Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why did she convert to orthodoxy ?

She already has if I am not mistaken although I can't remember where I can find the relevant article.

She was catholic.Why should she become orthodox?

Auntie is right Nikolaos will marry a noble woman with important German lineage
Greece and Germany are rich in noble and aristocratic ancestry
Philippos could find his future wife in German aristocracy, too

MORE INFORMATIONS ABOUT WEDDING.

The royal guest will be at the Hotel Posidonion,The entire hotel is reserved.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/RFAMILY_G/image006.jpg

In wedding will be present all the royal houses of Europe(with or without)
The Houses Royales with more highest level of representation will be:
Spain, Denmark, England, Jordan, Jordan , Liechteteins, Bahreiny, Sweden, Norway.
The rest will be the Princes.....
This is not official

Dear friend this is obvious, the Hotel is the most important and luxurious of the island .It was booked from late May.thank you by picture.

Who will be there from Sweden? I think the Swedish royal family (or any members) are not coming, cause they are celebrating 200 years of Bernadotte's in Sweden and the celebrations are long and there is one event very close the greek weding (I think day before, but I'm not totally sure)...

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know in the article concerning the security measures were referred to representatives of the Swedish royal family. The article stated that the source of information came from the authorities of the island . Prince Nicholaos said in February that Princess Victoria would be one of the guests at his wedding .

Thanks for the link IRIS1983, the hotel is looks beautiful!

She already has if I am not mistaken although I can't remember where I can find the relevant article.
Does anybody know who will be their best man or Lady to exchange the wedding wreaths or garlands across their heads? Becoming "Orthodox" is wonderful and I hope their wedding is lovely.Are they wearing plain Orthodox gold bands blessed by the priest or does Tatiana have a Western engagement ring with a gemstone in the middle?

Tatiana is fortunate to be able to look at Hellenism from the perspective of being the wife of the Prince. Greek is not an easy language.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed the Greek Royal family didn't announce more information this close to the wedding. I realise they are no longer ruling monarchs, but still.

Josette

Are they wearing plain Orthodox gold bands blessed by the priest or does Tatiana have a Western engagement ring with a gemstone in the middle?

Well her engagement ring is a sapphire and diamond ring that belonged to her soon-to-be mother-in-law. But I'm not getting my hopes up about either of them wearing their rings since Pavlos & MC don't bother with them.

At the moment, is not known if they will follow the ritual of the crowns, if it is followed, the exchange of crowns on the heads will be carried out by King Constantine:
Godparents:
Prince Pavlo, Prince Philippos, Nassos Thanopolous (This was said by Prince Nikolaos), Boris, brother Tatiana, the rest, I think could be:
Prince Felipe of Spain and Prince Joachim of Denmark..

Doesn't every Greek couple get the crowns on their wedding day regardless of if they are royalty or not?

Any info regarding a guest list to the wedding? Or if theres any other dinners or parties? Or the times of day?

Well her engagement ring is a sapphire and diamond ring that belonged to her soon-to-be mother-in-law. But I'm not getting my hopes up about either of them wearing their rings since Pavlos & MC don't bother with them.
Thank you very much for the info.They make a beautiful couple.Spetses is paradise on earth and to be married there will be a landmark.

Doesn't every Greek couple get the crowns on their wedding day regardless of if they are royalty or not?

Yes, it's part of the orthodox wedding ceremony, the crowns are crossed over their heads 3 times. More than likely it will be Pavlos who will hold and cross the crowns, Nikolaos did it for him at his wedding.

The traditional Greek weddings are different to the ritual of the crowns. Crowns about the boyfriends comes from the Russian Orthodox Church, to which belonged Queen Olga, woman first of the Dynasty, the ceremony is only with royals wedding. In the wedding of Princess Alexia was her father who alternated the crowns. I forgot to comment that another guests at the wedding insurance, are the menbers of the Royal House Bulgaria, I'm sure Prince Kirill be one of the godparents.

We have 3 Greek channels on our satellite so I hope they do show some coverage of the wedding. I highly doubt it will be overly hush hush.

Why Tatiana should learn greek language?
She isnt going to live there, her fiancé has no Greek blood etc... Even the "Crown Prince" speaks badly greek and Crown Princesse doesn't know it.

For the ex royal family,Greece it's the sun, the sea, the yacht, the islands, feta, sirtaki aaaaaaaaaaaa of course also the country that gave A very good job, honors which the Danish cadet branch would not have had, jewels etc. to their ancestors. And thanks to Greece, they were able to play Alexander the Great, Pericles, Iphigenie or Theodora the Great.

They still have some hope and just try to keep up appearances.

I can only laught with what you are saying about "her fiancé has no Greek blood etc"/ The members of the Greek Royal Family are better Greeks even from the current members of the Greek Government!

Will the media broadcast the wedding on the internet?

I might be completely wrong by saying this, but, most of Constantine's children who have married all married wealthy people, to me that send a message: we're looking for money....

Who are the confirmed royal guests? I bet the Spanish and Danish RFs will come.

There are only rumoured lists.

I might be completely wrong by saying this, but, most of Constantine's children who have married all married wealthy people, to me that send a message: we're looking for money....

Marie-Chantal I'll agree with you, don't know about Alexia's husband. And Tatiana isn't that wealthy is she?

i couldn't agree more.while Felipe,Frederik,Victoria,Haakon,Willem and others married commoners with normal financial backround Constantine's sons clearly made the choice you mentioned.Lumutqueen i agree with you about Alexia's husband,he is a very well known architect in Spain but i don't think that he is that whealthy.

In La Otra Crónica del Mundo they talk about Tatiana and her parents, she descendens from George II!

If anyone is interested I can trauduce it or upload the pages of the newspaper.

Marie-Chantal I'll agree with you, don't know about Alexia's husband. And Tatiana isn't that wealthy is she?

I don't know about Alexia's husband but Tatiana's a granddaughter of a countess, so they may not be rich in money but they probably are very rich in assets.

I don't know about Alexia's husband but Tatiana's a granddaughter of a countess, so they may not be rich in money but they probably are very rich in assets.

But doesn't mean Tatiana has got any of those assest.
MC was rich because of her father, and Pavlos certainly will have known that. IMO Pavlos yes married partially for money, Alexia and Nikolaos not so much.

Back
Top Bottom