Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one week to go until The King’s Cup! Today we’re excited to reveal the ambassadors representing each of the eight charities benefitting from this year’s regatta.

The teams will be led by:

The Duke - @cbukhelp

The Duchess - The Royal Foundation's Early Years programme

Bear Grylls - @tusk_org

Fara Williams - @CentrepointUK

Dan Snow - @LDNairamb

John Bishop - @ActionAddiction

Katie Thistleton - @Place2Be

Helen Glover - @AFNCCF

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Reactions: eya
Great charities there - should be an exciting race! We have regattas where I live & although I've sailed, I've never raced. I still go to the regattas to watch & take part in all the associated fun & I'm sure they'll have lots of support at Cowes. Let's hope they raise lots of money for all these worthy causes.

I agree, looks like a great line-up.

The King’s Cup will take place on 8 August and not the 9th because of the weather:

"Due to adverse weather conditions forecasted for Friday in Cowes, The King’s Cup hosted by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will now take place on Thursday 8th August at 1400hrs."

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with The King’s Cup charity ambassadors, Fara Williams for @CentrepointUK, Dan Snow for @LDNairamb, Bear Grylls for @Tusk_org, John Bishop for @ActionAddiction, Katie Thistleton for @Place2Be, and Helen Glover for @AFNCCF
��

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBckwZ6WkAMVcF1?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Gallery

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2019/08/08/king's_cup_sailing_regatta,_cowes,_isle_of_wight?

https://www.gettyimages.es/search/2...s=all&uiloc=view_all_more_from_this_event_adp

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Thank you for the update. With that forecast approaching, it was wise to move the date.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016

And they’re off;

Tusk currently in the lead!

It’s a family event today, all the Cambridge Children are in Cowes and here’s Prince George. He’s sat with his maternal grandparents Carole and Michael.

Tusk and Bear Grylls win the first race,

William came 3rd and Catherine came 7th.

Unfortunately Catherine's boat has been disqualified in the 2nd race. Bear Grylls and Tusk have won overall.

Last edited:
? It's interesting as they get older, they resemble Mom more and more.

So many good causes benefited today from having a whole lot of people show up to have a whale of a good time in friendly competition.

I think its great that events are scheduled to benefit a lot of charities at the same time rather than doing events for them individually. Well done!

Was that Princess Charlotte sticking out her tongue :previous:

George has quite the gap in front...lost some teeth, very cute!

LaRae

Was that Princess Charlotte sticking out her tongue :previous:

It was! DM has a cute video.
Very cheeky ? Channeling her Uncle Harry so much these days lol. Such a spirited one <3

A nice surprise to see George and Charlotte there! George's little gappy smile is cute. Charlotte looks so much like the Middletons in these photos, too - I had always thought she was more of a Middleton than a Windsor but as she's gotten older the maternal resemblance has become more prominent. Her sticking her tongue out was priceless - such reactions seem to be Charlotte's usual methods of trying to make the press go away - I remember her saying "you're not coming" to the press at Louis's christening :D Perhaps she's taking a leaf out of her great-aunt Anne's book!

It was all in good fun. and also good for the charities that were selected.

A nice surprise to see George and Charlotte there! George's little gappy smile is cute. Charlotte looks so much like the Middletons in these photos, too - I had always thought she was more of a Middleton than a Windsor but as she's gotten older the maternal resemblance has become more prominent. Her sticking her tongue out was priceless - such reactions seem to be Charlotte's usual methods of trying to make the press go away - I remember her saying "you're not coming" to the press at Louis's christening :D Perhaps she's taking a leaf out of her great-aunt Anne's book!

The press were invited to this event and to Louis' christening and if she was my child she'd have been told off for being rude on both occasions. W and K though seem to think it's funny when she behaves like this.

I remember when Beatrice and Eugenie were Charlotte's age, one of them did the exact same thing(poked out her tongue at a crowd of people)

One Royalty reporter pointed it out as an example of Sarah's poor parenting skills "compared to the Princess of Wales".

Because of course William and Harry were perfectly behaved little boys.:cool:

HA multiple incidences of W&H sticking tongues out and other general misbehavior!

LaRae

Who are the other children with them?

Lovely photos, and it's nice to see George and Charlotte with Michael and Carole Middleton. However, I can't say I think Charlotte sticking her tongue out at reporters is either cute or appropriate. It's just rude, and if this becomes a "thing" that the Cambidges tolerate, I'll think a whole lot less of their parenting.

However, I can't say I think Charlotte sticking her tongue out at reporters is either cute or appropriate. However, I can't say I think Charlotte sticking her tongue out at reporters is either cute or appropriate. It's just rude, and if this becomes a "thing" that the Cambidges tolerate, I'll think a whole lot less of their parenting.

My own view is that it is cute, but only because this was a child acting on impulse, and no amount of parental guidance can prevent a 4 year old from doing something like this the one time. That said, this is not something I would tolerate from my own children, and I would be surprised if Charlotte were allowed to get away with it in the future.

I'm not sure she was sticking her tongue out at reporters. The video shows Catherine pointing downwards & waving & encouraging Charlotte to do the same - looks to me like it's directed at someone they know (who may well have stuck their tongue out at Charlotte first!). I agree it shouldn't be allowed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom