Farah Daghistani (daughter of Princess Basma of Jordan), 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shy said:
Farah is KA 's cousin, Alia is the first from the right (next to her husband princ faisal), muna is the king's mother its only natural to see her there!
She's KA's cousin from Hussein's side, not his mother's side, but OK.

Bubbette said:
She's KA's cousin from Hussein's side, not his mother's side, but OK.
yeah but its only natural that the king's mother be present at the reception he's giving. Plus Basma was pretty close to her brother and had good relations with his wives, at least Noor and Muna i think.

there was talk when haya and mo married that what sealed the deal (so to speak) was that one of haya's friends/relatives recently married a rich guy from the gulf and haya was quite impressed with the friend/relative's recent heightened status (at least financially).

personally i don't think these marriages have anything to do politically with the husbands-the wives are too far removed from the power core of jordan.

i think both of these are all about the bling-bling. however farah looks considerably happier getting married to saud than haya did to mo. however saud had that same 'oh s**t' look on his face that mo had.

is farah a 2nd wife? haven't heard talk one way or another.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i said political grounds, i meant that JRF especially KA is looking for strong alliances ($$$$$$$$$) for his small weak country through marriages...

And yes Farak looked happy in the pics....

Well, at least I am sure that P. Badiya's is a love match !:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm happy for Badiya & Khaled. However if Farah is the daughter of Basma and Saud already married I should find it creepy. Because I know that P.Basma worked on eliminating polygamy but I guess Basma can't do much if her daughter really wanted to marry him.

Does anyone know for sure whether he's 'already' married?

The jordanian royal family might not be as rich as the gulf royal families but they are royals and muslim/arabs too. And I'm rather positive to the 'mixing' between these royal families (much better than inbreeding I think). And just because she happened to marry someone well-off need it not mean money was the 'crucial factor' for their alliance. On the other hand, love matches are virtually non-existant among the mid-east royal families or marriages out of love ALONE.

I remember hearing an arab man saying 'the hair that falls from your moustache will fall into the beard' (it sounded better the way he put it) or like we put it in the west "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree", meaning that if you marry off your daughter to a close relative or someone you know very well you can trust they will treat her well and whose values mesh with those instilled in your daughter but also that these women are expected to keep the peace during times of tribulations between different branches or tribes. It is my understanding that marriage is viewed as an alliance between two families rather than two people in this part of the world.

I know for sure, that it's very rare that princesses from the Gulf countries are married off to laymen and I don't see it changing.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
yeah but its only natural that the king's mother be present at the reception he's giving. Plus Basma was pretty close to her brother and had good relations with his wives, at least Noor and Muna i think.
Your mother would be present at a party you were giving? He probably gives 100s a year! If she were friendly with the couple, that would be something else.

Bubbette said:
Your mother would be present at a party you were giving? He probably gives 100s a year! If she were friendly with the couple, that would be something else.
yeah but this is a big wedding reception for a family member. And like I said, Basma's friendly with her brother's wives/ex-wives.

This thread has been completely converted to an ImageShack account now so that no images have been directly attached to the forum in an effort to conserve bandwidth.

It would be greatly appreciated if any newly-discovered images from this point forward would be hosted via a private image hosting account such as
Photobucket or Imageshack.

Please also review the images already posted and not re-post the exact same images over and over.

Please note that images which are attached directly to the forum are subject to removal by an Administrator or SuperModerator without notice to the member.

Thank you for your co-operation on this matter so that we can all continue to enjoy images of our favourite royals.

The TRF Team

can anyone repost the group photo at the wedding? Thanks...

psgimagecompingphp20.jpg~320x480

I found this picture

Back
Top Bottom