Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Windsor is preparing to welcome guests, visitors and well-wishers to celebrate the wedding of Princess Eugenie to Mr Jack Brooksbank.

Visitors will be able to view the short carriage procession along the route which will take the newly married Princess Eugenie and Mr Jack Brooksbank down Castle Hill, onto the High Street and Park Street and then back into Windsor Castle via Cambridge Gate.

Work is well underway to ensure the occasion is a memorable and joyous one for all involved and the council is working closely with a wide range of partners. To ensure that the day runs smoothly for all and for the comfort and safety of those wishing to attend a number of measures are being put in place, including:

Read more: Preparations begin for the royal wedding of Princess Eugenie and Mr Jack Brooksbank

This is the carriage ride route for the York wedding

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...nk-Royal-Wedding-Windsor-Plans-announced.html

It may be shorter than Harry and Meghan but the Long Walk is part of the route. People are still raging about the cost. And the compare and contrast visuals are going to be bad if the streets aren't packed for Eugenie and Jack. Now the press is making Eugenie out to be bridezilla.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.el...dding-than-meghan-markle-prince-harry-reason/

Stories like this and the cost debate is what putting a bad taste in people's mouth about the York wedding.

I was wondering,fter the wedding will Jack get a title like Princess Anne's husband(s) and Lord Snowdon?

When it's reported in the Fail it usually turns out to be imaginary 'family friends'.

Probably sounds better than what it really is "An anonymous internet user told..." or "The writer of the article came up with..." ;)

That said, i am looking forward to see some pics of the wedding and the weddingcouple or some footage, less than a month left to wait :flowers:

Last edited:
When it's reported in the Fail it usually turns out to be imaginary 'family friends'.

I though remember these sorts of things in the late 80s early 90s in the Mail - only we now know that the 'source' was Diana through her tame reporter Richard Kay.

Some are fiction but many aren't.

Well, if it was a family source then it was someone who knows nothing about BRF protocol. As per the article linked above, in what alternative universe did Eugenie 'have to wait' for Harry to marry first as he is before her in the succession? And if Eugenie and her parents really believe, as is stated in the article, that she 'deserves a wedding as big as her cousin's' then that says a lot about them, I would say.

BRF protocol is very clear - if two couples want to announce at about the same time the senior gets first dibs so if both couples were engaged at about the same time then Harry would announce first - as he did.

BRF protocol is very clear - if two couples want to announce at about the same time the senior gets first dibs so if both couples were engaged at about the same time then Harry would announce first - as he did.

Except is this case, Harry'ss engagement was announced in November 2017, and Eugenie and Jack were not engaged till the New Year whilst on holiday in the Carribean, and announced shortly thereafter. I don't believe protocol dictated the time of the announcements here, but if you believe there is information in the public domain to suggest so, happy to hear about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...nk-Royal-Wedding-Windsor-Plans-announced.html

It may be shorter than Harry and Meghan but the Long Walk is part of the route. People are still raging about the cost. And the compare and contrast visuals are going to be bad if the streets aren't packed for Eugenie and Jack. Now the press is making Eugenie out to be bridezilla.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.el...dding-than-meghan-markle-prince-harry-reason/

Stories like this and the cost debate is what putting a bad taste in people's mouth about the York wedding.

What we have to realize too is that the people ending up with a bad taste in their mouth are the ones that actually read the publications that strive to make mountains out of molehills. These "people" are not reflective of the general public as a whole in the UK or elsewhere.

The first question to ask oneself is "what kind of a publication is making these claims". ;)

Of course people will turn out. It Is a show. There aer always going to be people who want to see it... Just I suspect that there will be more Non Britiish interested than people from the UK...

Honestly, I wish Eugenie had eliminated that carriage ride from her wedding plans.
I think it has cost her a lot of public goodwill. It's simply not worth it, imo.

It may be shorter than Harry and Meghan but the Long Walk is part of the route. People are still raging about the cost. And the compare and contrast visuals are g
oing to be bad if the streets aren't packed for Eugenie and Jack. Now the press is making Eugenie out to be bridezilla.

That's the part after the gate, so nobody will be lining up there as nobody was allowed at that part at Harry and Meghan's ride either (see for example this picture). It's just the way they re-enter the castle grounds. So, it is really only 2 streets that people can go and watch (and that need to be screened by security). So, indeed a short carriage ride as a courtesy to the fans who didn't secure a spot on the castle grounds and still want to see the bridal couple in real life.

Who are these raging people? the Daily Mail commentators?

As far as Eugenie being a bridezilla, she is have a wedding that conforms to traditions in her family. Both articles have baiting headlines that are designed to get clicks and also in the case of the Daily Mail, to get commentators worked up.

There are always stories like this, and you can swap out "York wedding" for "Prince Harry's wedding," "royal weddings," "royal jubilees," "royal birthdays," and heck even go broader and swap out "the York wedding" for "the British Royal Family."

The whole day will be a success and I’m looking forward to it.

Honestly, I wish Eugenie had eliminated that carriage ride from her wedding plans.
I think it has cost her a lot of public goodwill. It's simply not worth it, imo.

I think so. There would have been no problem with it, if they had made it clear that they'd bear the cost of extra security. However, sicne she's not a working royal, I think she'll quietly slip back into a fairly private life after her marriage... so its not that big a deal.....

Didn't Peter Phillips have a carriage ride? I definitely remember that he and Autumn departed in a carriage.

Why are people so hateful? Really!!

Didn't Peter Phillips have a carriage ride? I definitely remember that he and Autumn departed in a carriage.

Why are people so hateful? Really!!

Yes but it wasn't through the streets. They simply left the church in a carriage to go to the reception at Frogmore House.

Yes but it wasn't through the streets. They simply left the church in a carriage to go to the reception at Frogmore House.

The point being that the carriage didn’t cross any streets in the town, but stayed inside the Windsor estate?

Last edited by a moderator:
The point being that the carriage didn’t cross any streets in the town, but stayed inside the Windsor estate?

Yes, just the way Harry drove to Frogmore from the castle on the evening of his wedding without leaving the confines of the estate.

Last edited by a moderator:

What public goodwill? And frankly what does it matter what it’s cost her? The situation doesn’t seemed to have affected anything in particular. If people dislike Eugenie for it, fine, why does that make a difference to the world?

The people who seem so outraged are the typical daily mail commenters who are outraged by everything. I doubt that minority is going to have a significant impact on anything.

Just out of curiosity - could one just take the horse drawn carriage out onto the streets of Windsor without special permission on any given day?

It's not at all controlled in my municipality, and we take advantage by having hay rides in the neighborhood in the fall. But we do avoid anything even close to a Main Street. And they are wonderful horses that are used to this kind of thing.

What popped into my mind, with your question, is that I definitely remember reading reports of Philip carriage driving through Windsor. I'm not sure if he had to clear it ahead of time or it was just something he could normally do but, to me, I don't think Philip would disrupt the town of Windsor in a carriage if it caused complications. He's got quite a bit of room to drive just on the private estate of Windsor Castle itself.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Phi...MKHZC6AhoQ9QEwCnoECAQQBA#imgrc=WMk-rVUCGjooXM:

I doubt if Eugenie or her father set the route for the carriage ride, it was probably done by the palace staffers who are responsible for event planning for the BRF. Time will tell if the correct call was made by the courtiers, but even if it was the wrong call was made I doubt if the BRF will be seriously damaged by this miscall.

What public goodwill? And frankly what does it matter what it’s cost her? The situation doesn’t seemed to have affected anything in particular. If people dislike Eugenie for it, fine, why does that make a difference to the world?

Eugenie and Jack had a lot of well-wishers in the beginning.

But now, every day I see articles (NOT all in the DM) about how much the wedding is costing and who is expected to pay.
It gives everything a negative slant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom