Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: April - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this may be off topic but I wanted to know when Frederick becomes king, will Mary be referred to as Queen Mary or Princess Mary. As currently, Queen Margrethe's husband Henrik is referred to as Prince Henrik.
Also, another question, again off topic, in the British royal family, I heard that if the if the sovereign's spouse belongs to a royal family, he/she is referred to as King/Queen, otherwise they are called Prince/Princess.
Anyone care to enlighten me!!!
thanks

pdas1201 said:
I know this may be off topic but I wanted to know when Frederick becomes king, will Mary be referred to as Queen Mary or Princess Mary. As currently, Queen Margrethe's husband Henrik is referred to as Prince Henrik.
Also, another question, again off topic, in the British royal family, I heard that if the if the sovereign's spouse belongs to a royal family, he/she is referred to as King/Queen, otherwise they are called Prince/Princess.
Anyone care to enlighten me!!!
thanks
The way it was explained to me, the title "King" holds more "power" and therefore if the naturalborne heir to the throne is a female and therefore a Queen the spouse would be termed "Prince" as a Prince holds less "power" then a Queen and that would satisfy the "power struggle."

In the British family it is the same way. Prince Philip was a member of the Greek Royal family before marrying Princess Elizabeth (now Queen Elizabeth II), and he is still refered to as Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh.

Hope this helps, and that I am right, however when you look at the explanation it does make sense!

julial said:
Well, Mary was not a royal beforehand, so if she is brushing up a lot after marriage such as braces, I suppose it is understood. Mary has a different personality than Alex-Alex knows how to behave much better than Mary-mary`s attitude is much more Neuvo than Alex.
Alex knows how to behave better than Mary .... indeed! Sorry, I can't agree. Not because I think Mary behaves better than Alex or anything, but because I don't think there's really a "right way to behave" (as long as they don't hurt others). I think people have to do what feels comfortable for them, as long as they're not mean to others. And don't really think Mary's been mean to anyone, eventhough she might look nervous in some pics (which others have interpreted as being stuck up... I don't think that's right, because she was at her most "stuck up" (sic) during the engagement dinner/ luxembourg state dinner, and she had no reason to be stuck up there, but she had every reason to be nervous! everything being new to her and all)...

I mean I'm not really a big fan of some of the princesses that are really popular on some of these message boards, but that's just me, and we're not all the same.

I personally think that Mary's nervousness is very sweet. To me, it makes her very human and easier to relate to, as opposed to some others who seem perfect from the word go. I also think the recent pics of Mary (Summer Cruise/ Greenland/ Health Week at Fredenborg/ motorway opening etc) show a really sweet princess who takes the time to connect with those around her. I'm sure the people who go to see her appreciate it. There are some princesses who are content to just greet the people they have to greet (the flower girl/boy and the officials) and then wave to the rest of the hoard (quite understandable though), whereas Mary goes out and shakes hands with a lot of people. I mean if I turned up to see a princess, I too would love it more if the princess took the time to shake hands with the people, instead of just giving us a 3 minute glimpse and then disappearing inside the building! I mean c'mon... seriously, wouldn't you?

Last edited:
I agree! I don't think Mary's behavior has been at all rude or bad. Neuvo to me would mean snobby and I haven't felt that at all.

Nice to hear that Mary is revovering from a gall stone operation!

My mom had the same type of operation done a couple of years ago and since they only made small incisions and she has the type of tissue tha theals well, she has almost no scars left! I have a big risk of having gall stones developing since many in my family have had the operation.

I am recovering still from a small dental surgery having had my wisdom tooth surgically removed... In a month I will have last two removed... So I hope Mary recovers soon, it is not a nice thing being a patient!

galuhcandrakirana said:
I don't know what is a gallstone desease... does anybody could tell me what kind of desease is it? Thanks.

Here you go...galucandrakirana....quiet a mouthful...lol

Gall stones symptoms are said to be as painful as childbirth. Pain in your abdomen and even mid upper back may be gallstones.

Gallstones are said to be as painful as childbirth. If you have been having pain in your abdomen and even your mid-upper back, you may have gallstones. Although gallstones have the potential of being dangerous, with treatment they are preventable and treatable. So, here we ask the question, "What are gallstones?"

To know what gallstones are, we first have to know what our gallbladder is and what its function is in the body. The gallbladder is one of the expendature organs in the digestive system, as well as the liver and pancreas. All three of these organs assist in the process of digestion by contributing specific secretions called enzymes. These enzymes are absolutely essential for normal digestion. The gallbladder itself is a pear shaped sac that sits under the liver. The function of the gallbladder is to store and concentrate bile and release it into the duodenum during the process of digestion.

Cholecystitis is defined as the inflammation of the gallbladder. Cholecystitis is more common in women than men and obese people and/or people, such as handicapped or elderly, who cannot get around as well or are immobile are more likely to be affected by this disorder, and it is also more common in pregnant women and in diabetics. Cholecystitis, or gallbladder inflammation or infection can be caused by an obstruction which would be gallstones. Because the bile cannot leave the gallbladder, the bile builds up, and becomes concentrated, irritating the gallbladder. About 10% of people in the United States have gallstones, and about 6000 people per year, die from it. Stones are composed primarily of cholesterol, bilirubin and calcium. They may be large in size, measuring inches across, or very small, almost microscopic. Of course the larger they are, the more painful they will be.

The cause of gallstones is not completely understood. It is generally believed that gallstones form when the bile excreted by the liver is abnormally high in cholesterol. Individuals with high cholesterol may therefore, be predisposed to developing gallstones.

When the stone is pushed from the gallbladder into the bile duct, it causes extreme pain in the upper right side of the abdomen. This pain is called biliary colic. Biliary colic comes and goes in waves of pain like spasms. The pain may spread to the right shoulder and to the back between the shoulder blades. If the stone stays stuck, the gallbladder gets inflamed and becomes infected. Other symptoms include:

decreased appetite

severe pain, especially after eating fatty meal

nausea and vomiting

low grade fever

taking deep breaths may make pain worse

abdominal distention

flatulence (gas)

elevated cholesterol level

Note that people may have mild attacks, and ignore them until he becomes jaundice, which by then, there should be substantial pain. In an acute attack, there will be nausea and possibly vomiting and severe pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen. When there is severe pain there are usually also symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, profuse sweating and severe upper right quadrant pain. Gallstones are routinely discovered when doing routine chest xrays. Some mild attacks may be treated with oral medications. And unless there are symptoms, sometimes nothing is done. These medicines dissolve the stones over years. Surgery is done to remove gallstones when there is recurrent pain and stones. Some doctors feel surgery should be done on acute (infected) gallstones to prevent rupture, like an appendix. Others believe its best to wait until the acute attack subsides. In gallbladder surgery or a cholecystectomy, an incision is made just under rib cage in the upper right quadrant of the abdomen. Another method uses a laparoscope, which is less invasive procedure. The incisions of much smaller and recovery time is quicker. Prevention entails eating low fat diet and watch you choleserol level.

Last edited by a moderator:
julial said:
Well, Mary was not a royal beforehand, so if she is brushing up a lot after marriage such as braces, I suppose it is understood. Mary has a different personality than Alex-Alex knows how to behave much better than Mary-mary`s attitude is much more Neuvo than Alex.
And you would know Mary's personality and attitude as well as Alex's personality and attiude because??? what people present to the public eye is barely the REAL them.

pdas1201 said:
Gall stones symptoms are said to be as painful as childbirth. Pain in your abdomen and even mid upper back may be gallstones.

Gallstones are said to be as painful as childbirth. If you have been having pain in your abdomen and even your mid-upper back, you may have gallstones. Although gallstones have the potential of being dangerous, with treatment they are preventable and treatable. So, here we ask the question, "What are gallstones?"

My mum had massive gall stones removed just after my brother was born. She used to collapse from the pain all the time and couldn't remember what happened. Needless to say, it would have been quite scary, especially for my dad seeing my mum on the floor all the time. :eek: Anyway, I hope none of this happened to Mary and that she recovers quickly. :)

Britters said:
The way it was explained to me, the title "King" holds more "power" and therefore if the naturalborne heir to the throne is a female and therefore a Queen the spouse would be termed "Prince" as a Prince holds less "power" then a Queen and that would satisfy the "power struggle."

In the British family it is the same way. Prince Philip was a member of the Greek Royal family before marrying Princess Elizabeth (now Queen Elizabeth II), and he is still refered to as Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh.

Hope this helps, and that I am right, however when you look at the explanation it does make sense!
This also means that Mary in time will be referred to as queen. :)

Can anyone believe the French royal magazine 'Point de Vue' has published a story 'confirming' Crown Princess Mary is pregnant ... when there has been no announcement from the Danish Palace !!

I thought that 'Point de Vue' was not a gossip magazine more like a magazine that reports events

Well, it is gossip when it hasn't been confirmed.....and it really hasn't! But we know that they're not right :D

I have rarely found a story in "Point de Vue" that hasn't been true...so maybe they know something we don't. However at the present moment we have nothing to go on other then the surgeons negative pregnancy test before the Crown Princess's surgery...so maybe their source got the story wrong...it happens every once in a while. Even in respectable magazines...at any rate, I will continue hoping the Crown Princess has a quiet and quick recovery, and if/when the Royal House chooses to announce a pregnancy, I will rejoice then...but not before!

frederik and mary in vogue

It the december issue and i will and then tell you guys soon.so their photos off them to.
billie-jo

Some pics of Mary from the Vogue Magazine.
(from GRMB website)

She truly looks very elegant, I hope we get to see her doing engagements soon...

Attachments

• vogue_narrowweb__200x268,1.jpg
    vogue_narrowweb__200x268,1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 827
  • mary2_gallery__411x550.jpg
    mary2_gallery__411x550.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,768
  • mary_fred_gallery__479x550.jpg
    mary_fred_gallery__479x550.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 879
  • mary1_gallery__435x550.jpg
    mary1_gallery__435x550.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 10,365
Last edited:
Will they also be in the european Vogue?Nice pics,like a model...

Great video...Kirstie said "Mary tried all the dresses and loved all of them"

It sounds like Australian respects her alot ! may be another way of showing the respect.

Great pictures pdas1201!

Very glamorous portraits of Mary. All of the dresses she wore in this photo shoot are gorgeous, from the colour and parue brooch of the plum-coloured dress, to the sparkling and beaded dress with matching jacket, the shimmery dress with floral jacket to the essential little black dress.

My only gripe is that in the second picture with the beaded dress and matching jacket it seems that Mary is wearing black knee high boots -- what a way to ruin an otherwise beautiful outfit. The boots are so awful with that dress but if it was in "high fashion" to wear them, at least wear cream or beige coloured boots, something not so stark that you think more about the boots than the CP or her gorgeous dress.

i really liked the pictures, but... do you think a future queen should pose for a magazine, and more if the magazine is not from 'her' country, in this case denmark? i don't find it particularly good...

pdas1201 said:
Some pics of Mary from the Vogue Magazine.
(from GRMB website)

She truly looks very elegant, I hope we get to see her doing engagements soon...
Thanks for posting these. She's very elegant and beautiful, very dignified as well.

Let's hope she'll have a speedy recovery!

I agree with you, Carlota. Some of this new Crown Princesses think that being future Queen is just posing and smiling.
mary is not a model (and she's elegant but not too pretty to be a model), she's a princess so I also don't find particularly good posing to a magazine like Vogue.

Thank you.

Marvelus pics, came some more!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also agree with you, Carlota and Regina. I don´t have a problem with pics of Royals made of fashion-photographers. They are a nice variety to "official" and Paparazzi pictures. But I´ve a problem with it, that Mary is posing in a Prada-dress. It´s beautiful, no doubt, but it changes Mary from a princess to a model for Prada. Of course Mary can´t be photographed naked, but couldn´t she have worn a dress of a danish designer (which would have been a litte bit "touchy" too...a princess should try to seem independent) and couldn´t she have posed for a danish magazine??
That being said...the pictures are great. The dresses all fit to her natural beauty and to her shape...maybe I wouldn´t have chosen the second picture (Mary in the beige dress) for the magazine...her facial expression looks odd in it.

I forgot to say what you, lena, wrote just now. The pictures are great and the dresses are perfect for her. I have no problem in saying this, but mary should have chosen a danish magazine and posing with a national dress, like Victoria of Sweeden and her sister usually do.
In Spain there were months ago a huge controversy with some female ministres who decided to pose to Vogue with some haute couture dresses...
If they want to be admired for their inteligence they shouldn't do things that are exclusive to models. A future queen is not a model, is a representant of her new country. I don't find that posing to a foreign fashion magazine using Prada will give any benefit to Denmark.

Black and white picture

Hi
Diana did Vouge too. Who designed the dress in the black and white photo?? Don't look very Prada to me.

Out of curiosity, for those who are opposed to princesses (here Mary) posing for magazines (any) magazine, whether of their home country or not, what if it was done for charity or in the name of a good cause?

Like if part of the proceeds from this Australian Vogue issue went to a charity of Mary's choice or if Mary were interviewed discussing a charity she supports -- then would the support be there for such magazine photo sessions?

Just curious ...

This is just my opinion.
So far I have read and seen a lot about Mary...I am sorry to say it but there is something that really boders me about her. I don't see her pretty as some other princesses and I don't see anything beautiful in this pictures. The second picture is awful. The dresses are nice...Mary scares me. I understand that you don't need to be pretty to be a princess, but her attitude and everything else boders me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom