Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That photo is stunning.
Tatiana looked beautiful on that day.

in my opinion, Tatiana was one of the most elegant and beautiful of the wedding of Princess Victoria

Do you know - will Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden attend the wedding?

No guest list has been released yet, and probably won't be.
I can imagine them attending, due to Tatiana and Nikolaos attending theirs.

It is not the same for Tatiana than for the two Danish Princesses. Mary and Marie were going to live in Denmark and to have an active role.
Tatiana, even if she moves in Greece with Nikolaos, they are not going to have any role, only some social relations.

What if they are going to live and work in greece ?
Then she has to learn the laungage fore talking to/with the greeks in the city they migth be living in...

the truth is nicolas said they're thinking about moving to greece to live permanently. i don't know if they'll finally do this. there is another possibility for tatiana learning the language. maybe she wants to please nicolas and his family. it's not always about how much you will use a language. ;)

gregory

If i were in her shoes i wouldn't even bother learning Greek or moving here and i've expained the reason in other threads.Anyway i'm curious to see photos of the wedding,who will attend and the press's treatment while covering the event.

If i were in her shoes i wouldn't even bother learning Greek or moving here and i've expained the reason in other threads.Anyway i'm curious to see photos of the wedding,who will attend and the press's treatment while covering the event.

But what if she wants to move to Greece, just because it's a nice place and they've find a beautiful house?
What if it has nothing to do with them and the royal family. :ermm:

Yeah i know what you mean.I haven't read the interview that was mentioned above my message but to be honest i think that their life is settled in a great way already despite Greece being a very nice place to live.That's why i said ''if i were in her place''..If they will ever plan to move in Greece it would be good to learn the language,there's no doubt about that.

I don't know where they are living at the moment, presumably in London.
But if they should choose to move to Greece, then that's their choice and it might be good for Tatiana to learn the language.
However but people saying she should learn it just because she's marrying an ex Greek Prince, is silly.

Hhmm..I have a silly question.Where is Tatiana from? Is she American? Because to me the surname Blatnik seems very Slavic..:ermm:

She was raised in Switzerland and attended Washington DC university if i'm correct.

^I know,i was just wondering about her origin.Thanks for the reply though.;):flowers:

She was born in Venezuela 29 years ago, to a Slovenian father and a German mother, and is the granddaughter of Ellinka Countess von Einsiedel. She moved to Switzerland when she was three years old and was educated partly there and partly in the USA. She holds a degree in sociology from Georgetown University in Washington and returned to Switzerland to study public relations.
Trond Norén Isaksen: Tatiana Blatnik’s background

Thank Saint Google not me :p But you're welcome anyway. :flowers:

I suppose that the info is correct, as I do remember Beltraneja saying something about some of her grandmother being a countess, and more or less the rest of the sources I've read say the same about her.

yes, these information are correct, melibea. she said that in the interview for life & style magazine after the engagement. slovenian father and german mother. her father died when tatiana was 6 and after saying this, she refused to add something more, because she said the rest are private. so from that moment the truth is that i started suspecting something strange is going on with his story. ;) he left to his children a huge fortune, so maybe he didn't make that money very decently. i say maybe, that's only a thought, maybe he cheated some people and they assassinated him, who knows. but whatever the truth is, this girl is a diamond. very appropriate for nicolas, she's a lady.

gregory

Yes, i agree. She is really nice and seems appropiate for Nicholas. She also seems to be smart according to her studies. Hmmm... i always thought that she is from Denmark.
But it was proved i was wrong:innocent:

Tatiana Blatnik is of Venezuela and has family in Caracas. The surname is Slovenian and the father's family also, I read that the grandfather was a banker or business man related to banker. The grandfather lived in Switzerland. And Tatiana's father lived between Switzerland, Venezuela and Miami.
This last I have it very doubtful but could be, that part of his family were known in Yugoslavia because they were political??, I read it.

Is her father from Slovenia or Slovakia? Everyone there writes Slovenia but his first name sounds more slovakian or czech but maybe there are same names in Slovenia I donť know...

Her fathers family is from Slovenian.

yuour site is all in greek. I can't understand....

According to "Billed Bladet" both Frederik and Benedikte don´t attend the wedding. Freddy has another engagement that was made long before the wedding date was set and Benedikte obviously has to stay in Denmark as a "regent". Concerning Benedikte I find it a little sad since she is one of Niko´s mothers` two sisters. Mary therefore seems to attend by herself.
But I believe as long as there attend a lot of Queens Niko and Tati won´t really care....
Wonder whether Elizabeth II might really come since she is said to be on holiday until October. It´s IMO at least not absurd.

If this previous engagement of Frederiks is the summer youth oloympics then i'm sure he could miss 1 day out of the 12 day events.
Also this is going to be a small wedding, Queen Elizabeth is unlikely to travel to Greece for the wedding of Niko, if the wedding was in London, there may have been a chance.
Why do you think having lots of Queen there will out way the dissappointment that one of Niko's aunts and cousin will not a attend the wedding?

I do not wonder that the Prince Frederick will not be, nor even Prince Joachim. I really feel bad because I think Niukolaos has attended all the events of his cousin and has maintained a good friendship with him, which is obviously not reciprocated, Nikolaos attended his birthdays .... but in reverse, never.

Was Princess Benedicte the godmother of Prince Nikolaos? I remenber to the Princess Irini, she was the godmother of prince Nikolaos

Last edited by a moderator:
a few questions I have:
What is the Jewish connection to Tatiana, if there is any?
How rich are the Blatnicks? obviously not the Robert Miller wealth...
Who is her stepfather?

Tatiana is the granddaughter of the Countess Ellinka Gräfin von Einsiedel, between her ancestors was William , THE CONQUEROR. The Blatnik family was a rich family, proof of this was they followed the path of the great fortunes of Europe after of Second World War. First, before World War II lived in Yugoslavia, after her grandfather was established in Switzerland, a neutral country . After the Second World War, the path of the European fortunes were Cuba, Venezuela or Brazil, the three were fiscal paradises. They lived in Venezuela, in Caracas. In conclusion, they followed the path of great fortunes of Europe after The World War II. The mother's family, her grandmother is Countess, she lived in Venezuela with her second husband, Peter......... Her stepfather, Atilio Brillembourg Röhl, is Venezuela of German family , is a banker and currently lives in New York and has several businesses related to the world of finance.

I do not wonder that the Prince Frederick will not be, nor even Prince Joachim. I really feel bad because I think Niukolaos has attended all the events of his cousin and has maintained a good friendship with him, which is obviously not reciprocated, Nikolaos attended his birthdays .... but in reverse, never.

I don't see how it is not obvious that the friendship is not reciprocated?We do not know personally what the friendship between Frederik, Joachim and Nikolaos is.
Has there ever been any pictures of Nikolaos birthday released? Do you know personally that neither Frederik nor Joachim have attended.
Also until the DRF releases a statement as to whose going, Frederik would not miss his cousins wedding, IMO.

it's nice to see Prince Nicko marrying someone of noble birth, and not only money...I did notice several times mentioned online that Tatiana is of Jewish descent, is there any truth to the rumours?

Back
Top Bottom