Death of HM Queen Elizabeth II: 8 September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"London Bridge" was if the Queen died in England, but as she died in Scotland the code was "Operation Unicorn."

As sad and devastated as I am, I find this kind of wonderful ❤️❤️❤️?

Rest In Peace, Bett'... You've more than earned your rest.

God save the King !

I’m further saddened that she came so close to being the longest ever reigning monarch but didn’t quite make it.

George W Bush, the former US president, has said himself and his wife Laura “were honoured to have known Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.”

He said in a statement: “She was a woman of great intellect, charm, and wit.

“Spending time at Buckingham Palace, and having tea with Her Majesty – and her Corgis – is among our fondest memories of the presidency.

“Queen Elizabeth ably led England through dark moments with her confidence in her people and her vision for a brighter tomorrow.

“Our world benefitted from her steady resolve, and we are grateful for her decades of service as sovereign. Americans in particular appreciate her strong and steadfast friendship.

“Laura and I join our fellow citizens in sending our heartfelt condolences to the Royal family and the British people.”

Source

Someone sshould point out to him that the Queen didn't just lead England.

I’m further saddened that she came so close to being the longest ever reigning monarch but didn’t quite make it.

Actually, she came nowhere near it. The longest reigning monarch ever was King Sobhuza II of Eswatini who was monarch for 82 years and 254 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Elizabeth II is the only monarch for Great Britain that I have know.

This is sad sad news.

ruaudladoube;2488336Prince William said:
William and Catherine are also now Duke and Duchess of Rothesay but the BBC has failed to mention that.

I am very sadden by the news of Her Majesty's death. Her service to the country as Head of State has been incredible during one of the fasting changing period of time. She will be immensely missed

May she rest in peace

God Save the King

Last edited:
Rest in peace Queen Elizabeth II. God Save the King .:britflag:

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said: “We mourn the death of Queen Elizabeth II. She was a role model and inspiration for millions, also here in Germany.

“Her commitment to German-British reconciliation after the horrors of World War II will remain unforgotten. She will be missed, not least her wonderful humour.

Source

Such a warm and caring statement from King Felipe of Spain. Also a wonderful gesture to lower his royal standard.

Dear People of the Royal Forum - my name is Zvika Greenberg - I am 74. I was born 1948. When I was 4 years old 1952 Elizabeth was crowned to be queen. She was born 1926 and was only 26 to be queen. At 1952 I was too young to understand what does it mean queen of England. But growing and listening to the BBC made me understand what is the queen of England. Mrs Truss who visited the queen 2 days ago got the confirmation to be the prime minister. But at her younghood she called to demolish the royal house. Me too thought in the past what revenue we have from this Royal House. But today when Sky News announced on her death I was attached to the screen and did not do anything else. To feel that she is my queen too I have to say that she was the queen of the world.

I'm still in shock. While we all knew HMQ can't live forever, we all wished for many, many years.

I am so sad. Sleep well Your Majesty.
My condolences to the new King and Queen and their family.

View attachment 303062

Windsor Castle just now. I was taking the photo of the rainbow just as the flag was lowered, before the sad news was officially announced. So for a very few moments the people of Windsor knew before the rest of the nation, which somehow feels appropriate.
What a poignant moment that must have been.

Your Majesty, time has come to say goodbye. Or not, for your life and your reign will remain in our memories for many years to come. And for those, like myself who knew no other queen throughout my all life, you will remain an example, a source of inspiration when duty, tough decisions and good deeds will come to claim my part along my path. You shall remain the mirror in wich i wish to see myself reflected, a mirror of wisdom, of kindness, of tolerance. I am not british, and so you were not « my queen », but somehow you were the queen of all of us. Or, as someone in my country , very well said today, you were « planetary ». Fair thee well

Last edited:
Guardian reports the PM's spokesperson said the UK Prime Minister was informed of the late Queen's death at 4.30pm and was told the news by the Cabinet Secretary.

Dear People of the Royal Forum - my name is Zvika Greenberg - I am 74. I was born 1948. When I was 4 years old 1952 Elizabeth was crowned to be queen. She was born 1926 and was only 26 to be queen. At 1952 I was too young to understand what does it mean queen of England. But growing and listening to the BBC made me understand what is the queen of England. Mrs Truss who visited the queen 2 days ago got the confirmation to be the prime minister. But at her younghood she called to demolish the royal house. Me too thought in the past what revenue we have from this Royal House. But today when Sky News announced on her death I was attached to the screen and did not do anything else. To feel that she is my queen too I have to say that she was the queen of the world.

Welcome and thanks for joining us here to mourn this sad occasion. There are so many people around the world who respected and looked up to The Queen and it’s hard to imagine the world without her in it.

People will be able to pay their respects to the Queen as the monarch’s coffin is expected to lie in rest for 24 hours at St Giles’ Cathedral in Edinburgh, PA reports.

It is expected that members of the public will be allowed in to the church to file past the coffin when it resides there in about three days’ time.

Source

The word "iconic" is passed around so often that at times when it really does apply...like for Queen Elizabeth Alexandra Mary...it seems to lose some of it's punch.

But Elizabeth II was an icon. She met every American president going back to Harry Truman. Imagine!

She was never the same after the loss of her husband and I am honestly relieved she didn't have to suffer long in this world without him. But how sad for her that at the end of her reign she was hit by so much scandal and sadness from within her own family.

Now she has rejoined her core family, her parents and her sister and of course Phillip.

I pray fervently for the life and health of Charles III, and for a successful reign.

My condolences to all my British friends here at TRF.

Last edited:
I don’t think the Queen met President Johnson did she, as he didn’t visit the UK during his time in the W.H? But she has certainly met all the others. And that is a long stretch of history!

I don’t think the Queen met President Johnson did she, as he didn’t visit the UK during his time in the W.H? But she has certainly met all the others. And that is a long stretch of history!

No, I heard it on our news here earlier this week when Truss became PM that LBJ was the only US President she had not met.

Has the Danish royal house released a statement? I've seen statements from the other monarchs. The Netherlands got their statement out moments after the announcement.

These words from the Australian Prime Minister truly strike a note:

There is comfort to be found in Her Majesty’s own words: “Grief is the price we pay for love.”
“This is a loss we all feel, for few have known a world without Queen Elizabeth II.”

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 303062

Windsor Castle just now. I was taking the photo of the rainbow just as the flag was lowered, before the sad news was officially announced. So for a very few moments the people of Windsor knew before the rest of the nation, which somehow feels appropriate.

What an amazing and poignant picture. Thank you for sharing it!

You are right...she didn't meet LBJ...her sister Margaret did when the Johnsons gave a State Dinner in her honor.

Thank you Curry.;)

I think Prince Philip did. He represented the Queen at JFK’s funeral in Washington as she was pregnant and couldn’t fly.

I feel we should be grateful. Grateful for her life and for her service. She gave to her country and to the world all she had to give, nobody could have asked for so much. But she gave it willingly. Who are we to ask for even more?

(I am aware I am sounding weird. To be quite clear, it is not my intention to tell anybody what to do or to feel even if I may sound like it. I am just expressing what I myself feel so strongly at this point.)
Sadness is natural and inevitable, in a way. But we are sad only because of the greatness of the gift she gave us. Her impact on the world´s history can never be undone. It will still be felt long after we are all resting in our graves. Now she has finally fulfilled her task and delivered on her promise, and this day of our mourning might, from her perspective, rather be a day of triumphant pride and well-deserved celebration.

Seeing a photo of her with President Truman spoke for itself in terms of just how long she was Queen.

Back
Top Bottom