Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 1: November 2005 - February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When, oh when will we see our cutie again?:) Do you know when Felipe will be home after his activities in South America? I just thought that they could travel with the baby to Covadonga on January the 30th (Felipe's birthday) the same as they did 2 years ago after their engagement.

One of the interesting things is that every gift is associated with the particular culture or history of the place or group making the gift.
I have to say that, for those who do not read or speak spanish, what I really enjoy on articles coming from Spain is the attention to detail I find in these descrpitions, especially when they involve items related to the clothing or garment and fabrics (telas) industry. Hola magazine is one of the most descriptive and enjoyable to read when the articles are related to what they wear, what gifts they were given etc. Not a single needle work is left behind without a precise story of the material is made of, the origins, etc.

That's one of the things I miss the most that we don't get in the spanish magazines in the USA, were I live, or the english language ones. The rich descriptions of the gifts given to Leonor we read in the above article.

I believe it's great that Leonor is receiving such "typical" gifts from the different provinces of Spain, it's like they are already recognizing her as their future Queen; besides, when Leonor is older, she would be able to apreciate the meaning of those gifts and will be much more in touch with the different subcultures and the deep historical tradition of Spain

Has someone read something on Leonor's next acts? I want to see them in Covadonga (for the Princess it will be very special and exciting) and in the Basilíca de Atocha. They took the Prince Felipe to Atocha with 6 months, let's hope that they are not late so much.:D

lula said:
Has someone read something on Leonor's next acts? I want to see them in Covadonga (for the Princess it will be very special and exciting) and in the Basilíca de Atocha. They took the Prince Felipe to Atocha with 6 months, let's hope that they are not late so much.
According to this article, the visit to the shriving of Covadonga would take place a few weeks after the baptism... so I suppose we won't wait too much.

What do you think that will be first, visit to Covadonga (becausea it is related with the title of Princess of Asturias and Letizias family) or Virgen de Atocha?

I read somewhere that the Casa Real will try that Infanta Leonor appears, at least, once every month.

I read somewhere that they will waiting for better weather for going to Covadonga. Also, Casa Real will try that Infanta Leonor appears in public, at least, once every month.

:) The little Princess was barely born the other day and she is already working in official acts! I'm sure everyone will want to see her when she goes on tour through the Kingdom.

fanletizia said:
What do you think that will be first, visit to Covadonga (becausea it is related with the title of Princess of Asturias and Letizias family) or Virgen de Atocha?

I read somewhere that the Casa Real will try that Infanta Leonor appears, at least, once every month.

It will depend on how they organize.

It is traditional that the Royal Family present to the Infantes before the Virgin of Atocha, mistress of Spanish Monarchy, is a tradition that there initiated the Queen Isabel II.

The visit to Covadonga is slightly new. The Princes are Princes of Asturias, there there is traditionally the origin of the Spanish Monarchy and Letizia is from Asturias, so it is a visit loaded with symbolism. But it is not some kind of tradition, though it is necessary to bear in mind that decades or centuries ago the trip to Asturias from Madrid was an odyssey.
Besides, the last visit to Covadonga was very special. Though neither the Princes nor the press never said it, who was following that act it realized what happened. The Princes wanted to celebrate the birthday of the Prince together with the grandparents of the Princess. The grandfather of the Princess was devout of the Virgin, one month before there had been detected to him a cancer of lung (it was not official but joining information and seeing photos it was coming near to this conclusion) and the Princess confessed the journalists that she had asked the Virgin for her grandfather.
I believe that about that occasion they were thinking that maybe the grandfather could not come to the wedding. He could come to the wedding of his granddaughter, but he died one year later, rightly when the Princes knew from that Leonor was coming in way. Because of it I believe that besides historical and institutional, this act goes to be very emotive, especially for the Princess.

February 22 is the day of Holy Leonor, probably be useful this day for someone of the visits.;)

i know it's a repeated subject but just found this article in "infanta" forum of el semanal digital which i translated with an online engine. here it is. they go on talking about those problems in the labour being truth and leonor being born with respiratory problems, that was what delayed the press conference of felipe. they also mentioned that as they had 3 other emergency solutions nothing happened. it's good to remark that it's not angela portero or garcia pelayo who say it this time but another journalist.

don't know why but i'm starting to believe this... :s

EL SEMANAL DIGITAL
(translation may have gramatical, lexical errors as it's not a professional one)
http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/44906.asp

Three months later: the truth on the labor of Mrs Letizia
Mar Yuste
The Infant Leonor was born with respiratory problems that put in tension the labor.
Al to seem Ángela Portero and Paloma Garcia Pelayo did not walk so astray in their book on Leonor of Bourbon and yes that there were some problems in the famous labor.
January 24, 2006. A lot of has speculated on this theme; and more still, has been erased to Ángela and to Garcia Pelayo of manipulating; and even they have had that to hear some that another pleasant much less description..
To it a supposed letter has been added that them would have sent directly the royal household to be complained of the information that these two acquaintances journalists, and tertulianas of the world of the heart, they had given in exclusive. In that missive, whose existence desmitió then Portero, they told them thus: "You are free to write what quieran. But, please, they be more exact in the data that include in the books".
And all it by a writing in which Portero and Garcia Pelayo spoke on the primogénita of the Princes of Asturias. Under the title Leonor: the unexpected princess, these women took advantage of the news of the complications in the labor of Mrs Letizia to obtain that its text were of the most sought.
In fact, some they erased them of opportunists, to manipulate some data and to invent something that really had not passed to give him, thus, publicity to that book and to obtain that were success of sales.
Shortly after a new publication appeared, Leonor, has born a queen, written by the Blacksmith Snows journalist and by the historiadora Almudena of Arteaga.
Evidently, and although the comparisons are odious, these were given among both books. Above all when they were many the ones that ran to open the pages to see what said Snows on the labor of Leonor and thus to contrast it with what put in the other book. But the journalist clarified that did not want to enter that type of polemics.
The truth of what happened
The book of Ángela and of Garcia Pelayo affirmed that the labor was very complicated and that the life of the Princess of Asturias was in danger. And something of reason they had the journalists with this news.
Elsemanaldigital com has been able to know, not all went well that night in the Clinical one Ruber International of Madrid. Sources very close to this hospital have confirmed us that, really, lived itself a situation of risk in the labor of Mrs Letizia, but the danger lived it the small one and not the mother.
Al to seem, the medical equipment that attended in those moments to the Princess lived a very difficult situation, and of a lot of tension, due to the respiratory problems with the ones that was born the small one Leonor.
The Clinical Ruber had open three ways of emergency -problems for the mother, for the baby or for the two- by if some of the three situations described was produced. Therefore they could recover quickly al baby, since had the systems of warning activated.
Something it was known already of the danger that they could live Mrs Letizia or Mrs Leonor? Therefore the date of the labor with advance had been set? Why, but, so much silence on the part of the royal household? Exactly, in these complications would situate the reason of the delay of the Prince Felipe in appearing before the mass media after the labor.

carlota said:
i know it's a repeated subject but just found this article in "infanta" forum of el semanal digital which i translated with an online engine. here it is. they go on talking about those problems in the labour being truth and leonor being born with respiratory problems, that was what delayed the press conference of felipe. they also mentioned that as they had 3 other emergency solutions nothing happened. it's good to remark that it's not angela portero or garcia pelayo who say it this time but another journalist.

don't know why but i'm starting to believe this... :s

EL SEMANAL DIGITAL
(translation may have gramatical, lexical errors as it's not a professional one)
http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/44906.asp

Elsemanaldigital, is not a trustworthy source, they become of many rumors that are false and the news that appear in programs of very little seriousness (like Aqui hay Tomate). In an occasion already they had to deny something about the Princes that they had published, because it was false, had removed it from a forum of Internet and was lie.

The only thing that does in following the rumors that peculiarly began the others but contradicting what they said. Also there are versions that say all the opposite, . This is something with which controversies would not be due to create, it is too serious, but always it must have people without scruples. A Caesarean one is an operation and how any operation is not free of risks but we are in century XXI and Letizia alongside had a medical equipment only for her.

This controversy only looks for to make damage and to make business... because only the important thing is that mother and daughter are well, and the others are absurd speculations. Just as it is absurd, that these personages are sent to medical sources, because if somebody were speaking he would be committing a crime.

yeah, unless you have the medical reports or something confirmed by Zarzuela, everything else is a lie:mad:

crisiñaki said:
yeah, unless you have the medical reports or something confirmed by Zarzuela, everything else is a lie:mad:

And evidently the medical documents do not exist, nor the medical information that they say to have some. First because the doctors cannot keep awake it, they would commit a crime. Second, because to the Princess and her daughter a certain group of doctors and nurses only had access. And the third, because Ruber Clinic, is a deprived clinic, through which it passes much people important; all their employees sign a confidentiality contract and if they fail to fulfill it they are without work and who knows more that.
Therefore everything is quite absurd speculations. In addition, each one gives a different possibility... is incredible, nor tell the same version. I repeat to deal with the health of a girl isn´t decency... all person has right to the privacy, and the health is the plus intimate of a person and something in which nobody has right in order to speak of it.:mad:

I hope that the journalists respect to Leonor, she is a girl and she must right to have a calm and happy childhood.:D

Infant Leonor will shine slopes of gold, brilliants and olivita gift of Yaiza by her baptism

Infant Leonor will exhibit the slope game made by a White, South Beach goldsmith of Lanzarote, as flattery of the City council of Yaiza by the birth and real baptism of the daughter of Princes de Asturias

Now, the first edile of Yaiza, has received a missive letter of the Zarzuela, with the companies of the Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, where the affectionate congratulation and splendid flatteries indicate "we thank for many that made us arrive at the Mareta in name of the Municipal Corporation of Yaiza, its neighbors and his own one in the occasion of the birth of our daughter, Infant Doña Leonor".

http://www.lavozdelanzarote.com/article.php3?id_article=5205

A school for Infanta Leonor

The school of Infantile and Primary Education of Montecar , inaugurated month of September the past, it will receive the name of Infanta Leonor if it prospers the proposal that will elevate the Meeting of Fuencarral the Brown to the City council of Madrid in the Plenary session of February.
The name of Infant Leonor has been proposed by the direction of the center and approved by the Scholastic Council, although the Association of Mothers and Parents of Students did not agree in the denomination

http://www.gacetaslocales.com/noticia.asp?ref=3362

When, oh when will we see Leonor again?:eek: It's a month since her christening! I've read somewhere that the Royal Family decided to show Leonor publically every month. So... it's a time! Pleeease, I miss her!:D

LaChicaMadrilena said:
When, oh when will we see Leonor again?:eek: It's a month since her christening! I've read somewhere that the Royal Family decided to show Leonor publically every month. So... it's a time! Pleeease, I miss her!:D

every month ? hmm... that would be a little bit too much for photo session, isn't it? it's probably good to see the development of the little infant, but i don't think it will be a monthly event. even the other little prince/princesses (elisabeth, ingrid, amalia, etc) are not shown that often. ;)

the next time we see her probably when the Princes of Asturias bring her to Covadonga, right? or probably we'll have to wait until easter holiday? :confused:

purple_platinum said:
every month ? hmm... that would be a little bit too much for photo session, isn't it? it's probably good to see the development of the little infant, but i don't think it will be a monthly event. even the other little prince/princesses (elisabeth, ingrid, amalia, etc) are not shown that often. ;)

the next time we see her probably when the Princes of Asturias bring her to Covadonga, right? or probably we'll have to wait until easter holiday? :confused:

Some journalist commented that, that so that they did not bother with the subject of the girl approximately every month to them of would let see with her, although it does not have because to be exactly a session of photos, it can be some exit to some site. Neither for Covadonga nor for Atocha there is date still...;)

from revista semana

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia204.htm
infanta leonor went with parents to letizia's dentist. apparently letizia went to juan carlos pereda studio, where she is treated with something to "make their teeth better and more beautiful". they also say that she is apparently doing that since the engagement with felipe. here is the article in spanish from semana, and a little photo.

Letizia visita al dentista La Princesa de Asturias acudió a una clínica de Madrid junto a su marido y la infanta Leonor.

La Princesa de Asturias ha visitado la consulta del doctor Juan Claudio Pereda, un ortodoncista de reconocido prestigio.
Letizia acudió a la clínica, ubicada en el madrileño barrio de Salamanca, junto a su marido, el príncipe Felipe, y su hija, la pequeña Leonor, que ya ha cumplido tres meses de vida. Al parecer, la Princesa se somete a una mejora y embellecimiento de su dentadura, algo que estaría haciendo desde que se dio a conocer su compromiso con el Príncipe.
Letizia, que vestía un abrigo verde y llevaba unas grandes gafas de sol, lucía una permanente y generosa sonrisa.

they are sooo sweet:)))

Last edited by a moderator:
Pity we can't see the baby better!:eek: And isn't it horrible that you can't even go to the dentist without being photographed by paparazzi?
Btw., it'sinteresting where they spent St. Valentine's day...:D:eek::D

Last edited:
That guy even goes to the dentist with her?
He's the sweetest thing:) :) :) :)

Yeah, i don´t think is very common to go to the dentist with your baby and husband,maybe they were going to visit Letizia´s family after it or something:) .

Too bad we can not see the baby:(, i really want to see little Leonor a again.

The City council of Jaén baptizes a theater with the name of Infanta Leonor

Infanta Leonor already has theater. The princes of Asturias are authorized the City council of Jaén to baptize with the name of their first-born the new scenic space that is constructed in the city Andalusian. The corporation that the mayor presides over, Miguel Sanchez of the Palace, did not make a gift anyone to the Princes in the occasion of the birth of the girl since its present was indeed the decision to baptize with the name of the infant the new theater.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060216/51233664819.html

carlota said:
from revista semana

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia204.htm
infanta leonor went with parents to letizia's dentist. apparently letizia went to juan carlos pereda studio, where she is treated with something to "make their teeth better and more beautiful".
It's probably teeth whittening. They do it with a laser now. I knew her teeth looked very white, I'm glad she does it, I think all princesses should do it, with how much they smile in pictures it would be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my God, Leonor seems to be adored for many people!

pictures scanned from Diez minutos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom