Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarin Announce Separation; Jan. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which is why the wording of the separation announcement was so peculiar. It was was though there was rhe possibility of a reconciliation.

"Interrupt” seems to be a typical translation into English in a few languages for formal announcement where English would normally use “stop” or “cease”.

No, it sounded weird in Spanish too. Like they may pick it up again. Iñaki's lawyer, who is a blabbermouth, confirmed that he and someone close to Cristina had written the statement and that those close to them (him included) were hoping for their reconciliation, that he didn't think It was permanent and that he had no orders to prepare a divorce filing.

He has to earn money somehow ... the new GF looks a lot like Cristina!

She does indeed look like Cristina, but then most people have a 'type':whistling:

Those look like paparazzi pics so I doubt he is making money from this.

Anyway he looks happier and content these days. Good for him-- life is too short.

To me those photos look like arranged for the magazine, it's on the front page after all.

Am I the only one to think she looks very much like Christina ?

According to this article, Iñaki and Cristina are currently in the process of doing the paper work / arranging the details of their divorce. It will probably be done in Switzerland (Iñaki was seen visiting his wife and daughter in September). Cristina is expected to receive custody over Irene as she will continue living with her mother - and Iñaki is expected to sign some confidentiality agreement so he will not be allowed to spill the beans on the family.

Cristina has nothing personal against Iñaki's new girlfriend - her problem is with Iñaki's infidelity (disloyalty). Nonetheless, they aim for an amicable divorce.

Inaki's relationship with Cristina ended the way it began...with betrayal.

I loved Inaki/Cristina, but I also remember Carmen Cami.:ermm:

I assume the source is reliable? At least something is actually happening and they aren't just going to continue in girlfriend limbo.

I still wonder if her relationship with Felipe will improve — but then he isn't extremely close to Elena, either, is he?

:previous: This is the same source that published the pictures of Iñaki with his maitresse, so it seems they have sources very close to at least Iñaki.

They are right to officialize things, and not to stay in separation limbo.

Hopefully Cristina and Inaki can both be happy moving on with their lives. From what we’ve seen of the four children, they can be very proud of the family they raised together. But other than their role as parents, they now seem to be two very different people in terms of personality, priorities, interests, etc. Ending a marriage is always hard, but it does give them both the freedom to live the life they actually want.

I read in Bunte that the divorce will be finalized in the summer after Irene's 18th birthday since its much cheaper as no minor has to be considered in any financial agreement.

I noticed yesterday that Infanta Cristina did not appear to be wearing her wedding ring!

I was wondering if there would be divorce news in the New Year!

So, the trip in which Iñaki went to see his son play handball was most likely the same that included them signing their divorce papers. Always sad when a marriage ends like this... I especially hope that Cristina found her footing again. She seemed quite devastated two years ago.

According to El Pais, Cristina keeps their house in Bidart but Iñaki may use it as well if he is spending time with his children. It further mentions that Iñaki will not receive alimony nor pension from Cristina.

Irene turned 18 last year, so there are no custody issues involved.

Of course, Pablo was the first one the pink press was able to find (when he arrived at his training sessions)... He only said he was fine and did not comment any further ("I've nothing to say, thank you").

Last edited:
It's always sad when this happens, many years ago they were a very popular couple in Spain. The only marriage of the Spanish royal family that survived was that of Felipe and Letizia....
The Spanish Royal Family must be the royal family with the most divorces on par with the British...

Here is the (quite detailed) exclusive from Hola which the other articles are discussing.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/202...ki-urdangarin-firman-divorcio-secreto-claves/

The couple contemplated divorcing in Geneva for privacy reasons, but in the end chose to divorce in Barcelona via a procedure which was only legalized in 2015.

Infanta Cristina intends to remain single whereas Iñaki Urdangarin intends to marry his girlfriend.

The article also summarizes their children's current professional and educational pursuits.

Back
Top Bottom