to do or not do....
You know, he sometimes appears a little bit lost not knowing what he wants out of life but he sure appears as heck to know what he doesnt want in life.....My guess is that Kate is just the lucky girl to have captured the heart of the future king of england regardless of whatever (hypothetical) scheme/ strategy might have put her in that position;)

They announced where William was attending after it was too late to apply to St. Andrews for that year, actually.

regardez said:
They announced where William was attending after it was too late to apply to St. Andrews for that year, actually.

that is true though i think there were some william-motivated applications for the next year. I actually know a girl who left the american college we were both attending to follow 'her prince' to st. andrews. I lost touch with her but I dont think she ever got to date him.

I think that Kate might have been pushed either by her mom or by herself to attend St. Andrews to meet PW but in the end William had to see something in her to have been in a relationship for this long. I don't think they will get marry but for the time being it seems like she isn't going anywhere.

I read somewhere in the internet.. William was planned to leave St Andrews while first year because homestick or unhappy some reason and Kate was helping him to make stay St andrews University... Did you know about it????

I am not sure that story was true....

karla64

karla64 said:
I read somewhere in the internet.. William was planned to leave St Andrews while first year because homestick or unhappy some reason and Kate was helping him to make stay St andrews University... Did you know about it????

I am not sure that story was true....

karla64

I think that's true.I have heard that story over and over again sooo many times.:)

ive heard that too.......O I hope they marry Wonder where they would hold the wedding I Suggest St Georges at Windsor

You all may need to read the DailyMirror regarding William's Marriage :)

I don't know what to believe about the relationship. The press is reporting one minute they are getting engaged the next William is waiting after his military career is over for a commitment.

I sure hope Kate knows whats going on.:)

I feel sad for her cuz it seems like she just waits for him on beck and call. I wonder if she really gets out of the house and spends time with her friends.

That's true I haven't really seen her with her freinds since she came back from St. Andrews. Doesn't it go... boyfreinds will come and go but freinds are forever, errr maybe that's diamonds are forever. Oh well those too!:D

HRHAmy said:
That's true I haven't really seen her with her freinds since she came back from St. Andrews. Doesn't it go... boyfreinds will come and go but freinds are forever, errr maybe that's diamonds are forever. Oh well those too!:D

HAHAHA:D ;)
Maybe it's Prince's are forever??Who knows? I haven't seen her hanging out with ANYONE except with her mom. I hope they all didn't ditch her or anything...:rolleyes:

Or it could be they don't want to be phtographed but still she mostly is only seen with her mom. I wonder if her friends think that she has become a snob since she started hanging out with PW so they decided they didn't want to be friends with her.

HELLO magazine's website has a poll asking people whose life style would they want, here is the place where you can vote, IF you want to.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/
I don't know why would anyone pick Kate Middleton, since there many other people whose lives I would want to live?!:rolleyes: Anyways, enjoy.

Well she just went spent four years going to school in a different city. I have done the same thing and when I go home I spend most of my time with my mom. Sometimes you don't stay close to your own friends. Also there have been very few pictures of her so the press might not be getting or publishing pictures of her out with her friends.

There seems to be a lot of dislike here for someone that none of us know, based on some very little information and pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom