Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 4: December 2011 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh No.. not the black tights for an evening event! Horrid. The silver dress makes her look pregnant.

The lady I assume is the presidents wife is winning in the fashion stakes. MM is going dowdy too early.

The lady I assume is the presidents wife is winning in the fashion stakes.
I have to agree with you: the Finnish First Lady definitely wins the fashion stakes for me as well.
What's with Mette-Marit and those horrible black tights? I hoped we won't see them this autumn/winter. Alas, I was wrong.

Yuck, such nice fabric on such an ugly dress. I can't think of any reason to wear this dress ever. Black tights I don't get. Maybe because I live in Florida, and its all about bare legs but I think nice silk stockings would look better.

I agree about black tights! Do not like them at all. And what's up with Mette lately?? One bad fashion choice after the other in the last few weeks.

I don't like the silver dress. The tights does not loos good with it at all.

Ahh! The black tights again! Queen sonia is wearing black sheer hose, that's ok. But this dress looks like something a girl would wear, especially with the tights.

I don't mind the black tights so much this time, but the dress really makes her look pregnant.

I love the pink on her very flattering no sleeeves would have been nicer on her though IMO

I liked the colour, I am not sure about the cut. The hairstyle is awkward.

Is this dress more pink or red? Is it new? Any idea about the designer?
BTW I don't like the bottom part.. it looks a bit gipsy..
And I really really don't like her hair tonight! and the tiara it's not enhaced at all..

I agree with you on the cut. Something looks off on the top, but the color is beautiful.

Is this dress more pink or red? Is it new? Any idea about the designer?
BTW I don't like the bottom part.. it looks a bit gipsy..
And I really really don't like her hair tonight! and the tiara it's not enhaced at all..
The dress is by Pucci.
As for the colour, I'd say it's raspberry red.

Love the dress and the style. Very 20s somehow.

Those are my sentiments as well. I think the color is simply divine, but the cut, not so much.

I love the dress! The color is fantastic and the way she styled her hair added some extra interest to the whole effect. Great outing for MM.

Mette Marit looks fantastic! The color is beautiful, and design is exquisite. I love the details of the dress. One of her best looks!

Great colour on her and there's something really interesting about the whole look. But it's not quite 'there'... A more sophisticated hairstyle could have brought it all together better, IMO.

Step aside Cinderella! Stunning! Best of night!

Last edited:
I didn't like anything in Mette-Marit's look last night. The dress is by far one of the ugliest evening dresses I have ever seen. The colour of the dress is lovely though. Her hair colour is awful and I don't like how it is parted from the middle, and I especially dislike how the tiara is on her head.

Last edited:
M-M is a risk taker, and Emilio Pucci is the king of fit. I don't see anything amiss with the cut of this dress. In fact, I think it balanced her out, since she can look wide in the hip and short in the shoulder sometimes.

As for her hair, it was very retro, and I still don't see where people complain about her hair color. The roots didn't look particularly dark? And she's Scandinavian, so the tint of her hair seems natural enough for that part of the world.

Overall, this was a wonderful outing for M-M. FWIW if she's into edgier fashion choices, this is the way to go IMO.

The dress is wonderful, nice color and the cut makes her posture so slim.
But the hair! Awful! Its like she has done it herself before minutes to go. Just all wrong!

MM looked good in her red dress ! The only thing that could be improved is her hair!! I don't think this is the best and suitable way to wear her tiny but gorgeous tiara however she used to be styled her hair in gala like that. Anyway, she was one of the best dress in yesterday's gala

I don't like the dress. The colour is too red, the T-Shirt cut hides her thick arms, but look sporty, the straps look like Herve Leger and her make- up and the tiara make her face look shiny.

Last edited:
The look is a miss for me. The colour is superb but the design is too much and not conclusive (Tshirt like top???). Hair is awful although I really like this tiara.

It doesn't suit her I'm afraid. Her figure looks even more unflattering in this gown. Great colour though, I agree!

Well, this shade of red doesn't appeal me at all. The dress itself is very interesting, but I don't think those short sleeves go well with everything else on the dress. The shape of the body is very good. I like her hair colour but that's all about it - this style doesn't fit her, it makes her look as if she had a small head compared to the size of her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom