Kate Middleton Current Events 3: October-December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry's polo shirt said:
all she was doing was shopping. unless she hit some old lady or tripped over something she is going to look composed. Shopping doesn't show composure.

Thanks for that. I needed a laugh today. That was priceless.

Everyone nowadays want to praise the everyday actions as something grand & nobel prize worthy.

I just love your post

Tzu An said:
I believe it is an officer appointed to guard William at all times. They are specially trained to blend in under all circumstances. If William drives, the guard rides in the passenger seat or the guard drives. The guard is always next or near him as close as possible in case of attempted assassination and/or kidnap. She looks kind of ticked in some of those pictures.

Oh yes, I think you're right, it's an officer who guards him. There was probably at least one backup security car trailing them. I remember in all of the reports about Prince Charles in the 70s when he was dating around, he and his date would have an officer in their car and another security car following them. It might be more intense now, though. I'm sure the present royal generation has to deal with even more stringent security measures than Charles' generation, due to the increase of terrorism.

These 2 are so cagey, you can't even know for sure if they're even together or what! I suppose though if I were them, I would be sneaking around too! ha ha

Why does it matter now? Didn't they share a HOUSE when they were in University? I think in the end the Queen will give in. Why is everything a dillema (not sure about the spelling:eek: ) with the royals????:D

It is not just an issue for Royals, living together or not some people from an older generation feel uncomfortable with this situation, of two un-married people sharing a room.

You would imagine living in a Palace you could just stick Kate and William way out on a wing of their own so they can do what they like but the press need a good story, and that is not one.

Unless they want to write about them having their own wing:rolleyes:

You're not being fair

polop said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4354636.stm

I seriously think she needs to get over her self.She is already complaining of the "pressure." God, if you don't want the pressure then don't commit!:cool:

You don't know what goes on because chances are you've never been in this situation.This is not just about the photographers taking pics of her while she's out at the store, obviously she deals with that well.

The things that gets bad is when they chase you around while you are driving or they print a pic of you on the tube or bus with an article saying "Miss Middleton is seen here going to XYZ office for a job". They can easily say where she does her grocery shopping & what time or who her doctor is etc. Do you see how this can be used by some nutter in a bad way? The girl could end up a target for a terrorist or stalker if they keep telling the public where she is 24/7.

The point is there is a HUGE difference in being a Royal & dating one. Kate does not have the security protection that the royals have unless she is with William. It's not fair to ask her to put up with the same stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
BeatrixFan said:
Miss Middleton is dating an heir to the throne. If she doesn't like being photographed then she had to find ways to deal with them. Stand still, turn turn, give them their photograph and then move on. If she tries to hide, it becomes a game for the Press and she'll be hounded.

Give and take is the answer and if she can't cope now then how will she cope in the future, should she have to?
I don't think she has a problem being photographed but in certain instances it's not appropriate & she is left to draw the line because the paparazzi will not, they will go as far as you let them.

She has every right to say "ok this is where I draw the line".

Angel S. said:
You don't know what goes on because chances are you've never been in this situation.This is not just about the photographers taking pics of her while she's out at the store, obviously she deals with that well.

The things that gets bad is when they chase you around while you are driving or they print a pic of you on the tube or bus with an article saying "Miss Middleton is seen here going to XYZ office for a job". They can easily say where she does her grocery shopping & what time or who her doctor is etc. Do you see how this can be used by some nutter in a bad way? The girl could end up a target for a terrorist or stalker if they keep telling the public where she is 24/7.

The point is there is a HUGE difference in being a Royal & dating one. Kate does not have the security protection that the royals have unless she is with William. It's not fair to ask her to put up with the same stuff.
I highly doubt Kate is a target for a terrorist, why would they take her when they could take William or Harry or someone more significant? She is NOT a member of the royal family, she is just dating someone of the royal family and she will probably be one in many of a long line of girls Wills will date over the years I don't think a terrorist will take her so I don't see her having any problem with that. Also you're right there is a big difference between being royal and dating one, you don't get your own security and why should Kate get special treatment when every other royal bachelor's girlfreind in the past has never gotten special treatment? They all had to go through the same thing Kate's going through. And I agree with the rest, if you decided you want to date someone high profile then you have to expect that all the press coverage, the following, the even going through your trash (which happened to princess mary of denmark) will happen! Plus IF she does marry William some day, how will she cope then when she can't cope now? I think we should just wait and see what happens, if the fire gets too hot she will jump out.

This may be a silly question but when she's with PWilliam, does his security run interference for her? I recall there were times when Diana was dating Charles and she seemed quite on her own even when with Charles. His security was with him--in other words--but she looked like she was fending for herself.

Angel S. said:

HRHAmy said:
I highly doubt Kate is a target for a terrorist, why would they take her when they could take William or Harry or someone more significant? She is NOT a member of the royal family, she is just dating someone of the royal family and she will probably be one in many of a long line of girls Wills will date over the years I don't think a terrorist will take her so I don't see her having any problem with that. Also you're right there is a big difference between being royal and dating one, you don't get your own security and why should Kate get special treatment when every other royal bachelor's girlfreind in the past has never gotten special treatment? They all had to go through the same thing Kate's going through. And I agree with the rest, if you decided you want to date someone high profile then you have to expect that all the press coverage, the following, the even going through your trash (which happened to princess mary of denmark) will happen! Plus IF she does marry William some day, how will she cope then when she can't cope now? I think we should just wait and see what happens, if the fire gets too hot she will jump out.

You're obviously not paying attention to what I said before. Let me clear it up for you. She is an easy target for a kidnapping because she is not as protected as Prince William or Harry who are ALWAYS with body guards & security alarms. If something should happen to her how do you think William will react?

It's quite possible that in the event of a kidnapping & god forbid death, William may decide to hand in his title and thus create a huge uproar in England. It's just one possibility but a big one!

No one said she couldn't take the heat & why should she put up with people crossing the line just becasue others have had to put up with it in the past? That's an odd logic for you to use. In the past women were property & did as they were told but we changed that didn't we? Things must always change!

maryshawn said:
This may be a silly question but when she's with PWilliam, does his security run interference for her? I recall there were times when Diana was dating Charles and she seemed quite on her own even when with Charles. His security was with him--in other words--but she looked like she was fending for herself.

You're right, the security is there to protect William & not her so they will do exactly that.

As I have it understood Prince Frederik of Denmark had to hire some security for his then GF Mary Donaldson (now Crown Princess Mary) because the paparazzi got so bad. I think they tried to run her off the road once just to get a photo!

polop said:
Why does it matter now? Didn't they share a HOUSE when they were in University? I think in the end the Queen will give in. Why is everything a dillema (not sure about the spelling:eek: ) with the royals????:D

I think the problem is that the Queen is the head of the Church of England & this is a situation where they are staying at her house & not their own, therefore she can't be seen as being ok with pre-marital sex especially in her own house. Personally I don't think she has a huge issue with it but in public she has to act like the head of the Church.

As I have it understood she holds the same status in her religion as the Pope does in his.

Angel S. said:

Ms. Middleton can go to office ABCDEFGH... but Ms.Middleton is just not "that girl who is dating that boy" she is Ms.Middleton who is dating the future King of England, and if she doesn't like the pressure or is "loosing her privacy" than honey, better step down-before it's too late. I think if the rest of the worlds celebrity can live without being killed by "terrorists" than our Kate, can survive.Iam sorry if you thought that I wasn't being fair, that truly wasn't my intention.:)

Angel S. said:
You're obviously not paying attention to what I said before. Let me clear it up for you. She is an easy target for a kidnapping because she is not as protected as Prince William or Harry who are ALWAYS with body guards & security alarms. If something should happen to her how do you think William will react?

It's quite possible that in the event of a kidnapping & god forbid death, William may decide to hand in his title and thus create a huge uproar in England. It's just one possibility but a big one!

No one said she couldn't take the heat & why should she put up with people crossing the line just becasue others have had to put up with it in the past? That's an odd logic for you to use. In the past women were property & did as they were told but we changed that didn't we? Things must always change!
Angel S. I understand EXACTLY what you are saying and what you just said was very rude and inappropraite, I was just stating what I felt. I know she doesn't have the same security as William but what I am saying is that why would a terrorist kidnap her? Give me one good reason! Why would they kidnap kate when she is so insignificant to the Royal Family?! What would be the point? just to hurt William? What good would that do?, Angel be realistic! And another thing since you want to get into it so bad, if Kate is hiring lawyers to send notes to the paparazzi telling them to respect her privacy then YES THAT IS PROOF she can't take the heat or doesn't want it. And I'm saying Kate should put up with the media intrusion because she is DATING A ROYAL, why should she get special treatment? Does that mean Chesly should get special treatment? Should she get bodygaurds too to follow her up to school and back and to the mall and where ever she wants to go?! I don't think so, the Queen is not going to shell out all that money for these girls that Will or Harry might NOT even marry! If you feel so strongly that Kate should get bodygaurds then you shell out the money yourself Angel and be done with it!

polop said:
Ms. Middleton can go to office ABCDEFGH... but Ms.Middleton is just not "that girl who is dating that boy" she is Ms.Middleton who is dating the future King of England, and if she doesn't like the pressure or is "loosing her privacy" than honey, better step down-before it's too late. I think if the rest of the worlds celebrity can live without being killed by "terrorists" than our Kate, can survive.Iam sorry if you thought that I wasn't being fair, that truly wasn't my intention.:)

Totally agree with you polop;)
If she is dating PRINCE William, she must now the consecuences and that she will loose her privacy from now on and forever(if she marry wills).:mad: :D

It isn't that obvious at all. Every member of the royal families in all of Europe fight to maintain some form of privacy. They do want to be able to do certain things in private without being followed by the press. It's harder in Britain than anywhere else and I'm not at all surprised that the younger generation will try everything not to loose all privacy. I like that they just don't accept that the papparazzi are there 24/7.

I think it's really silly to say Kate should tough it out with the paparazzi and get used to it. If she marries William she will not be in the same position with the press as she is now. The royals lead very structured lives and there is some built in protection from the excesses of the press. They also conduct many public engagements that allow the press to get free pictures at a minimum of inconvenience to them. This ready access controls the media hunger for pics and stories somewhat. For William we see his mountain expedition, etc.

But Kate can hardly start doing public engagements as a royal if she's not even royal yet. And she may not be able to afford the type of security that she needs for press coverage like this. So she has to do something.

Diana's engagement announcement was rushed to get her into Clarence House with the Queen Mother away from the press that hounded her so much before her engagement. In hindsight, rushing an engagement because of the press intrusion was not a good move but they did the best they knew at the time.

HRHAmy said:
Angel S. I understand EXACTLY what you are saying and what you just said was very rude and inappropraite, I was just stating what I felt. I know she doesn't have the same security as William but what I am saying is that why would a terrorist kidnap her? Give me one good reason! Why would they kidnap kate when she is so insignificant to the Royal Family?! What would be the point? just to hurt William? What good would that do?, Angel be realistic!

I am being realistic and I've spoken to a family member (who was in law enforcement dealing with stalkers & terrorists) about this exact situation. I"ll give you the reason....She is a target simply becasuse she is dating the future King of England. Now you may think she's insignificant but if something were to happen to her William would be devistated (it would cause disruption) and it would be heard all over the news. It would be seen as if the terrorists were sending a message like..."Look not even the furure bride of the Prince is safe. Tremble with fear England." This *IS* how these people think. To us it would seem like "but she may not even get married to him" it doesn't matter to these people, all they want is to prove a point that no one is safe.

Now the reason why is is a good tatget for these people is because she is an easy target (no security etc.) right now terrorists are not very organized and that can be seen by the actions they took in London. Those were small bombing incidents and it shows they don't have much power to pull off another huge thing like 9/11.

The reason they don't take out other celeberties is because they are not dating the Future King of England and besides most celeberties have security teams, like David Beckham etc.

I'm not saying the queen should provide her with security I'm just saying that the press should ease up & not give out certain details of her whereabouts. Pictures yes but a picture of her standing in front of where she works or her Dr. office is crossing the line. She should stand up for herself & fight the press! This isn't about special treatment it's about safety & wanting to be treated like a human being & not some hunted animal.

polop said:

From the photos it doesn't seem like she is running away so I'd say she's ok with the pressure for the most part. And your right she is not some girl dating some boy & that is exactly why the press needs to think before they print where she works or where her doctor's office is. Taking some pictures is ok but there has to be a line that they can't cross!

The press tries to get away with everything & I'm sure if the laws were such that they could follow her anywhere they'd probably be walking into her gynocological examinations!

I don't think Kate is a target for terrorists but she can get hurt by hyperactive papparazzi just the same.

If Kate feels so inclined to take a stand with the paparazzi then she should take legal action against them, but it probably wont help because paparazzi make so much money they can keep you in the courts for years and years and years while kate doesn't have that much money or time. Look at how many celeberties sued over pictures that were printed and what did they get? a retraction or a sum of money? If kate wants to take them down, then more power to her but I seriouldy don't think it would even make a dent in them.

And just curious I have never seen the press print her doctor's office name, her address etc. do you have proof of this?

Angel S. said:
I am being realistic and I've spoken to a family member (who was in law enforcement dealing with stalkers & terrorists) about this exact situation. I"ll give you the reason....She is a target simply becasuse she is dating the future King of England. Now you may think she's insignificant but if something were to happen to her William would be devistated (it would cause disruption) and it would be heard all over the news. It would be seen as if the terrorists were sending a message like..."Look not even the furure bride of the Prince is safe. Tremble with fear England." This *IS* how these people think.
Hyperactive imagination.

HRHAmy said:
If Kate feels so inclined to take a stand with the paparazzi then she should take legal action against them, but it probably wont help because paparazzi make so much money they can keep you in the courts for years and years and years while kate doesn't have that much money or time. Look at how many celeberties sued over pictures that were printed and what did they get? a retraction or a sum of money? If kate wants to take them down, then more power to her but I seriouldy don't think it would even make a dent in them.

And just curious I have never seen the press print her doctor's office name, her address etc. do you have proof of this?

well photos of her home have been published. so i think if you did some research you could probably find out her address though i havent heard of the actual adress being published prominently anywhere.

Idriel, is that a general statement or are you talking about Angel?

Elspeth said:
Idriel, is that a general statement or are you talking about Angel?
I was directly referring to the statement I quoted, Angel's statement.
She was arguing that Kate was a serious terrorist target and giving fantasist reasons to support her claim. My answer to that: hyperactive imagination.

Idriel said:
I was directly referring to the statement I quoted, Angel's statement.
She was arguing that Kate was a serious terrorist target and giving fantasist reasons to support her claim. My answer to that: hyperactive imagination.

Why is that such a fantasist scenario? If I were a terrorist I'd try to select a target that is well-known enough to shock the public but relatively accessible. Stranger things have happened. (Mind you, I am NOT a terrorist and do not support any of the things they do.)

Well, I could see "hyperactive imagination" and "fantasist" being used to refer to a scenario about alien abduction or something, but given that the British royal family - and not just the close family either if Lord Mountbatten's death is any guide - is a known terrorist target, I don't think that the idea of killing William and/or his steady girlfriend (and Kate would certainly be an easier target than the senior royals) is all that far-fetched, to be honest. I mean, I think it's a highly unlikely scenario, but not one to be dismissed out of hand.

I agree Idriel, but I just don't see kate getting kidnapped by a terrorist, William could break up with her tomorrow and then what will happen? She doesn't seem like a very significant target to me. Not to sound mean or sadistic or anything but what about Zara or her brother? I would assume since they have no royal titles and live a somewhat nornaml life that they wouldn't have security either? Why not target them they are a direct link the the Queen and King. Once again I would never want anyone to be kidnapped but I am just trying to make a point of Kate being somewhat insignificant to the Royal Family in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom