Holmenkollen Ski Jumping - all years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's actually the last time that the old Holmenkollen is being jumped in, in a competition, if I remember right. They're starting renovations, and expansions soon to meet the demands from the ski-jump federation.
Yes, exactly.

Actually they will break down the whole ski-jump and build a completely new one. A more... let's say "professional" one. ;)

So, there will be no Ski-Jumping Competition next year. We will have to wait until 2010 to see the Royal Family at the brandnew Holmenkollen-jump again. :rolleyes:
There also won't be any Country-Cross or Biathlon competitions at the Holmenkollen next year.

Watermark-free pics:

Tok farvel med Holmenkollen - bt.no

Kongelig Kollen-farvel - kvinnheringen.no

Last edited:
Thank´s!

Ingrid is so cute! I´d like see too Marius.

Love Mette-Marit's and Ingrid's braids. Both looked very cute. I wonder why Marius and Magnus weren't there, though. Maybe Marius was with his father, or they were sick, or something.

Why aren't they going to have one of these next year?

Lovely picures. Nice to see the Danish Queen here as well. It's always great to see Princes Ingrid Alexandra. She looks so sweet with her braids, and I noticed she is wearing traditional sami shoes. I liked the pictures of her with her grandfather the King. :angel:

i also love the plaits. MM looks superb! is she wearing make up? her face looks perfect.

Where was Prince Sverre Magnus?
Magnus and Marius didn't attend. I have no idea why. Maybe Marius spent time with his father.
And maybe it was too cold for Magnus... it was really windy and really not the best weather. Many Norwegians stayed at home (it wasn't as crowded in the ski-stadium either... )

Ingrid looks so cute!!!!!!! :wub: Thank you all for the pictures and articles. What a lovely family! Too bad the 2 boys are not present. :neutral:

Suddenly, I'm craving for waffles......... :ROFLMAO:

This year there will be a ski jumping competition at the Holmenkollen jump again.
The jumping competition will take place on march 14th.

Great news!
I'd like to see the stadium renovared and the whole family gathered together :flowers:

will haakon and mette-marit go to holmenkollen this year or will they be in malaysia?

The Calendar says:
14.03.2010 Holmenkollen
Their Majesties The King and Queen, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon, Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner attend World Cup Nordic, Holmenkollen (10:00).
So MM won't attend this year's Holmenkollen ski jumping.
It will be the first competition at the new Holmenkollen jump. In 2009 there was no competition at he Homenkollen due to the renovations.

Btw, in this article it says that King Olav once jumped down the Holmenkollen jump. Does anyone know more about this?

Last edited:
King Harald with Marit Bjorgen, who won the women's 30 km free technique cross-country at the World Cup event in Holmenkollen, on Saturday 13th March.
ANP Beeldbank
King Harald with Petter Northug, who won the men's 50 km cross country free technique during the World Cup event in Holmenkollen, on Saturday.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Delighted to see all these pix, I hope there will be more especially of Ingrid Alexandra !

:previous: The competition is still on. There were a few shorter interruptions due to changing wind conditions. Usually most pictures come up after the competition ended. :flowers:

Picture

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom