Interracial Royal Couples

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that we are mixing up races with cultures!! the topic was interracial, i dont think Diana and charles dont count and the list as well does count!!!

Prince Of Wales Is Not Greek, His Father Was Born In Greece But Thats Where It Ends. Late Diana Is Also Scottish And Irish.(most Scots, Irish,and Welsh Don't Like To Be Lumped With The English, Unless They Are)

I don't mean to knit-pick, but actually, Prince Charles is half Greek. Prince Philip is Greek (father's side) and his mother, I believe, was German in ancestry.

I would count Joachim and Alexandra to be an interracial couple. Though she's 3/4 European, she looks more Asian.

Roshanah said:
please could you refrain from using the derrogatory phrased, COLOURED lady and use the term Lady/Woman of Coulour? Message from a Woman of Colour.:p ;) :)
good point Roshanah

i don't know why people don't just say the colour i mean aren't we ALL 'coloured'? :p ...hehe i mean white and black are colours - well that's what i've always been taught :rolleyes:

How can PC be half greek, when his father is danish? :confused: Philip was born in Greece and I say again that is where it ends. Prince Philip's mother was a desendent of Queen Victoria. But he is related to the greek royals. He also gave up his greek citizenship and would probleby throw a royal fit if anyone said he was greek. ;)
Her majesty is half scottish, and german. The queen and philip are cousins, either second or third. They are both decedents of Queen Victoria.
Therefore there is no way Prince Charles can be half greek!:)

See the British Monarchy, the official website of the British Royal family.

Last edited:
I apologize. These royal family trees are so hard to follow.

Philip's grandfather, George I, was born Danish, but became King of Greece.

Philip's father, Andrew, was Prince of Greece and Denmark who is 1/2 Russian

Philip, who is 1/2 Battenburg, 1/4 Danish, and 1/4 Russian, was born in Greece.

Again, I apologize. I was mislead by the fact that Philip's grandfather was the King of Greece and he was born there.

He's Greek by birth and through the family's rule, but not in ancestry.

Last edited:
DELETED BY ME

Last edited:
Ferocious Wombats

galuhcandrakirana said:
I think it is better to get emus as a nickname than wombat:p, the fat and lazy looking but it is a quite cute Australian native animal (in my opinion)....:rolleyes:
Wombat? Fat and cute maybe, but a very determined digger of very large holes and burrows, with claws that could easily disembowel you. Be warned!

Warren said:
Wombat? Fat and cute maybe, but a very determined digger of very large holes and burrows, with claws that could easily disembowel you. Be warned!
Upsss..I really don't know that, the cute thing can be nasty:eek:.

Warren said:
HH the Maharaja (or King) Palden Thondup Namgyal of Sikkim married in 1963 Hope Cook, who was American (born in San Francisco). They were divorced in 1978/9.
Sikkim was incorporated into the Indian state in 1975. Indira Gandhi was no friend of traditional rulers, even in nominally independent neighbouring states.

Warren, you seems to know much about the last sikkim kingdom. I tried to find photo of the last queen of Sikkim without any luck. I just find article with the last king and queen photo which is not very clear picture.... http://www.sikkiminfo.net/palden_thondup_namgyal.htm
I found an article with King' photo but without photo of the Queen. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16024639%255E33975,00.html
if you have a better picture of the last queen of Sikkim kingdom, it will be good to post here to show the race differences beetween them...(or anybody can help?) thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If you're interested, she wrote an autobiography in the 1980s titled "Time Change". You may be able to find it at your local library. She currently resides in New York and, IIRC, gives tours of historic New York sites. Her daughter was/is involved with charitable /betterment programs to do with Sikkim.

Sean. ~

galuhcandrakirana said:
Upsss..I really don't know that, the cute thing can be nasty:eek:.

Warren, you seems to know much about the last sikkim kingdom. I tried to find photo of the last queen of Sikkim without any luck. I just find article with the last king and queen photo which is not very clear picture.... http://www.sikkiminfo.net/palden_thondup_namgyal.htm
I found an article with King' photo but without photo of the Queen. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16024639%255E33975,00.html
if you have a better picture of the last queen of Sikkim kingdom, it will be good to post here to show the race differences beetween them...(or anybody can help?) thanks in advance.

Idriel said:
A Kiwi is a New-Zealand native. I believe Maori does not design the Kiwi people but rather the language they speak and to a larger extend their culture.

So I would say her husband is Kiwi.

If memory serves (from my Mauri Language and Culture teachings from my former New Zealand Teacher) she said she was Mauri and that her Native Language is also known by the same name. He he he I just remembered my favourite word in Mauri, Kakariki which means Green!:) So if One were to go by what my former Mauri Teacher said, One can assume that it is also safe to call Natives of New Zealand including their Mother Tongue, Mauri.:)

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I don't mean to knit-pick, but actually, Prince Charles is half Greek. Prince Philip is Greek (father's side) and his mother, I believe, was German in ancestry.

I would count Joachim and Alexandra to be an interracial couple. Though she's 3/4 European, she looks more Asian.

QEII is that and Danish too!:)

hillary_nugent said:
good point Roshanah

i don't know why people don't just say the colour i mean aren't we ALL 'coloured'? :p ...hehe i mean white and black are colours - well that's what i've always been taught :rolleyes:

Same here!:)

According to the Royal Encyclopedia(editors Ronald Allison and Sarah Riddell), Prince Philip is of Danish, German, and Russian descent. His family name is the Danish Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg.

susan alicia said:
if your ancestors came with the mayflower to america you are sure to have a bit of american indian blood.

I don't see what one has to do with the other. I am a descendant of WIlliam Brewster of the Mayflower and of Native AMerican ancestry but for me the NA part goes back 3 and 4 generations and one did not have to do with the other. Perhaps the probability is higher since the family has been here longer but no more than any other immigrant.

Sean.~ said:
If you're interested, she wrote an autobiography in the 1980s titled "Time Change". You may be able to find it at your local library. She currently resides in New York and, IIRC, gives tours of historic New York sites. Her daughter was/is involved with charitable /betterment programs to do with Sikkim.

Sean. ~
Thanks for the info sean.~, I'll tryto have a look it in library near by.

Sean.~ said:
You're confusing race with nationality. These are not interracial marriages. Angela Brown and Prince Maximillian of Lichtenstien -- now that *is* an interracial marriage.

The marraige of George VI and Elizabeth was inter racial as the Scots and English are different races. The Scots are Celts and the English Germanic.

With regards to Sikkim, Hope Cooke was not married to the last king of Sikkim. Her husband was overthrown by India and died in exile but his son is now king and lives in the royal palace in the capital, Gangtok. He is not recognised by India but to the Sikkimese he is their king and treat him as such.

Iain said:
The marraige of George VI and Elizabeth was inter racial as the Scots and English are different races. The Scots are Celts and the English Germanic.

They were both white. Their union does not represent an interracial marriage.

Last edited:
sommone said:
Iain said:

They were both white. Their union does not represent an interracial marriage.

I agree, it wasn't interracial. King George V and Queen Mary would have none of that!

prince rainer's mother was an illigetimate daughter from north africa, who was brought to monaco and declared legitimate

reading back to some of the posts i think many here are confusing race and culture as one. there not.

Roshanah said:
Queen Elizabeth II to Prince Phillip of Greece

Crown Prince FRederik of Denmark to Crown Princess Mary who is Scottish though raised in Australasia.

King George V of England to Queen Mary of Denmark

King George VI to Queen Elizabeth of Scotland

Crown Prince Hamzah who is Half Jordanian, quarter Lebanese, part swedish and Irish woo hoo to Crown Princess Noor who is part Jordanian and Persian.

King Jouan-Carlos of Spain to Queen Sofia of Greece

Prince Ali of Jordan to Princess Rym of Algeria

Prince Hassan of Jordan to Princess Sarvath of Pakistan

Prince Renier of Monaco to Princess Grace of the USA

I at present can't think of anymore :)

These are intercultural. They have nothing to do with interracial marriages. Princes Phillip and Queen Elizabeth are distant counsins. Most of the marriages you list are between caucasians.

Has GD Henri and GD Maria Theresa been mentioned? What about CP Maxima and CP Willem? Could they be considered interracial marriages?

The marriage between CP Maxima and CP Willem is not an example of interracial marriage. It is an example of inter-cultural marrige. It is also the same for GD Henri and Maria Theresa (I think). Interracial marriage is a marriage between two people of different races. An Asian man marries a European caucasian woman is an example of interracial marriage.

lashinka2002 said:

They are not interracial. Both are members of the caucasian group that is the one that has people as varied as germans to indians (from India).

Here is something to clarify the term race a little better

and for something more interesting, try Scientific American's article Does Race Exist?

Last edited:
Toledo, as always, thank you for your intelligent opinions on TRF;) :)

wanderer said:
It is also the same for GD Henri and Maria Theresa (I think).
She is a born cuban. So yes they qualify I'd say. Plus: Josephine- Charlotte liked to call her daughter- in- law La Negrita. :eek: Not very charming!

Is it just a rumour?

Ms Griffin said:
She is a born cuban. So yes they qualify I'd say. Plus: Josephine- Charlotte liked to call her daughter- in- law La Negrita. :eek: Not very charming!

What!! Can some1 please xplain why Josephine-Charlotte never liked her daughter in law. I have heard this mentioned several times but it never gets explaines. Someone help me out please!!! Do they get along now?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Lil princess lost said:
Do they get along now?:confused: :confused: :confused:
Well, you do know JC died a year ago, right?? Anyway, she treated all her daughters- in- laws (who she thought of as taking her 'lil boys away) badly. But when maybe 4 years ago she spread rumors that Henri cheated on Maria Teresa, it was too much for MT and after a get-together with journalists she broke down and told them. Of course the journalists didn't keep quite back then. Rumors are/ were the two women made up - at least a bit - before JC's death.

Lil princess lost said:
What!! Can some1 please xplain why Josephine-Charlotte never liked her daughter in law. I have heard this mentioned several times but it never gets explaines. Someone help me out please!!! Do they get along now?:confused: :confused: :confused:

JC was old-school royalty and always wanted equal marriages for her children, specially for Henri (the heir back then) and then he appeared with a latinamerican woman, imagine the raging fit she had:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom