Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see any other Windsor kids other than Cambridges. As long as the parents are ok with the limelight, they couple has plenty of kids they are very close to.

I'm not even sure George and Charlotte will make the cut .That's a very public spectacle and William's page boy antics are still shown every time a wedding is coming up . I could see them trying to avoid a similar situation for George

I would love to see Charlotte and Mia in the wedding party.

LaRae

I can see George being a pageboy. William was a very rumbunctious child of only just four years of age at the York wedding. George will be five a couple of months after this May wedding of Uncle Harry's and seems to be a very different kid to what his father was at the same age.

With regard to bridesmaids, while it would be nice to see a whole group of Windsor littlies as attendants I wouldn't want to see the same situation as occurred at Kate's wedding, where all the attendants, bar Pippa, came from the groom's side of the family

Last edited:
I'm not even sure George and Charlotte will make the cut .That's a very public spectacle and William's page boy antics are still shown every time a wedding is coming up . I could see them trying to avoid a similar situation for George

I have zero doubt George and Charlotte will be in the wedding. I don't even think that is a question.

Meghan hardly wears bright colors though. All you have to do is look at her [now defunct] Instagram and see she was very much into neutral colors. I am glad she sticking to her style and not suddenly dressing differently. She is out working and doesn't want to take away despite the fact they will focus on her outfit anyways. I think once she is official and she is dressing in gowns and such she will start including more brightness but overall I think she has established her working attire.

Lindsay moved to London when she married. I think her husband is British and the wedding was in London, IIRC. I know she had been staying there prior to the wedding and talked about moving there. So when Meghan was traveling back and forth in the early days of dating she at least had someone else in town.

Her husband is indeed British, he is an actuary with Earnst and Young in their London office. But the couple married in NY. If they live in the UK, they spend a lot of time in NY, as a lot of her Instagram is in NY.

I can see George being a pageboy. William was a very rumbunctious child of only just four years of age at the York wedding. George will be five a couple of months after this May wedding of Uncle Harry and seems to be a very different kid to what his father was at the same age.

With regard to bridesmaids, while it would be nice to see a whole group of Windsor littlies as attendants I wouldn't want to see the same situation as occurred at Kate's wedding, where all the attendants, bar Pippa, came from the groom's side of the family

I actually see Charlotte more then George. Though I think we will see both likely. Charlotte seems to be more confident and outgoing then her brother. George seems a bit nervous in the public eye. Aunt Pippa's wedding would have been a much smaller scale then this is.

But I agree, I hope we see a balanced bridal party, maybe 3/3 for both sides.

Her husband is indeed British, he is an actuary with Earnst and Young in their London office. But the couple married in NY. If they live in the UK, they spend a lot of time in NY, as a lot of her Instagram is in NY.

Per her IG it seems they do split their time between NY and London. Though she hasn't posted in a long time which I would guess it due to having the baby.

There are stories out that Meghan wants to have an American style reception after the one Charles's reception, one that serves greasy food like burgers and fries. One, Meghan is a foodie and a yoga devote so any food served would be tasty, healthy and the best of American cuisine. Some American wedding receptions can look like backyard barbeques and tailgate parties (having a cookout in the stadium parking lot before an American football game), but that choice of fare is chosen due to cost and a concern the bulk of the guests would not want nothing fancy. Meghan's crowd seems like those with sophisticated palates.

Meghan has said that she loves French fries and they're one of her favorite indulgences. Even foodies like informal finger food sometimes. ? Who knows if the story is true but if it's a late night reception after midnight, I think fries could make that menu.

The 'nice' reception will be the one right after the wedding....the evening reception is going to be the party ..lot more relaxed and I could see them doing a bunch of 'finger foods' and comfort foods ...so far all the foods I've seen talked about are eaten in the U.K. too.

LaRae

Do you think that Prince Harry and Meghan will dance to a waltz at their wedding reception?

Uh..doesn't really seem like their type of music.

LaRae

Recently confirmed by Croatian winery, Vineteke will be serving their Iločkipodrumi Traminac wine at the RoyalWedding! This wine was also served at the coronation of QueenElizabeth.

Recently confirmed by Croatian winery, Vinoteka will be serving their Iločki podrumi Traminac wine at the Royal Wedding! This wine was also served at the coronation of Queen Elizabeth.

I believe the same wine was served at William and Kate’s wedding reception as well.
I’m guessing Charles likes it, since it was also served at the State Dinner when he and Camilla were in Croatia in 2016.

Meghan has said that she loves French fries and they're one of her favorite indulgences. Even foodies like informal finger food sometimes. ? Who knows if the story is true but if it's a late night reception after midnight, I think fries could make that menu.

Its quite common for there to be a lat night "snack" at wedding evening parties now, usually around 11 or midnight- bacon sandwiches, fish and chips etc. I could easily see them having some American food for that.

I believe the same wine was served at William and Kate’s wedding reception as well.
I’m guessing Charles likes it, since it was also served at the State Dinner when he and Camilla were in Croatia in 2016.

Wonder if it was served at all the other royal weddings....seems like a family wine.

LaRae

There are stories out that Meghan wants to have an American style reception after the one Charles's reception, one that serves greasy food like burgers and fries. One, Meghan is a foodie and a yoga devote so any food served would be tasty, healthy and the best of American cuisine. Some American wedding receptions can look like backyard barbeques and tailgate parties (having a cookout in the stadium parking lot before an American football game), but that choice of fare is chosen due to cost and a concern the bulk of the guests would not want nothing fancy. Meghan's crowd seems like those with sophisticated palates.

Just because she is a yoga lover, doesn't mean she doesn't indulge from time to time. Its quite popular with these type of weddings to have a late night meal (which is popular in the US too). Kate and William had bacon sandwiches for their guests. After the dinner hosted by Charles (and of course the earlier reception by the queen) a night club had been set up for the evening, with music and drinks. Something similar is not that unthinkable for Harry and Meghan. Perhaps instead of bacon sandwiches, they will do fish tacos or something Californian.

Do you think that the pageboys in the wedding procession will have hats or not?

Hats are anathema to little kids. Ever see one that could keep a hat on for the duration? It becomes something for the kid to play with when he gets bored or something that is constantly askew on the head or even an instrument of torture for the kid next to him as he smacks the kid in the face with it.

So, no, I think hats are pretty much out of the question for little ones. :D

Fail will never admit if wrong. They will just claim they 'turned down the invite' if they don't show up :whistling:

Drives me nuts they drag Camilla and Diana into this. Comparing Camilla being in the audience at Diana's wedding. Give credit to Meghan being more mature, but still :bang: Obvious insinuation there, that old loves may not be dead. :sad:

No mention of William who had exes at his.

The U.K. tabloids do a weird thing, I noticed. From what I’ve learned based on behaviors of aristocracy society and what’s been discussed here is that it’s pretty typical for those people to remain friends and even be invited to each other’s wedding after breaking up. So why the big deal when it happens? It’s so odd to make such a big deal of it if it’s common and not a big deal.

The U.K. tabloids do a weird thing, I noticed. From what I’ve learned based on behaviors of aristocracy society and what’s been discussed here is that it’s pretty typical for those people to remain friends and even be invited to each other’s wedding after breaking up. So why the big deal when it happens? It’s so odd to make such a big deal of it if it’s common and not a big deal.

Yes, because the aristocratic exes tend to move in the same social circles, before they got together. So instead of dumping friends as well as ex, they just continue to socialize. If the person who you are marrying doesn't care if your ex attends, why should anyone else?

The only question is Harry still friends with them? Attending the odd event at the same time is not any sign.

One thing about tabloids is that they thrive on animosity between people. Therefore, if a couple break up, there's got to be some juicy stories behind it or some kind of antagonism between an old flame and a new flame. Its what they look for, focus on and try and get us to believe.

No wonder they thrive on picking on Sarah and Andrew for everything else, there's no juicy tidbits to come out of their split. :lol:

A lot of couples break up romantically and realize they're better suited as friends. I won't be surprised at all to see both Chelsy and Cressida attending the wedding at all.

The invitations haven’t gone out yet. They will soon though.

I saw the Fail story and they have to drag Camilla and Diana into this. If anyone is getting slagged is Chelsey and Cressida. If they show up, they are auditioning to be future mistresses; their wedding dates/boyfriends will be tagged as future cuckolds. If they don't show up they are bitter for not being able to seal the deal. Nice going DM.

Last edited:
I’d be surprised if Cress and Chelsy aren’t there. Exes at upper class weddings are a fairly common occurrence plus the social circle is relatively small.

Catherine’s boyfriend at St Andrews, before William, was Rupert Finch. Mr Finch is married to Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs, who’s father is a good friend of Prince Charles. Lady Natasha is a friend of both William and Catherine’s.

Rupert Finch and Lady Natasha were at the royal wedding.

I can very much see Chelsy there. Cressida is a 50/50 chance. I don't really see the issue. Things are done differently with that social circle. He stayed friends with Chelsy and we know that to be true. Cressida... that is up for debate.

Do I expect Meghan's exes there? No.

I’d be surprised if Cress and Chelsy aren’t there. Exes at upper class weddings are a fairly common occurrence plus the social circle is relatively small.

Catherine’s boyfriend at St Andrews, before William, was Rupert Finch. Mr Finch is married to Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs, who’s father is a good friend of Prince Charles. Lady Natasha is a friend of both William and Catherine’s.

Rupert Finch and Lady Natasha were at the royal wedding.

Well if you stopped at Rupert was Kate's ex and he was at the wedding you'd have a point.

But as you pointed out Rupert is married to Lady Natasha who is a good friend of William. And her father is a good friend of Charles. This being evidence of a long relationship before and after the wedding.

As far as we know, other then attending the same events in London at times, Harry has no continued connection with either. Chelsy a bit after they broke up but that was in their on/off relationship. Like Cambridge wedding.

Not saying the girls wont attend-simply that exes attending is usually based on some continued friendship. We will have to see if they have one, if they attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom