Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh and Family News and Events 11: 03 March 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today the Oscar Foundation finally shared some nice photos of their Patron the Duchess of Edinburgh attending the Oscar International Ball at Nobu Hotel in London on May 19:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Duchess of Edinburgh was in Guildford today, June 6, to visit Artventure Trust Limited at St. Peter's School as well as Royal Surrey County Hospital. As Patron of Shooting Star Children's Hospices she visited Christopher's, a Shooting Star Children's Hospice:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Edinburgh attended The Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society Show at The York Club, Windsor Great Park, today, June 10:

** rex gallery **

She is pretty good with kids. Although I still think "Sophie with animals" pictures are the best. ;)

The Duchess of Edinburgh as Patron opened the new office of the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) in London today, June 15:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

And she was invested as a Dame Grand Cross of the Order of St John by the Duke of Gloucester, see at the family's current events thread.

The Duke of Edinburgh as Patron of the British Paralympic Association attended the Wheelchair Tennis Championship at the Queen's Club in London today, June 23:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Yesterday, July 4, the Duchess of Edinburgh was seen out in London:

** dm article **

Today, July 5, the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh attended the NHS anniversary service as part of the health service's 75th anniversary celebrations at Westminster Abbey:

** gettyimages gallery ** dm article **

The Duchess of Edinburgh opened a new training academy for nurses, midwives and allied healthcare professionals based at Kings College NHS today:

And she took the salute at "The Household Division Beating Retreat - A Military Musical Spectacular":

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Duchess Of Edinburgh Takes Salute At The Household Division Beating Retreat Musical Spectacular **

Last edited:
Today, July 5, the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh attended the NHS anniversary service as part of the health service's 75th anniversary celebrations at Westminster Abbey:

Here's a video from the NHS Service at Westminster Abbey

Yesterday, July 9, the Duke of Edinburgh as Royal Colonel presented new Colours to 1st Battalion London Guards at Buckingham Palace and later attended a reception at Wellington Barracks:

The Duchess of Edinburgh as Honorary President of Linking Enviornment and Farming recorded a message released last week:

Today, July 18, the Duke of Edinburgh as Chancellor of the University of Bath visited the University, attended a Degree Congregation and visited the Medical Build Laboratory:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, July 18, the Duchess of Edinburgh as Colonel-in-Chief of the Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers visited the 9th Theatre Support Battalion REME at New Normandy Bar:

Today, July 19, she visited the Driffield Show at the Driffield Showground:

** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

Thanks for the all the links to articles and photos.

I see that now their children are older and more self sufficient, Edward and Sophie definitely do more engagements in the beginning of July. I imagine James finished school a while ago but he’s older so needs less from them. It’s nice to see and I imagine they will end up like Anne and work pretty much all of July. I do hope we will still see all the families go to Balmoral in August.

The Duke of Edinburgh as Honorary Air Commodore of RAF Waddingto attended the Edinburgh Tattoo yesterday, August 7:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Duchess of Edinburgh met with Yasmine Sherif, Executive Director of Education Cannot Wait (ECW), today, September 12:

** Pic **

Today, September 14, the Duchess of Edinburgh was in Salisbury to visit Gul Outdoor Therapy Centre, The Guildhall, Stable and Wick Bakery and Farm Shop at Wick Farm and as Royal Colonel of the 5th Battalion The Rifles she visited Ward Barracks, Bulford, Wiltshire.

Meanwhile the Duke of Edinburgh hosted the Commonwealth Youth Awards at St James's Palace:

Last edited:
suztav, yes he does, but after all the loses AND changes of the the 3 years, maybe it is to be expected. Stress can do that.
Losing both Parents and an increased and more visible workload too.

Plus, it you look at pictures of BOTH Grandfathers, Edward DEFINITELY has their slight build. King George Vl and Prince Andrew of Greece.

To be honest, I think he takes so very much more after Andrew's side more than The Windsors, especially as he ages. I don't know how to post pictures, but if you Google pictures of Prince Andrew in middle age, its remarkable. Plus Prince Andrew, Prince Philip and Prince Edward all do that similar "Arm posture". Uncanny.

Very much Prince Edward's build and facial structure ALSO reminds me of his Mother's first cousin, Prince Edward, Duke of Kent, yet another descendant from The Greek side of The Family. His mother, Princess Marina was a first cousin To Prince Philip.

Genetics at play. And The Duke of Kent is 87. Still out there helping out and showing up. Him and his sister Princess Alexandra, are two of my favorites !

Last edited:
He coul have his suit fitted and would look better. That one is swimming on him.

She does so many visits to different charities I sometimes feel like all her work gets a bit overlooked. She always looks so engaged with the people she is meeting.

She does so many visits to different charities I sometimes feel like all her work gets a bit overlooked. She always looks so engaged with the people she is meeting.

The Telegraph journalist as well as an internet reporter have attempted to get access to the Edinburgh's on the royal rota. They both received a reply that all press attention is to be focused on the King, Queen and the Prince and Princess of Wales. I do not know if this is for the first years of the King's reign. But it is how it is currently.

Back
Top Bottom