Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Van Cleef & Arpels Magic Alhambra Earrings?
I have this as the necklace. It is a great piece because you can wear it with everything from jeans and a t shirt to a very fancy party. Extremely flexible design of the entire suite.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Diamond necklace, T-shirt and jeans?

I've heard it all!

:previous: That is one gorgeous necklace. Does anyone else think it seems to be more than just a straight set of strung pearls? Whatever, I am now suffering from a severe case of Black Pearl envy! :cool:

:previous:

It is a very beautiful piece. And it's indeed more than just a straight pearl necklace; each individual pearl appears to nest in some sort of a silver cup.
There might also be a pearl pendant of sorts (look at the upper right part of the attached picture).

Cropped from a larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Prince+Wales+Duchess+DO-NT1obF7fx.jpg
    Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Prince+Wales+Duchess+DO-NT1obF7fx.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,855
I'm not all that keen on black pearls (in fact, I don't like them at all). I find that they suit very few and are often strung quite unpleasing to the eye.

MARG said:
:previous: That is one gorgeous necklace. Does anyone else think it seems to be more than just a straight set of strung pearls? Whatever, I am now suffering from a severe case of Black Pearl envy! :cool:

They are baroque (uneven shape) which gives them an undulating line along the string, I think. :)

They are baroque (uneven shape) which gives them an undulating line along the string, I think. :)
Yes, you are probably right. These can happen naturally, when an oyster nucleates nacre (the stuff of which pearls are built) around an oddly shaped bit rather than a uniform grain of sand. There are some huge, beautiful examples of older natural baroque pearls. Starting in the middle ages, artists like Cellini would incorporate them into small scale cast gold works.

But now - when pearls are seeded and cultured, often the shape used for nucleation determines that double headed shape you see on the Duchess's necklace. That shape baroque pearl is call RINGED, for obvious reasons.

Here is an over the top example of what designers can do with baroque pearls: http://www.internetstones.com/image-files/the-canning-jewel.jpg

v The Canning Jewel

Attachments

• The Canning Jewel.jpg
    The Canning Jewel.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 459
I like baroque pearls because of their unique shape and own some pieces, but don't think I care for this necklace. I find that because the pearls are so large and unevenly shaped, they're strung a bit awkwardly and look bulky in this arrangement.

clasp

0ee46ff079ce38a81128fb38e8a39a91c12255135841877.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/16/article-2233829-160DDA56000005DC-803_638x665.jpg

^^^Now that's a triple beauty; the diamond clasp is just stunning and I like that it's positioned so you can see it.

The late Queen Mother's beautiful pearls - how lovely to see them again !

:previous:
Those pearls are my favourites too; quietly elegant and very pretty.
I'm glad Camilla appears to be fond of the necklace and wears them on pretty regular basis.

Is she wearing a different ring next to her wedding band? That one doesn't look like her engagement ring - it seems smaller and looks like only one stone.

Is this the 3 string pearl necklace with diamond clasp that Camilla has worn regularly since 2006, or is it a different one? The clasp does appear a bit different, with the central diamond larger than usual.

Is this the 3 string pearl necklace with diamond clasp that Camilla has worn regularly since 2006, or is it a different one? The clasp does appear a bit different, with the central diamond larger than usual.
It's definitely the same 3-strand pearl necklace and the same clasp.
I've attached a couple of pictures of Camilla wearing the Queen Mother's necklace back in 2006; the clasp looks no different to me.

- The necklace as worn during the recent tour (courtesy of Spheno)
- The necklace as worn in 2006 (at Bowood dog show and country fair)
- The necklace as worn in 2006 (on the first day of the tour of Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India)

Cropped from larger images and constitute less than 20% of the originals.

Attachments

• 0ee46ff079ce38a81128fb38e8a39a91c12255135841877.jpg
    0ee46ff079ce38a81128fb38e8a39a91c12255135841877.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 732
  • 71505301.jpg
    71505301.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,627
  • 57137759.jpg
    57137759.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 717
Great, many thanks for your efforts.
The central diamond does appear to be quite a serious diamond!

Camilla is wearing the Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara - the one she almost always wears for such events. Some of the first pictures were a bit confusing (the tiara looked spikey, like the Girls of Great Britain one) but you can see it's definitely the Honeycomb one in this picture.

The Duchess is also wearing her lovely diamond earrings, the Royal Family Order and the Royal Victorian Order sash.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Gorgeous dangling earrings; they look so good on her and I like her hair swept from her face.

We really need a good closeup of Camilla's sapphire necklace from King Abdullah so can see better if this sapphire pendant is really from the necklace. Anyone have a good pic of it? The only one I have seen is a blurred version.

I love the sapphire pendant. The earrings look great as well. The Duchess can pull off the 'serious' bling :D.
I know we're supposed to be talking jewelry, but I just love the fact that Their Highnesses are holding hands :wub:.

The Duchess of Cornwall looking great at the Sun Military Awards in London this evening, December 6, 2012.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **
Wow!!!

Erroneously, I always thought that turquoise was a flat, dull and dead looking "jewel" and wondered why anyone would bother wearing it let alone surrounding it with diamonds!

What a revelation. Camilla has shown that it is the quality and style of any piece of jewellery that makes it a knockout and not the carat count. And so I have to say that her Turquoise Suite is one of my favourites and looks spectacular worn with the dark/royal blue satin gown with it's perfectly framed neckline.

Last edited:
Wow! You aren't kidding. She looks AMAZING tonight and the jewelry steals the show. This is one of the best looks I've ever seen for her I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom