Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

And I was the same as you both :ROFLMAO:, so therefor I think Joachim & Marie will choose a surprising name for their baby.

I didn't expect their boy to be named Henrik- that also was a surprise :)

I also expect the name to be a surprise.

For a boy I would love a Prince Georg/Max/Michael/Oscar/Nicholas/Konrad

Middle names perhaps: Gustav/Johan/Holger/Anders/Axel

For a girl a Princess Louisa/Cecilie/Sophia/Viktoria/Anna

Middle names perhaps: Margrethe/Francoise/Odile/Ingrid

I love Princess Louisa Francoise Margretha Odile.

There are so many lovely Danish names for them to chose from!

I think there might be a nod to her family so maybe a version of Alain or Francoise.I also love Francesca or Charlotte for a girl and Marius or Lukas for a boy.

I think there might be a nod to her family so maybe a version of Alain or Francoise.I also love Francesca or Charlotte for a girl and Marius or Lukas for a boy.
Love your choices, but I think because I love them, they have no chance, so far I am 00 in baby names:bang:, :whistling:

i also like Françoise, Francesca or Charlotte.
Lukas is nice too, maybe also Erik? in honor of the uncle Frederik. Jonathan, Fillip, Marko are good names too

Is the name Daisy a proper name, or is it only a nickname ?

Is the name Daisy a proper name, or is it only a nickname ?

It isn't really used much in Denmark as either a real name or nick name.
Only about one or two girls are given the name every year.

But then nothing would surprise me when it comes to DRF names anymore.

Looking at Marie being so soon to her due date, she seems like she is carrying differently (belly is in a different shape) to the last pregnancy unless I'm just giving myself excuses the it is a little princess.

i dont believe in superstitions as they are not scientific based. (i know many pregnant women over the years that had 2 or more children of the same gender and they had diferent bellys each pregnancy).

about guessing, a girl would be the best, but i dont know why, but i think she will have a boy, hope im wrong^^

Due date is end of January.
I think the second child will be a marvellous birthday-present for princess Marie.
At the balcony scene last sunday she did not yet have that tired face of popping in just a week.

Boy or Girl: statistically the more children you have of the same gender, the less possibilities you have to have one of the other gender.
So parents with two daughters have less posibilities to have a first son than a third daughter.

I was looking at pictures from the late stages of Marie's pregnancy with Prince Henrik and I think she has a similar shape and size of bump so perhaps they are destined to have a house full of boys? I hope I am wrong though I would love to see what a little girl in that family would look like!

I thought the whole bump up, bump down thing to indicate boy or girl was just crap? I don't see how similar shape and size of a bump can mean anything, it just links to the height and body type of the mother IMO.

:previous: That's what I thought, too.

Anyway, I also hope for a girl. Every little boy should have a little sister to spoil and protect.

So was I :p and all day long I was wandering around saying "well that's child abuse". :ROFLMAO: The name has grown on me though, I think it suits him quite well now.

LOL oh God no. Child abuse via horrible names is reserved for the American celebrities. Thankfully, the European royals have more sense in that department. Anyway, you're right, Felix suits him. And his brother definitely looks like a Nikolai...and little Henrik looks like a Henrik! I'm banking on this baby being another boy; I'll be shocked if it's a girl.

if Boy maybe Frederick
if Girl maybe Mary ;)

LOL oh God no. Child abuse via horrible names is reserved for the American celebrities. Thankfully, the European royals have more sense in that department. Anyway, you're right, Felix suits him. And his brother definitely looks like a Nikolai...and little Henrik looks like a Henrik! I'm banking on this baby being another boy; I'll be shocked if it's a girl.

Agreed, thank god that we don't have little Prince Jupiter Moon-Rainbow-and-Unicorn Brian's and Princess Apple Ginger-Martini's. That would be absolutely ghastly.

I would like princess Ingrid
Margarethe Marie/Mary Amalie of Denmark

Final guess:

Girl:Alexandrine Ingrid Françoise Margrethe

I think it'll be a girl too. No guesses on name :)

26 January, 2012
GIRL

Dorothea Francoise Ingrid Margrethe
Princess Dorothea
Princess Dotty :)

6 February 2012
Due date is apparently 30 January 2012

Last edited:
Agreed, thank god that we don't have little Prince Jupiter Moon-Rainbow-and-Unicorn Brian's and Princess Apple Ginger-Martini's. That would be absolutely ghastly.

:ROFLMAO: Now that would be fun.

P. Marie is giving birth right now.
The princess was admitted around 4 o'clock this morning and everything is progressing as it should, says Lene Balleby to bt.dk.
http://www.bt.dk/royale/prinsesse-marie-er-gaaet-i-foedsel

So we will know the gender soon. :flowers:

:news:

She has given birth.
We now have a new princess. :flowers:

Did anyone hear what names P Joachim said? (as a joke) Jo and ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guessed the gender right, now for the name.

Princess Sophie/a Margrethe Francoise Marie

Princess Louise/a Francoise Cecilie Margrethe

I think Joachim was joking about Sheherazade...which I like, but it is unlikely:

Princess Sheherazade Francoise Ingrid Margrethe
:)

Did anyone hear what names P Joachim said? (as a joke) Jo and ?

According to Muhler

As for names, weeell, Joachim suggested Sheherazade, buuut, that is hardly likely to be true. (Fine with me, because writing that name each time I should refer to M&J's new Piaf, would take some serious spell checking for the first few weeks).

Scheherazade is a legendary Persian queen and the storyteller of One Thousand and One Nights.

I don't see them repeating the Ingrid/Margrethe middle names with this baby. They have an Ingrid in the family and Isabella has those two middle names. I know it would be to honour the two woman, but it gives M&J to use names they may actually prefer.

Last edited:
Princess Sophie/a Margrethe Francoise Marie

Princess Louise/a Francoise Cecilie Margrethe

Sophie and Louise are good suggestions.
They are common and pretty popular in DK as well, even though the pronounciation is different. (The e in end is very audible).
Cecilie is pretty common as well.
Francoise is a pretty name, but I don't think it will be her first name.

Here are the odds from a bookmaker:

Royal navneleg: Det bliver en Ingrid - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland

Last edited:
Sophie and Louise are good suggestions.
They are common and pretty popular in DK as well, even though the pronounciation is different. (The e in end is very audible).
Cecilie is pretty common as well.
Francoise is a pretty name, but I don't think it will be her first name.

Here are the odds from a bookmaker:

Royal navneleg: Det bliver en Ingrid - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland

Coming from the expert Muhler that means a lot! I just went back through the female ancestors of Queen Margrethe and picked Louise and Sophie as they were quite common as first or middle names but also are still in use today. I agree that Francoise might not be a first name but I expect it to be a middle name as it is the maternal grandmothers name. Cecilie is also an ancestors name

It's a girl - therefore the gender poll is closed now!

65.49% voted for a girl and were right with that! :flowers:

The name guessing can be continued, as the baby's name won't be revealed until the christening..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom