"End Game" by Omid Scobie - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is safe to believe the Palace did offer Meghan some help, a sort of tutorship; I find it absurd to believe otherwise, it would have been counter-productive not to do so because it would have resembled a hostile behavior, like "Oh, you are marrying Harry? Entering this Institution? Well, good luck for all the things you'll have to learn, helping you it's none of our business" - and everyone can see this was not the spirit in which she was welcomed.

I vaguely remember something she said in some occasion, "why would I have taken any help [or maybe "why would I have researched for info about the RF"], I had Harry who could tell me everything I needed to know" - or do I remember wrong?

(If this is correct, Harry too bears a lot of responsibility for this disaster)

They definitely offered her help. If nothing else, they wouldn't have wanted her doing the "wrong" thing because it would have reflected badly on the institution. And, if what Scobie's said is true, she turned it down. Then complained that she hadn't been given help.

They definitely offered her help. If nothing else, they wouldn't have wanted her doing the "wrong" thing because it would have reflected badly on the institution. And, if what Scobie's said is true, she turned it down. Then complained that she hadn't been given help.

The thing is she could say she didn't get help, because she didn't, she just forgot to say it was offered and refused.

That is the whole pattern of everything going back to the beginning, selective memory or removal of context.

According to these articles, the Duchess of Edinburgh is reportedly unhappy about claims in the book End Game that Meghan was not offered support by the BRF.

The original article appeared in The Sun and The Daily Mail article repeats the story.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/royals/24972582/sophie-duchess-edinburgh-royal-racism-row-meghan-markle/

But Sophie’s allies point out that she went out of her way to befriend Meghan in the early months of her marriage to Prince Harry, inviting her to tea at her Surrey home, Bagshot Park.
“It was just the two of them at and they talked for hours,“ says a senior Royal source. “Meghan had so many questions and Sophie, who knows what it’s like navigating your way through the early days of transition from a commoner to a royal, gave freely of her advice.Sophie found Meghan likeable and engaging and told her that she could call her any time when she needed advice about dealing with some of the trickier royals. “She was quite surprised when that was the last she heard from Meghan. As she noted, it would’ve been nice to receive a return invitation to Frogmore Cottage (where Meghan was then living with Harry and is less than half an hour from Bagshot).”
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...struggling-Firm-sources-claim.html#newcomment

Last edited:
Scobie doesn't half talk rubbish. How does saying you haven't heard of someone mean that the Royal Family is an 'intolerant organisation steeped in bigotry and privilege'. I'm well aware that there are loads of "influencers" and "reality TV stars" and people who are on You Tube, Tik Tok etc who are well known but whose names mean absolutely nothing to me, because I'm not interested in any of that sort of thing - still listening to my '80s music and watching my long-running TV soap operas. I'm sure there are loads of white celebrities whom Edward and Sophie haven't heard of either. Oprah's show is not on British TV. Just because someone's a household name in one country doesn't mean that everyone in other countries has to have heard of them.

Back
Top Bottom