Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current Events Part 8

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Máxima live in Brussels before her engagement because she had a job there.

Emily said:
A couple of questions: first, Catherine -- are you reading these posts and just not active here these days? I am missing your commentaries! Also, does anyone know what upcoming events are for the the Duke and Duchess of Brabant?
Well in the thread on Prince Emmanuel thread, Emilia posted that a news report about Princess Alexia's baptism said that Prince Emmanuel would be baptized half December.

When did the two women met? Did they only meet after Maxima became involved with W-A?

Emily said:
Emilia, do you know if maxima went to live in Brussels specifically to learn protocol and receive other "training" in that way? Or was she there for a job? I agree with you, I also enjoy these two the most but I am slightly partial to Mathilde at this point!

When Maxima got engaged with W-A , she moved to Brussel for her job ( Like Jelka said) because Brussel is closer than N-Y;) .It wasn't for the job , because Maxima and Alex met eachother in 99 , in Spain , and then Maxima worked in New-York .If she wasn't going the marry Alex , she never had moved to Brussel I think . Then you maybe think , " why didn't she go to straight to Amsterdam ?". Well , in Holland there were already rumours , so she wouldn't get much rest . She "got" a job in Brussel . There she could prepare for her role as Princess . In Royal magazine's they told that Filip and Mathilde helped her with learning the rules of the protocol .Ofcourse , I don't know it's true . But I'm shure that Maxima and Mathilde met eachother when Maxima lived in Brussel . Why others she went visiting Mathilde in Hospital ?

I think to sum it up - Maxima and W-A met in Spain in 99', Maxima was living in New York at the time and W-A was living in Amsterdam.
Maxima must have moved to Brussels to be closer to W-A without moving to Amsterdam with all of the media attention.
Phillipe and Mathilde were already married then (I think) and must have been friends of W-A. She was probably introduced to them and not only became friends with them but they may have also helped her to learn the ropes of royal life before moving to Amsterdam and officially announcing the relationship.

Emily said:
A couple of questions: first, Catherine -- are you reading these posts and just not active here these days? I am missing your commentaries! Also, does anyone know what upcoming events are for the the Duke and Duchess of Brabant?

According to the official website for the royal family Mathilde has no upcoming events.
Philippe is at the moment on an economic mission to Brazil, which I believe he'll be on until the 26th. On December 1st he'll be at the opening of Hotel Metropole in Brussels for the 23rd Solvayraad for Physics. On December 7th he'll be visiting NV Alpro in Wevelgem. On December 12th he'll be visiting SABCA in Brussels, which has something to do with Airbus A380.

Sorry, I'm not too sure what Philippe's events are about. I don't speak Flemish or French, so I'm not sure what some of the words mean, and how else to explain it. This was just what I could make out.:eek: I'm sure someone who understands the languages can be of better help.:)

From the official website: Prince Phillipes engagements.

19/11/05 to (unsure)
Economic mission in Brazil, organized by the Agency for the Trade foreign in close cooperation with the regional services of foreign trade (AWEX, Brussels Export and Flanders Investment & Trade). Mr. Marc Verwilghen, Minister for the Economy, Energy, Foreign Trade and Scientific Policy, will accompany the Prince as members of the federal government and Mr. Jean-Claude Marcourt, Minister of Foreign Trade of the Walloon Area, will take part in the mission as a member of the regional government.

01/12/05
Opening at the Metropolitan Hotel? in Brussels, of the 23rd Council of Solvay Physique. This meeting, which falls under a tradition launched in 1911 by Ernest Solvay, will bring together Belgian and foreign physicists, among whom several Nobel Prize winners, for a session of three days work which will be devoted to the "quantum structure of space - time" and with the possibility of linking the two current fundamental theories: the theory of relativity of Einstein and the theory of quantum physics.

07/12/05
Visit work at Alpro SA in Wevelgem. This visit is done under the sign of the set of themes of ` the company durable' Alpro produces a varied range of natural foods containing soya.

12/12/05
Visit work to the SABCA in Brussels. With this occasion, the Prince inaugurates the new assembly hall of the A380 Airbus.

And, as Mette said, Mathilde doesn't have any engagements scheduled according to the official website.

Thank you all for the information. I really appreciate it.

I wonder if someone can help me locate a picture of Mathilde? I saw a photo of her in a navy or black outfit, wearing a matching hat with a large flower on the front right of the same color -- and I believe the picture was labeled from a 'Te Deum' in 2004. But I looked up the autumn King's Day celebrations and this is not what she was wearing. I am trying to find a full length photo of the outfit -- can anyone give me a lead about a thread I can look in?

Another addition to the Maxima-Mathilde friendship : to celebrate their engagement (of Maxima and WA I mean) a private party was held at the castle of Terhulpen in Belgium. It was very private, to be able to let Maxima's parents be there as well. Mathilde & Filip were also present at this party.

Emily, I think you're referring to the Te Deum that's held every year in February to commemorate the deceased members of the Belgian RF. You'll find pictures of Mathilde wearing that blue coat with the blue hat+flower in the section on royal fashion under Mathilde's hats.

Bless your hearts Hannelore and Layla -- those are exactly the pictures I am looking for! Thank you!

Layla1971 said:
I think to sum it up - Maxima and W-A met in Spain in 99', Maxima was living in New York at the time and W-A was living in Amsterdam.
Maxima must have moved to Brussels to be closer to W-A without moving to Amsterdam with all of the media attention.
Phillipe and Mathilde were already married then (I think) and must have been friends of W-A. She was probably introduced to them and not only became friends with them but they may have also helped her to learn the ropes of royal life before moving to Amsterdam and officially announcing the relationship.

thanks for the better explantion , my way of english can be very bad;)
xxx

Can anyone comment on the relationship between Beatrix and Albert/Paola? It seems the Crown Princely couples enjoy each other so I am wondering if their parents do?

Emily said:
Bless your hearts Hannelore and Layla -- those are exactly the pictures I am looking for! Thank you!

You're welcome Emily! I was happy to help, but I couldn't have found the pics without Hannelore's help!:)

Emilia said:
thanks for the better explantion , my way of english can be very bad;)
xxx

That's ok! Most of the time I explain myself badly, and english is my first language! You do well considering english is your second language.:) ;)

selminha said:
When it will be the baptism of the Emmanuel?:)

I don't think that anything is scheduled after the 12th of December, but I did hear something about half way through December. I'm sure they'll post it on the official site as soon as an announcement is made.

Prince Philippe of Belgium, center, watches a presentation at the Brazilian brewer AmBev's headquarters, in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2005. Prince Philippe is on a six-day official visit to Brazil

From polfoto

Attachments

• AP476365_guest.jpg
    AP476365_guest.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 276
selminha said:
When it will be the baptism of the Emmanuel?:)

Half December. It will be a private ceremony at the chapel castle of Ciergnon, like for Elisabeth & Gabriël.

fanletizia said:
Prince Philippe of Belgium, center, watches a presentation at the Brazilian brewer AmBev's headquarters, in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2005. Prince Philippe is on a six-day official visit to Brazil

From polfoto

Thanks! The prince is on economic mission in Brazil.

he looks good in this pic!

fanletizia said:

From polfoto

it's a shame when Philippe travels without Mathilde, the coverage seems to be so few.
It's been several days into his visit and we only saw 1 photo.

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
it's a shame when Philippe travels without Mathilde, the coverage seems to be so few.
It's been several days into their visit and we only saw 1 photo.

indeed! i had no idea he was even going to brazil until today.

purple_platinum said:
It's been several days into his visit and we only saw 1 photo.

Yes, it's strange there haven't been more pictures of his visit. I just had a look at some of the photo agencies, but couldn't find any.:( There were a lot of pictures when he went to Japan alone on an economic mission earlier this year, so I hope this is the first picture of many.
Thank you very much for the picture Fanletizia,:) and Hannelore I agree with you that Philippe looks good in the picture.:)

Mette2 said:
Yes, it's strange there haven't been more pictures of his visit. I just had a look at some of the photo agencies, but couldn't find any.:( There were a lot of pictures when he went to Japan alone on an economic mission earlier this year, so I hope this is the first picture of many.
Thank you very much for the picture Fanletizia,:) and Hannelore I agree with you that Philippe looks good in the picture.:)

yes, it was probably because he visited aichi world exposition, that lots other royals visited. but, i'm quite dissapointed. belgapic usually provide good photos of belgian royal family but this time they didn't. :eek: :(

purple_platinum said:
yes, it was probably because he visited aichi world exposition, that lots other royals visited. but, i'm quite dissapointed. belgapic usually provide good photos of belgian royal family but this time they didn't. :eek: :(

That's probably it then. A lot of royals certainly did visit Japan this year. Belga finally had some pictures, but unfortunately only two.:( Hope we'll get to see more pictures either from Belga or another photo agency.

Pictures from Belga.

November 23rd 2005.

1) Philippe during a meeting with Brazilian Energy and Mines Minister Silas Rondeau at the Energy and Mines Ministry in Brazilia.

2) Philippe looks on during a visit at the Brazilian National Congress in Brazilia.

Attachments

• p3632580.jpg
    p3632580.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 186
  • p3632515.jpg
    p3632515.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 310
According to the official website Mathilde will be handing out her own prize on December 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom