Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 18

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we do tend to forget the Belgian Royal family sometimes, even though Prince Philippe and Princess Matilde are very active royals who compliment each other so well. Very popular and much loved by the Belgian people. Then again Prince Philippe is as dashing as Princess Matilda is beautiful. Fashion wise, she almost always gets it right. I did so enjoy the photographs from the post Iceflower submitted.

Last edited:

Princess Mathilde attended the start of the 'reading aloud week' (Voorleesweek) of Stichting Lezen,
at the Primary school Spermalie, in Brugge, Friday 18 November 2011. The Koninklijk Instituut Spermalie,
a school for children with hearing disorder or reduced impairment, also celebrates its 175th anniversary
this year.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery ** isopix gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't like it, the stripes on the trousers are "too much". It don't match with the rest...

Crown Princess Mathilde attended a round table meeting on human traficking, organized by Sürya,
Payoke and Pag-Asa, in Liege, Thursday 24 November 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

Crown Prince Philippe also today attended a ceremony to mark the end of the NATO operation
'Unified Protector' in Libya, at the Base 1 Wing in Beauvechain.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** isopix **

** rtl.be video: Le Prince Philippe remercie les militaires belges **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: 'Unified Protector' Closing Ceremony And Awards Hosted By Prince Philippe Of Belgium **

Last edited:

As every year in December Princess Mathilde has met the relatives of soldiers who take part in
peacekeeping operations. The event is organized by the Department of Defence and took place
at the Quartier Militaire Major Housiau in Peutie today.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Princess Mathilde Attends Family Information National Day **

** belga gallery ** isopix gallery **

** nieuwsblad.be video: Prinses op familiedag defensie **

** FOTOSPECIAL. Prinses Mathilde bezoekt families van militairen in het buitenland **

** rtbf.be: La princesse Mathilde rencontre les familles des militaires en mission **

Last edited:

Crown Prince Philippe attended a reception to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the bilateral
diplomatic relations between Belgium and the People's Republic of China (PRC) at the Chinese
embassy in Brussels on December 9, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Killings in Liège

After the King and the Queen yesterday, Philippe and Mathilde will visit Liège today to see the victims.:sad:

Last edited:
Princess Mathilde’s outfit is really beautiful but not for visiting wounded victims.

Christmas Family Pics 2011

The annual Christmas pics of the family have been released today!

The pics were taken shortly before Princess Elisabeth's birthday in October,
some other pics of that photo session had already been released back then.

All seven are lovely, my favourites are number 1 and 7 :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Love the picture.
They are growing up very fast.

1 and 7 are also my favorites :flowers:

:previous:

Indeed, especially cute Eléonore has grown that much (especially if you look at her single portrait) :flowers:

Crown Prince Philippe today, December 15, attended the award ceremony for the National Trophy
of Sports Merit (Trophee National du Merite Sportif - Nationale Trofee foor sportverdienste) 2012,
at Brussels City Hall.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Thank you for the pictures, iceflower :flowers:. I think my favorites from the shot are of Elisabeth painting and Eleonore running. Very natural and lovely.

Mine 1, 6 and 7. Thank you very much for the pictures!
Eleonore is a real "d'Udekem d'Acoz". She looks terribly like her mother and the eldest like prince Philip (Emmanuel is the portret of King Albert when he was little)

My favourite one is pic 5. Everything in the pic is lovely. The idea, the colou, Elisabeth's position but the best is her smile

Why are they only so small available? Very unusual for offical photos!

Lovely pix but too small, I can't really see the details !

The official website published the small versions and directed the readers to another official site
where one was able to buy the pics in better quality. Maybe we'll get to see better versions on
a news site or magazine that bought them :)

Today Crown Prince Philippe together with Crown Prince Willem-Alexander attended a conference
on logistics in the Flemish-Dutch Delta-region of the provinces Noord-Brabant and Antwerp, at
the Provinciehuis in Antwerp.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery ** belga gallery ** ppe gallery **

Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde attended a remembrance ceremony
for the victims of last week's hand grenade and automatic rifle attack in Liege, Tuesday,
December 20, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery ** ppe gallery **

Without watermarks:

** daylife/gettyimages/reuters gallery **

** 7sur7.be: Cérémonie d'hommage à Liège **

** nieuwsblad.be: Eerbetoon op Place Saint-Lambert voor slachtoffers aanslag Luik **

** zimbio: Prince Philippe And Princess Mathilde Of Belgium Pay Tribute To the Victims Of Place Saint-Lambert **

** purepeople: Le prince Philippe et la princesse Mathilde, endeuillés, se recueillent à Liège **

Last edited:

The Queen Fabiola Children's Hospital (Hôpital Universitaire des Enfants Reine Fabiola) celebrated its 25th
anniversary with a ceremony at the Academies Palace in Brussels yesterday, December 21. Crown Princess
Mathilde paid tribute to the only hospital in Belgium solely devoted to the care of children.

Here's a short video:

** deredactie.be: L’Hôpital Reine Fabiola fête ses 25 ans **

Vice-Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Didier Reynders (MR French-speaking liberals) and Crown
Prince Philippe attended the funeral ceremony of former Czech Republic president Vaclav Havel,
Friday, December 23, 2011 in Prague, Czech Republic.

Havel was the last president of Czechoslovakia and the first President of the Czech Republic. He
was also a writer of mostly poetry, plays and nonfiction works.

** Pic ** belga gallery ** anp gallery **

did they already went to Turkey and Australia? Vietnam and Japan yes I think...

Yes the have been to Australia but it was in the early 2000's. Can't wait to see them come down under, I wonder where they are visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom