Death of HM Queen Elizabeth II: 8 September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the live feed, you can go back about 10 minutes to see them come out to view the flowers.

Several tears there while looking at the flowers. HM The Queen was clearly adored by her children and grandchildren.

It was very moving to see the group of senior adult Royals together at Balmoral. Beatrice and Eugenie both looked a bit tearful.

Harry left on Friday morning, and doesn’t seem to have been seen since.

Presumably the grandchildren’s spouses are with the children, and maybe going out in front of all the crowds would have been too much for James.

I saw a picture of HMs coffin on Instagram, but since the background looked nothing like Balmoral Ballroom and the flag draped over it looked more like a carpet, so to say, I am highly unsure if its not a fake one.
Has anyone else seen it?

Harry and Meghan are nowhere to be found?

Mmmm. Well Harry. Certainly the spouses aren't there so Meghan wouldn't be. But in normal times where would he be. In London or with his family. And the fact he got there at 8pm and left before even having breakfast with the family says a lot. I think it's time we move on now from them. They don't want to be part of it (or have been excluded) but it's a family issue and let's leave it at that.

I imagine the ones in Scotland will come with her body back to London.

Zara looked absolutely inconsolable. And I saw Andrew ask er if she is alright.

Last edited:
It was very moving to see the group of senior adult Royals together at Balmoral. Beatrice and Eugenie both looked a bit tearful.

Harry left on Friday morning, and doesn’t seem to have been seen since.

Presumably the grandchildren’s spouses are with the children, and maybe going out in front of all the crowds would have been too much for James.

It looked like Louise also had a hard time.

Mmmm. Well Harry. Certainly the spouses aren't there so Megjan wouldn't be. But in normal times where would he be. In London or with his family. Ian the fact he should up at 8pm and left before even having breakfast with the family says a lot. I think it's time we move on now from them. They don't want to be part of it and let's leave it at that.

I imagine the ones in Scotland will come with her body back to London.

Zara looked absolutely inconsolable. And I saw Andrew ask er if she is alright.

According to Omid Harry will stay in the UK (I assume until the funeral). He didn't write anything about Meghan.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole family looks completely devastated. It must have came as such a shock to them all.

It looked like Louise also had a hard time.

All of them looked very moved, no wonder. Louise is developping into a very beautiful girl.
What is always in my mind when I see people mourning at funerals, how nice it would be if the deceased one could see how much family and friends loved them.

Harry and Meghan are nowhere to be found?

This was at Balmoral in Scotland. Harry and Meghan are said to be at their house on the Windsor Castle grounds in England.

The whole family looks completely devastated. It must have came as such a shock to them all.

All death of loved ones comes like a speed train hitting you at 150 mph. No matter how 'expected.'

This was at Balmoral in Scotland. Harry and Meghan are said to be at their house on the Windsor Castle grounds in England.

I think it's more him. Father and brother obviously have to deal with ascension issues but where is he. Obviously he isn't part of any of this. I am sure he will be at funeral.

Let's move on from those not there.

There was a lovely picture I saw on twitter of Sophie, Andrew, Louise, Eugenie and Beatrice all in a big embrace which was just so touching. I assume likewise that those we've seen today will stay on and accompany the coffin to Edinburgh. How lovely that they've had some time, in private, to grief together and pay their last respects before the "formal business" begins.

Apparently William and Catherine are going to view flowers at Windsor - crowds have been cleared from in front of the gates where the public have been laying flowers.

According to Omid Harry will stay in the UK (I assume until the funeral). He didn't write anything about Meghan.

Yea but he is part of none of this.

In fairness to Meghan she may go back to her children. It's a long time to be away especially as persumably they are just in the cottage until the funeral or shortly before.

I am sure she will be back for funeral if she heads home to the children.

I don't know about that. She was 96 and in increasingly frail health. I'm sure they didn't expect it to happen that day, but I'm also sure they knew it was coming. My mother died this past March, and while we weren't anticipating the exact day she passed, we knew it was going to happen sooner rather than later. Thus, when she died, we were obviously greatly upset, but it wasn't like she was in the prime of health and then just keeled over.

Let's move on from those not there.

There was a lovely picture I saw on twitter of Sophie, Andrew, Louise, Eugenie and Beatrice all in a big embrace which was just so touching. I assume likewise that those we've seen today will stay on and accompany the coffin to Edinburgh. How lovely that they've had some time, in private, to grief together and pay their last respects before the "formal business" begins.

Apparently William and Catherine are going to view flowers at Windsor - crowds have been cleared from in front of the gates where the public have been laying flowers.

Yes I presume they will. So nice for them to have this time with HM before all the public stuff. Of course they missed it with Philip.

That will be lovely if they do come out.

William and Catherine will view the flowers within next 30 mins, live feed here

Last edited:
Prince of Wales statement on the late Queen
On Thursday, the world lost an extraordinary leader, whose commitment to the country, the Realms and the Commonwealth was absolute. So much will be said in the days ahead about the meaning of her historic reign.

I, however, have lost a grandmother. And while I will grieve her loss, I also feel incredibly grateful. I have had the benefit of The Queen’s wisdom and reassurance into my fifth decade. My wife has had twenty years of her guidance and support. My three children have got to spend holidays with her and create memories that will last their whole lives.

She was by my side at my happiest moments. And she was by my side during the saddest days of my life. I knew this day would come, but it will be some time before the reality of life without Grannie will truly feel real.

I thank her for the kindness she showed my family and me. And I thank her on behalf of my generation for providing an example of service and dignity in public life that was from a different age, but always relevant to us all.

My grandmother famously said that grief was the price we pay for love. All of the sadness we will feel in the coming weeks will be testament to the love we felt for our extraordinary Queen. I will honour her memory by supporting my father, The King, in every way I can.

What would be lovely if Harry and Meghan were to view the flowers with William and Catherine - I know it’s unlikely to happen, but it would be a wonderful way to mark the love the brothers share for their granny.

I may just be reading into it too much, but I saw this tweet from the Royal Family account and I thought it was interesting. I have never seen them use the 'Queen's family' like that before. I wonder if we are going to see new guidelines about who is in the 'Royal Family/House' and who is just a member of the King's Family.

Funeral confirmed for Mon 19th at Westminster Abbey and will be a bank holiday in the UK

Anne will accompany her mothers body to London - it will arrive at Buckingham Palace at 8pm Tuesday

HM will lie in state for 4 days

Last edited:
A timetable for the following days and up to the funeral on 19th has just been published - details can be seen on the BBC website.

It seems to mainly stress that it weren't just random members of the royal family but truly the Queen's family (her children, children-in-law and grandchildren). So, it made the statement more personal.

A timetable for the following days and up to the funeral on 19th has just been published - details can be seen on the BBC website.

Link to the BBC-live feed.

If I understand it correctly, the timetable is as follows:
Sunday: Balmoral - Holyrood House (Edinburgh)
Monday: Holyrood House - St. Giles Cathedral (Edinburgh) - where the people will be able to pay their respects (maybe until Tuesday morning?)
Tuesday: Edinburgh - Buckingham Palace (accompanied by the Princess Royal)
Wednesday: Buckingham Palace - Westminster Hall
Wednesday - Saturday: Westminster Hall: people will be able to pay their respects
Sunday: Westminister Hall (private?)
Monday: Westminister Hall - Westminster Abbey - St George's Chapel (funeral)

So, it seems that Sunday might be one more private day for the family to visit and have a private farewell before the public farewell on Monday - first at Westminster Abbey in London and next at St. George's Chapel in Windsor.

Harry and Meghan are with William and Catherine

I know I'm a bit late but I just joined this community; I wanted to express my sorrow for the death of beloved Queen Elizabeth and to offer my condolences to the family and all people in the Uk.

It is a very sad moment, she has been an amazing monarch and has lived an extraordinary life - she will be so missed! May she rest in peace

Back
Top Bottom