Italian Noble and Princely Families 3: Dec. 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MAfan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
N/A
Country
Italy
149px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_Kingdom_of_Italy_%281890%29.svg.png

Arms of the Kingdom of Italy

Welcome to the thread Italian Noble and Princely Families, Part 3

Commencing December 29th, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the link defaults to Spanish, just right click over the page and select Translate:

Ana Maria Luisa, the last Medici who saved the heritage of Florence

"(How) The last Grand Princess of the Medici managed to protect a history of centuries through the written word...

...On February 18, 1743, Anna Maria Luisa de' Medici, the last heiress of a house that ruled Florence and Tuscany for just under 300 years, died in the Pitti Palace. The dynasty ended with the Grand Princess, but thanks to her the artistic legacy that they had accumulated in their palaces for generations could be preserved until today, despite wars and dynastic disputes..."

Her father Cosimo III attempted to alter the male only succession to allow Princess Anna Maria Luisa succeed him but ever changing objections from Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor thwarted his plans.

Her father Cosimo III attempted to alter the male only succession to allow Princess Anna Maria Luisa succeed him but ever changing objections from Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor thwarted his plans.
The same sneaky Karl VI who then made sure to secure Tuscany for his son-in-law, the future Emperor Franz I.

The same sneaky Karl VI who then made sure to secure Tuscany for his son-in-law, the future Emperor Franz I.

Gian Gastone de' Medici, Grand Duke of Tuscany was the last Medici Grand Duke and died in 1737 ,his sister outlived him by 6 years.
In 1745 Francis Stephen of Lorraine was elected Holy Roman Emperor!

Prince Domenico and Princess Martine Orsini attended an exhibition of Ira of Fürstenberg's collection of art objects in Gstaad, Switzerland:

** Pic ** pdv article **

Princess Rita Boncompagni Ludovisi has been kicked out of Villa Aurora in Rome as a judge ruled in favor of her three stepsons in a dispute about the inheritance. The late prince has decided that Rita was able to stay in the villa until her death. The sons disputed the will, claimed that they were still owed money and that the villa showed signs of overdue maintenance.

https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=41...s=edge..69i57j0l8.462j0j1&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=HCTS

Princess Rita Boncompagni Ludovisi has been kicked out of Villa Aurora in Rome as a judge ruled in favor of her three stepsons in a dispute about the inheritance. The late prince has decided that Rita was able to stay in the villa until her death. The sons disputed the will, claimed that they were still owed money and that the villa showed signs of overdue maintenance.

https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=41...s=edge..69i57j0l8.462j0j1&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=HCTS
Yes that happened. They never liked her at all. They saw her as a gold-digger and social climber.

Members of nobility in Ben-Hur

Hello

Is there anyone here who knows more about the members of Italian aristocracy who were background actors for a banquet scene in BEN-HUR circa August 1958? Brothers Emanuele and Edmondo Ruspoli reportedly were in this scene. In most sources it is claimed that it was Emanuele and Raimondo, but in one source the name of the 2nd person was Edmondo, which I think is correct.

Hello

Is there anyone here who knows more about the members of Italian aristocracy who were background actors for a banquet scene in BEN-HUR circa August 1958? Brothers Emanuele and Edmondo Ruspoli reportedly were in this scene. In most sources it is claimed that it was Emanuele and Raimondo, but in one source the name of the 2nd person was Edmondo, which I think is correct.

Hi Christoffer and welcome to the forums on your second post. :flowers:

Re background actors, I ran a search to get the names of the ones that participated in the movie besides the major names. The closest source to get the names is the Internet Movie Data Base (IMDB):
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052618/fullcredits

I'm afraid you will have to ran a one-by-one look up to see which ones are related to the Italian aristocracy. Fortunately, most on the long list have hyperlinks to open.
And you are right, seems the movie had aristocrats galore popping up everywhere, this one got my attention: Prince Hohenlohe
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6002175/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t66

But doesn't specify which one (male) in the family had the walk-on since these princely titles are shared with the family besides the actual title holder.

As a side note + trivia to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohenlohe family mentioned on Ben-Hur's long credits, one current major member of that family is Spain's Victoria von Hohenlohe-Langenburg. From her Spanish Medinaceli side also descends from the direct cadet line of the House of Burgundy that controlled Castille, and before that Northern Italy and even the Kingdom of Italy. The House of Burgundy was deposed by their own side illegitimate cadet branch, the House Trastamara, and the rest is history.

Just imagine had the House of Castille-Burgundy, that once controlled Italy (and I'm spinning it back to the thread!) Victoria could have been the potential Queen of my old home, Spain, right now.

Last edited:
Prince Giacomo Massimo attended the WSJ "Style & Design" celebration during the Milan Design Week at Palazzo Trivulzio Brivio Sforza in Milan, Italy, yesterday, April 16:

** Pic **

Back
Top Bottom