"End Game" by Omid Scobie - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It’s the Sussexes. So, I’m not surprised that the “benefit of the doubt” was not given. It’s always high drama with them. (Or they decided it was an issue when they needed a bombshell for Oprah. Even Harry acknowledged it was literally a one- off. Yet- it necessitated complaining to a global audience about.) Sounds typical of them really.

I just don’t buy that Charles really said anything wrong or that any harm was ever intended. His history speaks for itself. I do buy the Sussexes twisting his words or mis- remembering what happened. These are the same people who couldn’t tell a consistent story on Oprah.

Nor am I surprised they told their friends/Scobie. Of course, they did. They never have known when to just stop talking already.

Exactly and I don't think anyone of sane mind will follow the 'racist' narrative. Honestly, if in my family there was a ginger having a kid with a woman of colour I'd be wondering how the kid will actually look like.
This is the rock bottom of making money out of the RF.

I’m going to try not to post too many one-off thoughts as I read this, but I had to share this bit. In chapter 2, Scobie accuses the royal family of being “financially reckless” because their spending rose by 5% from 2022 to 2023.

Inflation was nearly 11% in 2022 in the UK. This actually means they cut spending to run 6 percentage points lower than inflation.

I suppose this is what you get when celebrity writers pretend to be serious for a moment.
Oh HRH Hermione-Thank you for volunteering to read "End Game" and share the details. :lol: I'm not surprised that he failed to grasp that the BRF were cutting their expenses in 2022-2023. After all, he didn't realize that Scotland is a part of the UK.

Scobie just described the King’s first Christmas speech as “perfunctory but heartfelt.”

How can these two words be used in the same sentence to describe the same speech? It was given very little thought or effort but also was strongly and sincerely emotional?

Make it make sense.

It’s a good thing I am not taking a drink anytime Scobie gets something basic about the royal family completely wrong, because I don’t think I would survive it.

In chapter 3, he describes the King’s speech in Germany as one that “strongly veered into politics with regards to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine (and Germany’s ‘courageous’) move to give military support.”

Scobie, the King is the Head of State. His remarks were aligned with the official position of the UK government and the foreign office. It’s *domestic* politics he isn’t meant to comment on.

It’s a good thing I am not taking a drink anytime Scobie gets something basic about the royal family completely wrong, because I don’t think I would survive it.

No, but you can always write the drinking game rules down as you go. We'll call it "Drinking End Game".

Last edited:
I’m going to try not to post too many one-off thoughts as I read this, but I had to share this bit. In chapter 2, Scobie accuses the royal family of being “financially reckless” because their spending rose by 5% from 2022 to 2023.

Inflation was nearly 11% in 2022 in the UK. This actually means they cut spending to run 6 percentage points lower than inflation.

I suppose this is what you get when celebrity writers pretend to be serious for a moment.

I really just want to laugh. This is just sad. And pathetic. Does anyone bother to do research, fact check, proof read?

The Sussexes REALLY know how to pick their mouthpieces.

Ah the laugh

I didn't do it': Panicked Omid Scobie denies responsibility for error in Dutch copy of Endgame that 'names the royal racist' accused of speaking about Archie's skin colour as sales of controversial book are halted in Holland and offending copies pulped :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-error-Dutch-Endgame-names-royal-racist.html

I'm just waiting for someone to claim it was an act of sabotage, carried out by 'dark forces' within the British establishment, working for the BRF.

?

The written evidence ( Charles' letter) is presumably in Meghan's possession. At some point, Scobie will be forced to admit that Meghan shared this information with him, or, less likely, shared it with others who were Scobie's sources. Either way it won't look good on Meghan to be seen as leaking private correspondence.

The larger paragraph seems to suggest that a disgruntled staff member who was privy to the private letters shared between Charles and Meghan is the one who outed that it was Charles. It is only implied, so, the phrasing could also be meant to ensure a way out if in fact it was Meghan herself who shared the information.

In chapter 3, he describes the King’s speech in Germany as one that “strongly veered into politics with regards to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine (and Germany’s ‘courageous’) move to give military support.”

Scobie, the King is the Head of State. His remarks were aligned with the official position of the UK government and the foreign office. It’s *domestic* politics he isn’t meant to comment on.

I give you props for even trying to read it. I couldn’t. It sounds like this book would be best categorized as fiction.

I don't think this revelation in the Dutch version was an accident but a very careful gambit. The question is, are they actually hoping that it will bring them more support in the USA? Because it sure as hell will not improve their reputations anywhere else.

I don't think this revelation in the Dutch version was an accident but a very careful gambit. The question is, are they actually hoping that it will bring them more support in the USA? Because it sure as hell will not improve their reputations anywhere else.

I don’t see how it could help them. This isn’t new news. Just who supposedly said something supposedly wrong.

Wow.
I am actually greatly shocked and yes saddened, by the unbelievable lengths that The Sussex's will sink to in their efforts to get vindictive retribution against those they feel "done them wrong".
IN yet ANOTHER BOOK.

I honestly thought that they would be moving on from bitter recriminations, after a " challenging " year for them, that saw their reputations AND financial deals take hits. From South Park to Spotify. To Re-group and Re-brand.
I guess not.

Scobie is their approved mouthpiece. He " shills " for them, in MY opinion. He is privy to their thoughts, feelings AND interpretation of all things "Sussex".

Whether it is their victim narrative carefully crafted in "Finding Freedom" or this latest attempt to diminish, demean and yes insult SO MANY in MORE allegedly damaging criticisms.
Now Charles, William, and Kate get attacked, AGAIN...Princess Anne, back stabbed them, to manipulate KClll to remove them from Frogmore Cottage ! Even Sophie and Edward get a swipe at too !!!!
Not a good look or a smart move either, for The Sussex's I'd bet. Who could or would EVER trust these two ?

Poor Charles. This whole debacle seems very calculated. Scobie is a snake.

I doubt there is EVER any coming back from this, Family wise. "End Game". Yes, The Book seems pretty aptly named actually.
Looks like it IS an "end" for Charles and Harry. I honestly feel bad for Archie and Lili.

Last edited:
I have stopped visiting here - but I came to read what was in the book as well as look over what was been said - as I has a good visit when Spare was released.

Here is a few things that I believe that might add to your conversation:
1. The idea of the no titles for lesser royals was something that was brought up years ago as it the early 1990's. Edward agreed that his children would not be HRH then - long before they were born. Harry attended these meeting so would have known if not agreed to what was already discussed in them. The only thing that pulled it out was Andrew's daughters titles - The titles should have been removed and then Harry would not have been able to use the York daughters as the reason he must be given them. If the Queen had done that there would not be an issue now.
2. It was not a good idea of the KP to blacklist Omid Scobie from royal reporting. More friends are won with honey then with vinegar. If the Wales had attempted to get Scobie over their side and yes - there was more than a bit of opportunity. They should not have cut with off with what he needed to continue with his work.

Harry did NOT attend meetings in the 'early 90s' about the future use of titles. He was a child - born in 1984 and the topic was discussed at the first Way Ahead meeting in 1992 when he was 8. By the time he was 18 and deemed old enough to be included in such discussions, in 2002, the family thought the matter was settled after the announcement made when Edward married.

There was also NO discussion about removing the York's titles. That is simply media fodder. To remove the York's titles would also have meant removing the titles from the Dukes of Gloucester and Kent as well as Prince Michael and Princess Alexandra.

There was a general discussion about 'future titles' but nothing about removing existing titles.

The idea was, to follow Edward's lead, that only the children of the heir in each generation would have HRH Prince/Princess but that those already born with it would keep it.

As usual the late Queen kept her head in the sand and rather than issuing that LP in 2012 she decided to INCREASE the number of people eligible for HRH from birth to all children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales rather than just the eldest son.

I have stopped visiting here - but I came to read what was in the book as well as look over what was been said - as I has a good visit when Spare was released.

Here is a few things that I believe that might add to your conversation:
1. The idea of the no titles for lesser royals was something that was brought up years ago as it the early 1990's. Edward agreed that his children would not be HRH then - long before they were born. Harry attended these meeting so would have known if not agreed to what was already discussed in them. The only thing that pulled it out was Andrew's daughters titles - The titles should have been removed and then Harry would not have been able to use the York daughters as the reason he must be given them. If the Queen had done that there would not be an issue now.
2. It was not a good idea of the KP to blacklist Omid Scobie from royal reporting. More friends are won with honey then with vinegar. If the Wales had attempted to get Scobie over their side and yes - there was more than a bit of opportunity. They should not have cut with off with what he needed to continue with his work.

They didn't blacklist him. He's not part of the Royal Rota, he writes for places like Yahoo and does American morning talkshow appearances. He also claimed this happened after 2020, during Covid when royals were limiting reporters for health reasons. So only one reporter and photographer from the Rota or AP was accompanying the royals then they would release it to the press pool.

So you're asking that he should have gotten favoritism over established members of the Rota. That he as a writer for Yahoo, should have gotten exclusive access over the actual British press. I wonder if William is also snubbing Piers Morgan by not inviting him to his engagements! :ermm:

I haven't been able to find the answer but does this book address which version of the "racist conversation" is true: Harry's version (one discussion before he was married) or Meghan's version (several discussions while she was pregnant)?

I haven't been able to find the answer but does this book address which version of the "racist conversation" is true: Harry's version (one discussion before he was married) or Meghan's version (several discussions while she was pregnant)?

I just finished this chapter and this is not addressed at all. I’ll keep an eye out for it in the rest of the book just in case, but I think it is glossed over

I can't help but think that the timing of the release and the controversial nature of this book, and the expected backlash against Omid Scobie and the Sussexes is happily orchestrated to perhaps influence Harry's upcoming RAVEC court case about him and his family needing constant armed police protection in the UK.

Last edited:
I can't help but think that the timing of the release and the controversial nature of this book, and the expected backlash against Omid Scobie and the Sussexes is a bit orchestrated to perhaps influence Harry's upcoming RAVEC court case about him and his wife needing constant armed police protection in the UK.

I think it was more directed at Charles. The Sussex Camp first leaks "the letter" existence right before Charles' coronation. Now the Sussex Camp has this book, with "accidental" differing drafts to the Dutch, coming out around the same time as Charles' 75th birthday. There is a linear progression to that set-up.

Exactly and I don't think anyone of sane mind will follow the 'racist' narrative. Honestly, if in my family there was a ginger having a kid with a woman of colour I'd be wondering how the kid will actually look like.
This is the rock bottom of making money out of the RF.

I agree. The problem wasn't that family members speculated on the child's complexion, it was that the way Meghan told the story -- and Oprah's obnoxious reaction -- made it seem like a horrible racial slur.

If it was Charles, it's worth pointing out that previous gossip books have claimed he was disappointed that Harry was born with red hair. Perhaps he was hoping the baby took after Meghan!

Could somebody more knowledgeable help me here, I have read that defamation laws in the Netherlands are different to the UK. If this is totally incorrect neither the publisher nor the author can be sued, or at least it is more in their favour than the person libelled.

I am only asking because Omid has made such a deal in his interviews about UK laws and that is why he cannot name the two people.

Last edited:
Do any of you think that the Sussexes will distance themselves from Omid Scobie?

I see on twitter that the books are actually being sold in Dutch shops. Perhaps the publisher was unable to reach all the book shops.

And the second name seems to be included in the Dutch translation too, though it is less clear than the first one. It says that the now Princess of Wales also took part in the conversation [between the now duke of Sussex and the King].

Last edited:
I see on twitter that the books are actually being sold in Dutch shops. Perhaps the publisher was unable to reach all the book shops.

And the second name seems to be included in the Dutch translation too, though it is less clear than the first one. It says that the now Princess of Wales also took part in the conversation [between the now duke of Sussex and the King].

That version seems to support the second interpretation where the convesation (or converstations) took place during Meghan's pregnancy rather than before the wedding (as in Harry's conflicting account).

The targets and the attack method are patently clear. First, Scobie hints at two people being involved in the English version. Then, the King's name is conveniently mentioned explicitly in the Dutch version while it is suggested that Kate also took part in the conversation in an unspecified role (did she also comment on Archie's skin color or did she not?).

In the end, Scobie will blame everything on a translation error and deny that he has ever accused or named anyone even though he de facto did, which was the whole purpose of this grotesque leak. And, as I said, the reference to Kate was deliberately vague enough to cast a shadow on her reputation without openly and directly attacking her.

Moreover, Scobie, as Meghan, is careful to avoid using the word "racism" explicitly, sticking instead to the typical American code word "unconscious bias".

Last edited:
I am very curious to read this part of the book for myself:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...rince-Princess-titles-Omid-Scobie-claims.html

I have always been baffled by the fact that they wanted their kids to have Prince/Princess titles even though they plan to raise them in the U.S. as private citizens, and even though they themselves have no intention of being working royals ever again. I am even more baffled by the idea that it should have been addressed immediately upon the King’s ascension and downright perplexed that they don’t understand how their kids are different than the Wales kids.

Reinforces again that Harry doesn’t think much about other people’s experiences because if he did, he’d recognize that James and Louise were treated very differently to him and his brother and so were Peter and Zara- but it’s not because they mattered less as grandchildren, just that their place in the public Royal family was different.

Maybe the naming of Archie first as Master Mountbatten-Windsor had more to do with the alternative than the longing for a princely status for him? I always found the names "Earl Dumb-arton" oder Baron Kil(l) - keel" strange in the atmosphere around the wedding, when Meghan was already finding things that did not agree with her. To see her son named "Dumb-Arton" when they had so carefully chosen Harrison was surely something she didn't like. But with a princely title he was again Harry's son as Prince Archie of Sussex, son of the Royal duke of Sussex. So IMHO it is more the non-alternative than the title they were looking for.

Yes, I see no point in pulling the books from the shelves if everyone already knows who allegedly made the comment.

It does seem like a set-up, but honestly, the comment seems innocuous to me.
Like someone searching for something to be offended by.

Pearl didn’t make it but a bunch of Netflix animated shows didn’t make it. Sure, Spotify was canceled but it not only won two awards, it knocked of Joe guy, it went no. 1 in several non-English speaking countries and even managed to stay in the Top 10 during her unnecessary break.

So success on projects has been achieved since leaving and without the royals. As only her first episode talked about anything related to the royals and it wasn’t even about the royals but a personal experience on a tour.

I think it is fair to say that if Spotify had been successful, it would have been renewed for a second season.
What's more, it was cancelled on bad terms (re: the grifters comment).

That version seems to support the second interpretation where the convesation (or converstations) took place during Meghan's pregnancy rather than before the wedding (as in Harry's conflicting account).

The targets and the attack method are patently clear. First, Scobie hints at two people being involved in the English version. Then, the King's name is conveniently mentioned explicitly in the Dutch version while it is suggested that Kate also took part in the conversation in an unspecified role (did she also comment on Archie's skin color or did she not?).

In the end, Scobie will blame everything on a translation error and deny that he has ever accused or named anyone even though he de facto did, which was the whole purpose of this grotesque leak. And, as I said, the reference to Kate was deliberately vague enough to cast a shadow on her reputation without openly and directly attacking her.

Moreover, Scobie, as Meghan, is careful to avoid using the word "racism" explicitly, sticking instead to the typical American code word "unconscious bias".

Agreed. And it’s so typical of how they operate. They insinuate, suggest, exaggerate, sometimes outright lie- then when called out say— but, but I didn’t say that exact word, I meant this…..when many of us know exactly what they clearly (imo) intended the message to be.

I’m not surprised Catherine is getting pulled into this. It figures. It’s been pretty obvious that Meghan has issues with her. Possibly partly because Catherine actually is successful at the job. Meghan was not. She’s a very public reminder that some women can make a real success out of this.

Yes, I see no point in pulling the books from the shelves if everyone already knows who allegedly made the comment.

It does seem like a set-up, but honestly, the comment seems innocuous to me.
Like someone searching for something to be offended by.

Yeah- it’s too late.

I always thought whatever was said had to be pretty innocuous.

The Sussexes response said more to me about them than anything else. Yes- looking for something to be offended by, looking for an excuse makes a certain amount of sense to me. Or just everything being lost in translation or mis- remembered to begin with. This is supposedly all based on Harry’s recollection - that he later shared with Meghan who turned it into an issue - when he admits his memory is not good. (Although- he also maintains that’s somehow irrelevant.)

I sure don’t see Charles or Catherine saying ANYTHING worthy of what Meghan (and Harry) did on Oprah. And certainly not using this book as an ill- disguised (imo) - oops- we didn’t mean for that to happen while getting to name names.

Last edited:
Maybe the naming of Archie first as Master Mountbatten-Windsor had more to do with the alternative than the longing for a princely status for him? I always found the names "Earl Dumb-arton" oder Baron Kil(l) - keel" strange in the atmosphere around the wedding, when Meghan was already finding things that did not agree with her. To see her son named "Dumb-Arton" when they had so carefully chosen Harrison was surely something she didn't like. But with a princely title he was again Harry's son as Prince Archie of Sussex, son of the Royal duke of Sussex. So IMHO it is more the non-alternative than the title they were looking for.

I think if Meghan believed that there was something wrong with her husband’s Scottish title that the Queen chose and bestowed, then Meghan was looking pretty hard for things she didn’t like and didn’t agree with. It’s a perfectly respectable title.

Back
Top Bottom