General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can blame Janina. Her work being edited without her approval and some trashy media made a big fuss of it without any fact checking. That's what she has to do as a professional.

And things would not be complicated if Daily Fail can be a bit more rigorous and serious to their contents. Maybe just confirm the material is the official released one before making an article? But well it's Daily Fail, what can we expect.

Awwww, if that's true, I'm so sorry for her - she probably feels terrible causing this whole thing. Something innocent turning into a huge mess... Though it's hard for me to believe the tabloids picked the doctored photo on accident, really :whistling:

What is a bit worrying, I really thought the Sussexes' group of friends finally stopped publicly jumping into their defence, but it's apparently still a thing. I don't understand how can they not see it's not helping at all. Not to mention causing more misery to an innocent girl, who probably feels bad enough without it.

Is Janina really getting the blame here for correcting facts about a picture she took? So she was supposed to let a perfectly cute picture she took, then was edited without her knowledge and approval, and used as another way to trash her friend, and she wasnt supposed to correct that info? Janina wasnt the reason the girl who photoshopped the picture got whatever backlash. Why on earth are Meghan's friends supposed to let that one just be used as another way to attack Meghan. I don't get this logic at all. And on this case Janina using her own platform to call out these articles did help. The photoshopped picture has been pulled out of circulation and the tabmiuds have deleted or corrected their articles.

Harry & Meghan are said to be staying on Vancouver Island. However, they could have been in other parts of Canada before traveling to Vancouver. I think Meghan has fond memories of Vancouver from the time when she filmed the Hallmark movies there (Dater's Handbook, and When Sparks Fly).

https://vancouversun.com/news/local...ily-celebrating-christmas-on-vancouver-island

It's kind of interesting that the lady who reported spotting the Sussexes said she wished H&M to enjoy their stay and their privacy. But how will that happen after she has publicly revealed the area where they are staying!?

I don’t believe this woman at all. Her story is all over the place. I think it’s just a publicity stunt for her lodge.

Is Janina really getting the blame here for correcting facts about a picture she took? So she was supposed to let a perfectly cute picture she took, then was edited without her knowledge and approval, and used as another way to trash her friend, and she wasnt supposed to correct that info? Janina wasnt the reason the girl who photoshopped the picture got whatever backlash. Why on earth are Meghan's friends supposed to let that one just be used as another way to attack Meghan. I don't get this logic at all. And on this case Janina using her own platform to call out these articles did help. The photoshopped picture has been pulled out of circulation and the tabmiuds have deleted or corrected their articles.

She isn't to blame but it didn't help. I mean who generally cared? Photos are altered all the time. Black and white to colour and reverse. Perspective fixed. Filters used. In a quote from HM speech itself. Little continuous steps, not big gestures, lead to healing. The toxicity of H and M and media will only heal when they refuse to engage and make healthy changes to their actions and mind set. The press are never going to change. And if you only knew what a laughing stock, joke, bit of fun the DM is you would see it doesn't matter and no one actually believes them anyway.

She isn't to blame but it didn't help. I mean who generally cared? Photos are altered all the time. Black and white to colour and reverse. Perspective fixed. Filters used. In a quote from HM speech itself. Little continuous steps, not big gestures, lead to healing. The toxicity of H and M and media will only heal when they refuse to engage and make healthy changes to their actions and mind set. The press are never going to change. And if you only knew what a laughing stock, joke, bit of fun the DM is you would see it doesn't matter and no one actually believes them anyway.

Janina clearly cared. It was a picture taken by her, and used to trash her friend. It also spread online fast. By her tweet it was completely stopped.

As for "It's only daily Mail". Many more supposedly reputable news outlets uses dailymail as their source. Many daily mail articles are reprinted by other outlets, international publications and shows quote daily mail. So it's not just daily mail.

I simply don't get why Meghan and Harry, and their friends, just have to sit down and have lies spread out about them. Also it's not only.meghan and Harry, their friends get maligned as well. Why on earth do they have to sit quiet and let it go on?

Janina clearly cared. It was a picture taken by her, and used to trash her friend. It also spread online fast. By her tweet it was completely stopped.

As for "It's only daily Mail". Many more supposedly reputable news outlets uses dailymail as their source. Many daily mail articles are reprinted by other outlets, international publications and shows quote daily mail. So it's not just daily mail.

I simply don't get why Meghan and Harry, and their friends, just have to sit down and have lies spread out about them. Also it's not only.meghan and Harry, their friends get maligned as well. Why on earth do they have to sit quiet and let it go on?

Agreed. Harry & Meghan are human beings and should be treated as such, they aren't puppets in some sinister play the media is trying to write. Besides no one should have to just put up with bullying of any sort and especially this level of bullying.

Because, in the long run, it never helps. It's playing right into the media's intentions - it prolongs (or, in worst cases, creates) a story, that now instead of 1 awful article consists of 10. For the media it's a game and they continue playing it, hoping they'll win, instead of removing themselves from the narrative :ermm:

I'm not saying they shouldn't do anything about it, just that there are other ways than posts on social media or talking with the journalist.

And honestly, that's my final word in this discussion. It was talked to death why they shouldn't do that, so I'm not going to explain this in detail.

Because, in the long run, it never helps. It's playing right into the media's intentions - it prolongs (or, in worst cases, creates) a story, that now instead of 1 awful article consists of 10. For the media it's a game and they continue playing it, hoping they'll win, instead of removing themselves from the narrative :ermm:

I'm not saying they shouldn't do anything about it, just that there are other ways than posts on social media or talking with the journalist.

And honestly, that's my final word in this discussion. It was talked to death why they shouldn't do that, so I'm not going to explain this in detail.

This. Couldn't agree more and actually I agree. There is no point addressing this over and over. It actually is as simple as different sensibilities between USA and England and rules of engagements with the press...which I turn is a different best, which in turn calls for different behaviour. But they are living in the UK, so American sensibilities do not help when dealing with them.

If you are going to take my work and use it as a weapon, I will call it out. Good on Janina. And clearly AP felt the same or they wouldn’t have killed it. They knew they were in the wrong.

Nah being quiet about it makes it worse and makes it acceptable because there are no consequences. The Sussexes dealt with it quietly for over a year (2.5 if you count the dating and engagement period) and the bullying got worse to the point that Meghan's friends spoke out because they were concerned about her health and the health of her unborn child.

I don't see how Janina speaking made it worse. She spoke up and set the record straight and the news outlets cried uncle and acknowledged their wrong doings. She did the right thing.

Janina tweeting about her copyrighted picture stopped the story completely. AP sent out a notification to not use the picture.

The media will create a story about freeking air freshener, Meghan and Harry's friends correcting a story neither prolongs nor creates a story. The media would create a story regardless.

Let’s see, because tabloid media and internet trolls are out to destroy them?

Exactly. The Sussexes are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It seems to have calmed down a lot more now they have a settled family, but I seem to remember the Cambridges were also subjected to petty criticism/comments like this in their first couple of years of marriage.

It's 'calmed down' (somewhat) since the Sussexes' statement that they were suing. As a longtime Harry follower I kept a lookout for the coverage. There was negativity from October 2016 when the story broke about Harry and Meghan dating, but it reached a peak of three to four negative online stories DAILY from October 2018, when they returned from the Pacific tour, to the tour of SA.

That period encompassed most of Meghan's pregnancy and Archie's birth (when there was another peak.) During those months (almost a year) neither of them said anything. That multiple daily storm of mostly baseless criticism is something I've never seen be inflicted on any other Royal. And social media trolls added to it.

Last edited:
Let’s hope next year will be much more better than this year. God, I’m hoping.

Let’s please not go down the road of comparing royals and debating which one has been treated better/worse by the media. Any further discussion on this will be deleted.

Last edited:
I have became really confused 're the Christmas photograph, could I check the facts rather than opinions.
1. The photograph was sent electronically to their charities/ organisations as a Christmas greeting.

2. One of these organisations 're issued it.

3. A private individual then edited/ changed it in some way to put on Twitter.

4. This edited version was picked up by the newspapers.

Am I right in thinking that the original was never officially issued to the press. They took it from social media.

Did it appear on the sussex Instagram.?

I have became really confused 're the Christmas photograph, could I check the facts rather than opinions.
1. The photograph was sent electronically to their charities/ organisations as a Christmas greeting.

2. One of these organisations 're issued it.

3. A private individual then edited/ changed it in some way to put on Twitter.

4. This edited version was picked up by the newspapers.

Am I right in thinking that the original was never officially issued to the press. They took it from social media.

Did it appear on the sussex Instagram.?

That is the correct scenario. The newspapers by passed the copy the organization issued because the altered version could help them write a negative story about Meghan. When they were called out for using the wrong photo by the public and the photographer they back-tracked and most took it down but the damage had already been done.

The picture was not posted on the Sussex instagram.

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't make mistakes with the media...the toxicity of the media came out when it was noted they were first dating....implying that Meghan was from the ghetto because she was 1/2 black. Meghan has always been kind to the media... they (some RRs) even noted that she is one the few that would acknowledge them.

That is the correct scenario. The newspapers by passed the copy the organization issued because the altered version could help them write a negative story about Meghan. When they were called out for using the wrong photo by the public and the photographer they back-tracked and most took it down but the damage had already been done.

The picture was not posted on the Sussex instagram.

With all due respect , you have offered an opinion, I would like to check the facts.
Are the facts that the newspapers took the altered photograph from Twitter. The reason for that can only be an opinion on your part.
So if it wasn't officially issued why did the AP become involved. Or have I said it myself, it wasn't an official photograph so should not have been published.

With all due respect , you have offered an opinion, I would like to check the facts.
Are the facts that the newspapers took the altered photograph from Twitter. The reason for that can only be an opinion on your part.
So if it wasn't officially issued why did the AP become involved. Or have I said it myself, it wasn't an official photograph so should not have been published.

Most things on here are pretty much opinion. I tried hard to focus on the information presented and make logical opinions. If you look at the facts, thousands of twitter users were able to use the photo from the QCT tweet which was the original post. That is based on retweets and likes and sites that used the correct photo. For some reason some in the British media with many more resources than most twitter users didn't use the original one which they also had access to just like everyone else on twitter. Instead they used a photoshopped one from a fan account and immediately used it to write a negative story about Meghan. Why is that?

I don't know why the PA (AP) got involved my comments weren't about them. If I had to take an educated guess I would say they used a version from the negative media story. But they also had to back-track when they realized they didn't do an adequate investigation before using the photo.

You can go look at the Sussex instagram it isn't that hard, and see that they didn't post it. It isn't on their page nor any of the other BRF pages.

This is an observation, and I know some of you will come back at me on it..

If the photograph had been placed on the instagram page, or any RF website, or issued through AP, there would have been no reason to use any other version.

By only including organisations/ charities etc it suggests that they did not intend it to be issued to the wider public. But they surely would have realised one of them would forward it on. Would they not have retained more control of the photograph if it had been issued via the AP as well as sent to the organisations.

This has all became rather unfortunate.

This is an observation, and I know some of you will come back at me on it..

If the photograph had been placed on the instagram page, or any RF website, or issued through AP, there would have been no reason to use any other version.

By only including organisations/ charities etc it suggests that they did not intend it to be issued to the wider public. But they surely would have realised one of them would forward it on. Would they not have retained more control of the photograph if it had been issued via the AP as well as sent to the organisations.

This has all became rather unfortunate.

My thought is that H&M planned on using the original photo on their Instagram account closer to the actual date of Christmas. They did post a holiday greeting but it was words on a black background. This is what makes me think it was originally intended to use the photo.

The most important thing in all of this now is that the public is aware that there was an original sent out by H&M and a doctored version that circulated. Its been taken care of and the AP has pulled the doctored version. That's what really matters.

Off-topic comments have been deleted. As has the circular argument about the Sussexes and their relationship with the media.

Discussions about the media are once again overtaking the thread. It’s the same arguments repeated over and over and the constant focus on the media, is shutting out all other news and discussions. So going forward, please don’t turn every topic into a discussion about the Sussexes and the media/reporters.

Also, please don’t ignore the mod notes.

Last edited:
I very much wish this break could have been longer than 6 weeks. As someone who, sad to.say, has struggled in a work environment and had to take time off to reevaluate. The first six weeks barely scratched the surface and it took 3 months for me to be able to return in freelance/contractor sense. And then at 4 days a week. Although, I did a day here and there after two months. There is no replacement for your health and I wish them the best as they return to work now. I hope it is a phased return from them both to enable continued health. And also that they are mindful of the fact that to enable this continued change is needed and a continued construction of coping mechanisms.

They will return when they are ready. They have been away with close friends and hopefully are refreshed. You can only control what you can control. They closed out 2019 doing just that.

Looking forward to their return to work and to see what they have planned for 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom