Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Caroline seems too close to Charlotte to me. I could be wrong. But Charlotte seemingly already honors Carole and Charles.

Emma of Normandy also had two daughters named Gunhilda and Goda/Godgifu, but, just like Emma, they probably would not be used today.

William and Kate choose royal names, but ones that are also popular/fashionable. That would certainly rule out anything like Gunhilda. But Emma certainly is right along the lines of 'royal but fashionable' names. That said, its not Hanoverian/Georgian enough for them.

Emma was married to a Anglo-Saxon and a Dane, hence the interesting names of her children and stepchildren. She also had a son Harthnacut, but I doubt that would be considered (her other sons Edward and Alfred, and her stepsons Edmund and Harold are slightly more popular but other then Edward, unlikely).

I wonder if they will not only continue the Hannoverian followed by 2 family names. But also the Consonant, Vowel, consonant pattern as well. I hope not, as quite like Alice as a first name but if they do:

Princess Helena Alice Valerie

Prince Frederick Arthur Philip

Prince

Okay, people are laying down their 'bets'. ;) This could be fun. State your final calls and then we'll see who gets it right! ?

I am calling a boy and hoping for a Prince Alexander. However, I am wondering if they will sneak in a Prince Jack (John). :cool: Based on William's 'slip'. I'd go with most anything, like Prince Paul, except please no Prince Arthur. :sad:

On the chance it's a girl my preference is Princess Alexandra, but I am thinking it will likely be Princess Mary (that would be sweet) or Princess Alice.

Also I called by mid-April. She's overdue, so this week. :flowers:

Still holding out for David or Phillip....or if a girl, Alice or Mary.

LaRae

Alexander is a cute name....but please no. We don't need a George Alexander and a Alexander....

I am kind of hoping for my birthday April 24. Or mom's, April 27 :flowers: But just happy little one gets a birthday all of own (not the queen's and hopefully wont run into May for Charlotte's).

My dream names:

Princess Alice Valerie Mary

or

Prince Philip Michael Peter

what I have a feeling we will see

Princess Mary Alice Victoria

or

Prince Arthur Philip Michael

Though if does shock us and come tomorrow, William would be a fitting middle name. Not just for dad, but born on the bard's birthday.

Last edited:
I suspect William and Catherine didn't chose George and Charlotte because they prefer Hanoverian names. George was probably named in honor of the Queen's father and grandfather who just happened to have a Hanoverian name. Ditto for Charlotte, a name they probably selected because they liked it and it was suitably royal.

The Queen gave her oldest two children Stuart names but not the younger two.

Thomas and Amelia have both been royal names in the UK, Amelia is even a Georgian/Hannoverian name which would be right up Cambridge's alley. Emily isn't, but Emma is the name of the queen consort of 2 kings of the England, mother of 2 and stepmother of 2.

Was there an Emily in Princess Diana's Spencer ancestresses?

Of course they did, it is both, in honor of his great grandfather King George VI who is also named after his ancestors from the House of Hanover, King Georges I-IV. Same for Charlotte, Queen Consorts of Hanoverian Kings.

Yes, one of her great-great-grandmothers was Louisa Emily Charlotte Bulteel (known as Emily), wife of Edward Baring 1st Baron Revelstoke.

Of course they did, it is both, in honor of his great grandfather King George VI who is also named after his ancestors from the House of Hanover, King Georges I-IV. Same for Charlotte, Queen Consorts of Hanoverian Kings.

Yes, but that doesn't mean they chose them solely because they were Hanoverian names. As I stated, the Queen named her oldest two children Charles and Anne, both Stuart names, but not the younger two.

I suspect they chose traditionally royal names either because they like them or because they want to honor a particular royal.

William has a cousin Emily, Sarah's eldest.

Besides that, a great-great grandmother on her father's side, who supposedly went by her middle name. The woman was Albert Spencer (7th earl's) maternal grandmother. Albert's younger sister Lavina had it as a middle name.

Yes, but that doesn't mean they chose them solely because they were Hanoverian names. As I stated, the Queen named her oldest two children Charles and Anne, both Stuart names, but not the younger two.

I suspect they chose traditionally royal names either because they like them or because they want to honor a particular royal.

Correct, it is not the "sole" reason but it is my method of analyzing and following patterns to make predictions, which is what this entire thread is about.

Yes, they chose "traditional" royal names which originated in the House of Hanover.

For some reason, I'm honing in on Amelia versus Alice if this baby is a princess, and either Leopold or Frederick if it's a prince.

My final guesses -

Amelia Mary Catherine
Leopold/Frederick Arthur Philip

I haven't made my prediction yet and it's last moment to do so.:lol:

I think it's a boy, however I'd love for them to have two Princesses.

Boy name: Arthur is my number one, however Albert or Leopold would also be nice.

Girl name: other than Charlotte I love Georgina (obviously it won't happen), Alix, Cecilia and Alexandrina. Victoria, Mary or Alice seem to be the most likely.

I'm hoping it's a girl and rooting for Alice (or Margot but that will never happen). Don't really care about the second and third name. Besides.. I'm just happy if I'll get this right...

Throwing in guesses at the last minute! I think it's a girl.

Name guess, since it's a boy...

Boy - Albert Philip Michael

Though I'd rather the name be Frederick. :flowers::flowers:

Last edited:
My final guess on the name of the newborn prince:

Louis David Philip

Does anyone remember how long we have waited from birth announcement to name announcement when George and Charlotte were born?

I think the baby will be named Philip Michael David.

However, I’d love to see him named something other than the usual boy choices (i.e. Albert or Arthur).

In my dream scenario: Thomas, Peter or Adrian.

My final guess on the name of the newborn prince:

Louis David Philip

Does anyone remember how long we have waited from birth announcement to name announcement when George and Charlotte were born?

Usually within a day or two after the birth. Eachntime, Catherine had left hospital before the names were announced

1st name: Arthur or Philip I guess.

Arthur, James, Philip, Richard, Victor, any three of them.

Last edited:
My final guess is going to be Prince Philip Michael William of Cambridge. :D

Bookie favorites are now Arthur, James and Albert

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom