Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 3: July 2010 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the old fashioned look to the outfit. Her hairstyle is gorgeous!

How beautiful she is and this hairstyle is divine !

She looks 30 years older! The colors are hidious!

Ugh this evening dress, separates, whatever is a complete mess. A see-through top is a no-no unless you are in your early 20s and going clubing. Complete miss for M-M on this one IMO!

A camisole should have been definitely worn under that sheer blouse. The skirt was too high-waisted and there's too much going on between the frilly blouse and horizontal rows on the skirt. I didn't care for the color combination, either. A definite miss in my book.

At first, I disliked the look. But after having seen a couple of other photos, I think the dress is gorgeous. It fits well, the color looks well on her, and it is different.
HOWEVER, the lack of proper undergarments is really inexcusable, all they needed to do was either line the blouse, or wear a camisole in nude. It looks as if she wore a white bra!
I think she is tall and slim enough to pull it off, and her hair is terrific.

:previous: Awful indeed. It was a shameful and embarrassing show of undergarments, both front and back. But you have hit the nail on the head. It is Valentino so it must be perfect and appropriate.

But, it is neither and it is certainly not what I would expect to see a mature Crown Princess wearing. That sort of youthful hubris and lack of decorum is usually the purview of 18 year old bimbette who got out without her mother spotting the obvious!

Absolutely love the look!
Very unique and exquisite. The reveling bra is ok for me, its just a dress.

The hair style is just perfect for her.

It seems like a lovely dress, but not for a crown princess. The dress looked familiar to me, and I realized that cp Marie-Chantal of Greece wore it to cp Maxima's birthday celebrations. Cp Mette-Marit has looked better in previous Valentino creations. However I loved her hair and makeup- she is a true beauty. :flowers:

At first, I disliked the look. But after having seen a couple of other photos, I think the dress is gorgeous. It fits well, the color looks well on her, and it is different.
HOWEVER, the lack of proper undergarments is really inexcusable, all they needed to do was either line the blouse, or wear a camisole in nude. It looks as if she wore a white bra!
I think she is tall and slim enough to pull it off, and her hair is terrific.

she didn t wear a white bra at all - it was nude, I guess it was the flashed that made it that visible, if you stood in front of her there was nothing wrong I guess - a beautiful dress

I just don´t get it how some posters (not you) get exited about a bit bra - where and in which century are you living pleas?????

she didn t wear a white bra at all - it was nude, I guess it was the flashed that made it that visible, if you stood in front of her there was nothing wrong I guess - a beautiful dress

I just don´t get it how some posters (not you) get exited about a bit bra - where and in which century are you living pleas?????

Mette Marit is my favorite Crown Princess. I rarely find fault with her BUT!! IMO, a future Queen should not have visible underwear. If that's a prudish thought, then so be it. She's a royal, not an actor or rockstar. They are and should be held to higher standards. If not, then what's the point of a Monarchy?

A nude camisole or light lining would have solved the visible bra.

at the banquet after the Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony
full view and close up - back view

It's Valentino as well.

Love the outfit particularly the hair.

She's a royal, not an actor or rockstar. They are and should be held to higher standards. If not, then what's the point of a Monarchy?

Sorry but you're relating the higher standards of Royals to the showing of a bra. I would love to see this bra bring down a monarchy, it would make my year. :lol: There are more important things than the flash of a camera showing the back of a bra. The close up picture was indeed very close, unless you specifically looked at MMs chest whilst stood in front of her you probably couldn't see it.

Love the hair, but I think she's way too tanned :ermm:

Agree that the bra should not be visible. I'm not getting excited or anything, it's just not elegant/classy (especially with Eveningwear), no matter which century we're living in.

Love the hair, but I think she's way too tanned :ermm:

Agree that the bra should not be visible. I'm not getting excited or anything, it's just not elegant/classy (especially with Eveningwear), no matter which century we're living in.
Agree in everything, Prisessan, thank you!:flowers:
Showing a bra isn´t a crime, but it´s tacky and that´s a fact! I don´t think it´s so rude to MM if I said that she should have worn a nude t-shirt or something underneat. If it is, I´m so sorry, but there is no way I would consider that beautiful ;)
Besides I don´t like the dress, I think her hairstyle is gorgeous. It flatters her face a lot. I love those 20´s inspired hairstyles.

Fantastic hair but I dont like the outfit - too transparent (I dont want to see a Princesses' bra, awful) and the skirt is unflattering and of a strange shape.

Dress is not bad, she's tall and colors suits her. Much better than M-C. I agree about visible bra, MM should ask about some kind of lining to cover the transparency. Great hair and make-up.

Love the dress, hair and she looks slimmer as well. One word CAMISOLE!!!! She would have looked much more "finished", IMO.

The dress is absolutely lovely for someone with MM's height. She pulled it off well but the disappointing part is that the to part was way too transparent. Hair is such a nice change and a lovely style for her so was the make up.

Crown Princess Mett-Marit's gala dress was a poor choice on her part. Her figure is blocky. This precluded her from pulling the Valentino dress off. One has to be willowy to look nice in this particular creation.

Last edited:
She looked good except for the bra. It was awful, and an embarassment. You don't put a t-shirt bra under a transparent evening gown. Mette Marit can be a beautiful woman, but she often looks horrid. Her dress style does not complement her at all. I can't imagine she has a stylist or a full length mirror! If she has the proper undergarment she would have looked amazing. Mette, call me! I can help you!

mette marit has lot quite a bit of weight, I thought she looked lovely in all of her out fits

she did t wear a white bra at all - it was nude, I guess it was the flashed that made it that visible, if you stood in front of her there was nothing wrong I guess - a beautiful dress.
You are right, from the front it wasn't visible . . . . I thought she was bra-less, and that was not a good look. The back, courtesy of flash photography, did not look nice, classy, stylish or elegant. And most certainly not what the designer envisioned. The bra, back and front, just ruined a really nice gown.

I'm sure it would look fabulous on Madonna! As to which century we are living? Ahh, that would be this one. One can only say that elegance is timeless, thankfully poor taste is not!

at the banquet after the Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony
full view and close up - back view

It's Valentino as well.

If I remember correctly, MC of Greece has worn the same dress this year (Maxima's birthday?). I definitely like it better on a tall woman like MM. Overall I think she looks lovely and unique indeed. I also have to agree about the bra - looks nude to me and I'm pretty certain it wasn't visible "in real", but via the flash-lights it becomes visible in pics...

:previous:

Thanks for the link! :flowers: It's not an "easy dress" - I think it looks best on the model. I just think it's not that easy to wear for anyone and I must say I think that both, MC and MM, look maybe a bit too tanned for this dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom