HSH Prince Albert Current Events 23 : July 2007 - Sept.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see pictures of that Albert taking her plate and putting his plate in front her wild he eating her food. What expression would she have on her face. '' priceless''

I would love to see pictures of that Albert taking her plate and putting his plate in front her wild he eating her food. What expression would she have on her face. '' priceless''

Sorry, my English is far from being perfect, but the lady, who was dining with Prince Albert was Licia Balzan, not Charlene.

Arrange marriage?

I don't believe that I said anything about an arranged marriage? Otherwise I might have used those exact words to mean it! If partnering with Charlene and being seen in public with her repeatedly somehow enhances the flow of South African money into Monaco, then he is performing a public relations and international relations act in doing so. My comment was merely that when Rainier married Grace, his "political people" had discussed with him the merits in choosing a particular type of celebrity in order to increase the cash flow and tourist base to Monaco, and from a particular country. And this was greatly accomplished by the marriage to Grace (Marilyn Monroe did not work out!). So why is it that Prince Albert would not be able to find, in searching for love, a person from a country he could expand trade or tourism with? And if South Africa is his country of choice, then hats off to him!

Charlene, by the way, MUST have some redeeming qualities and there is, as in all royal families a LARGE part of "appearing at things" as part of the public relations and advertising for the very seat of loyalty to remain. A royal family seen to NOT participate with its people would be a bit doomed, wouldn't you say? So, let him be seen in Monaco and let's imagine that as his ambassadors are out representing him elsewhere, he has officers doing the same for him at his home base too. He is, after all, a prince and does not need to be anywhere he does not wish to be! He can have someone else there for him, whatever the task! He gets to decide what is important for himself to attend.

Do we all REALLY KNOW everything that goes on in his office? The press can only print what they know and they do not know everything. PA could be working on a lot of things to enhance the future of Monaco, and I am sure he is as his future depends on the country remaining successful. He is presently reclaiming more land from the Sea and extending the land barriers of Monaco to build more housing and cultural venues.

And trying to NOT be a workaholic and spend time with his family and date ... aiming to find his life partner ... this is part of him seeking balance .. and it's good to see a head of state do so!

I say he is plenty busy! :eek:)

R.

It has been a quiet week in Monaco after the Bal de la Croix Rouge and the reason is because HSH is in the United States. So far, he and "his group", whether this includes Charlene or not, I don't know, have been in Omaha, Nebraska and Dallas on his way to San Antonio, Texas. Hopefully, some photos will pop up of his visit. I also read that he is visiting every state of the union. That sounds like a very long trip. I'll keep you posted.

The President of France Nicolas Sarkozy and his group are also spending their holidays in the U.S.A. They are in New Hampshire I think.
I did not know that Prince Albert and his group were also headed to the U.S. for the holidays. It looks fashionable for the European leaders to spend their time off across the Atlantic.
Quoting from above link:

The ruler of Monaco arrived quietly in Dallas last Thursday onboard a private jet. He and his group checked into several suites at Hotel ZaZa. Thursday evening, Prince Albert communed in the ZaZa lounge with Dallasite and lifelong friend Rainey Fogiel and her restaurateur husband, Aron, as well as Rainey's brother and Albert's close friend, Mike Powers, and ZaZa owner Charlie Givens.
On Friday, the princely jet was off and Albert II was on his way to a ranch outside San Antonio.

Last edited:
Do anybody know if Albert own real estate in U.S.

The President of France Nicolas Sarkozy and his group are also spending their holidays in the U.S.A. They are in New Hampshire I think.
I did not know that Prince Albert and his group were also headed to the U.S. for the holidays. It looks fashionable for the European leaders to spend their time off across the Atlantic.
It's not because it is fashionable, it is because the average person on the street will not recognize them. That way they can lead for a brief time a normal life. Obviously Sarkozy has been bothered by journalists, but then again being on holidays close to were the American president is on holidays generates some publicity, especialy when you remember the differences between the US and France. But for Albert it is easy to disappear in the crowd, especially if people don't expect him to be there: put him in shorts, shirt and baseball hat with sunglasses and no one would recognize him. His only give away are his French speaking bodyguards :D

Bodyguards are perhaps speaking French with south (Marseille)accent...:D:D

I don't think Albert owns any real estate in TX but it has been reported that he likes it there and goes to "play cowboy" and relax for a while.

If Prince Albert's views on global issues would have him look at all places as different rooms within the same house, he would lean towards inviting, perhaps as happened with his mother, people in from the countries which possess great intellectual, environmental, cultural, economic and spiritual wealth into Monaco by default of sharing some of the same goals with them.

In Asia, where Monaco has only an interest in the Philippines simply through AMADE and hardly any other avenue, they might consider that Asians tend to re-use and re-cycle in a most natural way and have done so for centuries. Their environmental partnering might help heal the world faster?

Canada has one of the largest English-French speaking populations, same red and white national colours!, and a similar sypathetic heart to restore the Earth and heal the wounded economies for the poor. They also tend towards GREENer existence and not depleting natural resources despite being in bilateral agreements with the United States.

He needs to concentrate on expanding foreign policy in order to increase the natural cash flow to Monaco and invite pools of visitors and money who have otherwise not made a natural course of spending their time, money or interests in Monaco! Canadians, Thais, Indians, Burmese, Colombians, etc ...

Perhaps he should consider marrying a first generation Canadian who comes from a country he would like to develop bilateral trade agreements with? (Something like his father did, pulling in wealthy Americans and Europeans with Grace's background!) Chances are she would be well-educated and speak some French!?

Rosalee :eek:)
That lady who might have connections to the Laxshmi Mittals, the Ambanis and the Onassis families of tycoons has yet to turn up.I do not think SA has billionaires of this calibre to invest, exchange or do business with Monaco.How many times can you bring in Nelson Mandela for charity work for SA?You make a good point but I do not know if PA or anyone else are wise or shrewd enough to listen to this theory.I think he is headed for a love marriage the way things look right now. The lady would have to be reasonably attractive, cultured,linguistically gifted,and also be able to win over the heart of the Prince and vice versa.It would be ideal for Monaco and might turn out to be surprisingly ideal for Pa and he should check his options.

Prince Albert has been in Tupelo, Mississippi, visiting the birthplace of Elvis Presley. Locals have commented on how nice he is.

I don't think Albert owns any real estate in TX but it has been reported that he likes it there and goes to "play cowboy" and relax for a while.
I think it was reported years before that Albert owns ranch in Texas.
Still, no pictures of Albert, he is hiding really well.;)

The ranch is owned by a family friend. The only property I've heard of owned by the Grimaldi's in the States was an apartment in New York.

Last edited:
It seems that a person who made fun of Albert on his website, is currently being judged in Monaco. I think it is the same site that the Nouvel observateur referred to.

Texas

I think he must own some land in the USA, even near Ocean City. NJ. Surely his parents bought something during Grace's earlier years in Monaco? In any case, can anyone tell me what his fascination with Texas is or has been as he seems to end up there over and over again.

Did he do anything else in Tennessee besides see Elvis' place? Is he an Elvis fan?

Where is he off to next?

R.

The family of Lynn Wyatt lives in Texas and the Grimaldi's have been very close to them, hence the frequent trips to that state. I'm almost certain that the Grimaldi's do not own any property in Ocean City, NJ nor at any southern New Jersey beach resort. In fact, the Kelly family no longer owns the Ocean City, NJ property featured in so many family pictures.

I think he must own some land in the USA, even near Ocean City. NJ. Surely his parents bought something during Grace's earlier years in Monaco? In any case, can anyone tell me what his fascination with Texas is or has been as he seems to end up there over and over again.

Did he do anything else in Tennessee besides see Elvis' place? Is he an Elvis fan?

Where is he off to next?

R.

It seems that Albert is back from Holidays. He assisted yesterday with Caroline and her husband a concert in the palace court by Renee Fleming. Charlene is not mentioned as having assisted.

Where is he off to next?

R.

He must be an Elvis fan to go to Tupelo. I don't think there is anything else there.;) They say he has a very varied taste is music. He likes most kinds so it wouldn't surprise me if Elvis is one of them.
BTW Tupelo is in Mississippi not Tennessee.

Yes he is. There is a song if asked he will sing that was Elvis'. I also heard he dated Lisa Marie.

I don't think so, he dated Lisa Marie but who know.

Does anyone know whether Albert attended todays funeral of Mgr Lustiger? Sarko came back specificly to return for dinner with Bush. Albert was here yesterday, so theoretically he could have attended...

I know he sent a letter of condoliances...it is on the government site....

YEs, I know it was in yesterdays paper. But did he go to the funeral as well?

PA also stopped over in Hawaii :flowers:

And when Paul Klink, a former ad exec (and chairman-emeritus of KLiNK Inc.), was brunching at Hoku's at the Kahala Resort with friends Sunday, he found himself surrounded by celebs: the aforementioned Gandolfini, who chatted about his MySpace profile, and Prince Albert of Monaco, who was curious about a puzzle box Klink's son Leo, 12, brought back from a World Cup of Soccer event in Japan, where he scored a tie-breaking goal to win the tournament for his age group. ...

Hy's and Hoku's are Tony Soprano's latest hits - The Honolulu Advertiser - Hawaii's Newspaper

Well, I think he sould try to hook up with Angelina Jolie once she is done with Brad Pitt. She loves to travel in high speed. How is that supposed to be enjoyment and relaxing? Reminds me a bit of a candle burning at both ends. Last time a Royal gave me that impression, it was Diana especially during her last summer. We know how that ended.

All this hopping between time zones, late nights, eating late on official occasions, that can't be healthy. And he doesn't do sports as he used to so I think he better watch his health.

What a Wonderful World- a Great Fun Life.

And what an ego booster--lots of forum discussing and adulating and adoring (along with the criticisms of course,which add up to deep interest)And his pick of the glamourous young women of the world.

I honestly don't see how he manages to keep his head straight at all. I think he does great considering the golden pathway of life he has and had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom