Christening Of Odysseas Kimon

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
agisele said:
Btw. I like what Marie-Chantal wore to the christening, i thought that it was nice, casual and perfect for a summer's day.
Mette-Marit and her evening wear, definately a very positive change, she looked absolutely spectacular.
Marie-Chantal and her choice of the Valentino gown? Very nice in my opinion, but it looked as though she was showing a bit too much skin. But hey, that's just a personal preference.

I agree that she looked nice for a summer's day but for a christening, especially her son's christening I think she should have chosen a more conservative dress.

There are a few more photos of the baptism at the Greek Life & Style website. These are from inside the church. I love the lighting in the one of M-C, O-K, and the priest.

http://www.lifeandstyle.gr/

samitude said:
There are a few more photos of the baptism at the Greek Life & Style website. These are from inside the church. I love the lighting in the one of M-C, O-K, and the priest.

It's indeed a beautiful picture....

Attachments

• t55-cover-home1.jpg
    t55-cover-home1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 5,270
samitude said:

What great pics Samitude! I'm not sure how long they keep the photos up on their website, so I thought I'd attach them here. The cover of the mag of the whole family is probably my favorite!

Attachments

• t54_cover.jpg
    t54_cover.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,425
  • t54_cover2.jpg
    t54_cover2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 5,422
  • t54_cover_intro.jpg
    t54_cover_intro.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,267
  • t55-cover1.jpg
    t55-cover1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 3,227
  • t55-cover2.jpg
    t55-cover2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 2,586
  • t55-cover3.jpg
    t55-cover3.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2,433
  • t55-cover-intro.jpg
    t55-cover-intro.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,215
  • t55-eksofillo_.jpg
    t55-eksofillo_.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,327
Is there a clearer picture of Odysseas with his godparents? There's usually a group shot, isn't there?
Yeah, I do wonder where Pia and Alexandra were, maybe they were just there but weren't photographed? but even if that happened, if would've been very strange.

marezdote said:
Thanks for the pictures eveyone. Weren't the other childrens christinings in London? Why was this on in Greece?

Actually, Maria-Olympia's christening took place in Istanbul, Turkey as opposed to London where her two younger brothers were christened.

Really??
She was christened in Istanbul? I didn't know that.
Why was she christened there?
Julia

no idea. they were probably looking for some place exotic to christen their daughter?

The Orthodox Ecoumenical Patriarchate

is there,and His Eminence ,The Patriarch baptised Her,with His hands an blessings.......

Olympia seems to be quite a big girl now, and she is not yet 9 years old. And look how nice she takes care of the little brother. She also has beautiful long plaits.
But MC could at last cut her hairs, a long fair hear is horrible. Dark hairs can be nice when they are long, but not fair hears. Never. It is just a pack of colourless nothing.

Did Mette Marit really bring her illegitimate son to the party? Unbelievable! But perhaps he was invited, too. Yes, must have been. Quite a broadminded thought of the hosts, it is. And yes, she was a godmother of Odysseas Kimon.

agisele said:
no idea. they were probably looking for some place exotic to christen their daughter?

Really? In Istambul? But they are "fierce" Moslems in Turkey, aren't they! How in earth did they choose that kind of a place for the place for christening of a dear baby? :confused:

Alexandra said:
Did Mette Marit really bring her illegitimate son to the party? Unbelievable! But perhaps he was invited, too. Yes, must have been. Quite a broadminded thought of the hosts, it is. And yes, she was a godmother of Odysseas Kimon.

Jesus Christ said:"Let children come to me" In Christenings Jesus Christ is A PRESENCE!! HE COMES TO MEET THE NEWCOMER , HIS FRIENDS,AND IF THE CHILDREN ARE STILL COMING TO HIM !!!!I PELIEVE HE WAS HAPPY WITH WHAT HE SAW!!!

Alexandra said:
Really? In Istambul? But they are "fierce" Moslems in Turkey, aren't they! How in earth did they choose that kind of a place for the place for christening of a dear baby? :confused:

THE LITTLE PRINCESS,was baptised in Constantinoupolis (today's Instanbul)!Maybe Moslems don't like christians,but they respect the King and The Royal Prince of Greece!!

cuervo said:
Jesus Christ said:"Let children come to me" In Christenings Jesus Christ is A PRESENCE!! HE COMES TO MEET THE NEWCOMER , HIS FRIENDS,AND IF THE CHILDREN ARE STILL COMING TO HIM !!!!I PELIEVE HE WAS HAPPY WITH WHAT HE SAW!!!

Oh yes, you are quite right, that is true! Very true. I agree with you.

And I did not mean just the christening. Sorry. I was pointing the way she is trying to push her illegitimate son into royal circles. That boy is not a royal, everybody knows that, it is a fact!

Last edited:
Alexandra said:

And I did not mean just the christening. Sorry. I was pointing the way she is trying to push her illegal son into royal circles. That boy is not a royal, everybody knows that, it is a fact!

HE IS STILL HAPPY!!HE IS VERY GOOD LOOKING!JESUS HIMSELF WAS OF ROYAL GENERATION THAT IS WHY HE WAS SPEAKING TO ALL THE PEOPLE,AND STILL SPEAKS INTO THEIR HEARTS THE LAST 2000 YEARS!!!!

Alexandra said:

And I did not mean just the christening. Sorry. I was pointing the way she is trying to push her illegal son into royal circles. That boy is not a royal, everybody knows that, it is a fact!

No one is trying to claim that MM's son is royal, but he IS a sweet little boy who is a member of their family. I'm sure he was invited. Just because a child isn't a member of the royal house doesn't mean he doesn't belong there.

Alexandra said:

I find it quite provocative as well but on the other hand the sweet little boy has done nothing wrong to be dealing with accusations of not being royal...I'd rather put the blame on the Crown Prince and his choices.

There are no "blames"

for anyone here...be couse we are dealing with the philosophy of whole relegious doctrine.Emperors of the past were building huge churches for their marriages for the christenings of their Princes,and the whole city was invited!!Ceremonies holding for days!!!Yes,'Blame' Pavlos and M.C for this!!They sure wanted the whole world to be there!!

Congratulations

to R.P.Pavlos and Marie-Chantal for the Ceremony of Prince O.K. christening

cuervo said:
for anyone here...be couse we are dealing with the philosophy of whole relegious doctrine.Emperors of the past were building huge churches for their marriages for the christenings of their Princes,and the whole city was invited!!Ceremonies holding for days!!!Yes,'Blame' Pavlos and M.C for this!!They sure wanted the whole world to be there!!

cuervo, you probably misunderstood me. I was most certainly not referring to the Crown Prince Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and the people they invited at the christening but to the Crown Prince of Norway and his decision to marry Mette-Marit.

Last edited:
What's wrong with Prince Haakon decision to Marry Mette - marit??

Alexandra said:

I am so sorry to read these words.
Why are you calling Marius illegitimate? As far as I know he has a mother and a father. From wich side you consider him illegitimate?

Of course he must have been invited. I have never seen the Royal Family of Norway hiding Marius. I still remember their first Christmas Cards with Marius. Why should Mette hide her own child?!:(

The hosts only showed with this gesture how much caring they are towards the Godmother of their child. point for them)

Regards.

mtbcm said:
I am so sorry to read these words.
Why are you calling Marius illegitimate? As far as I know he has a mother and a father. From wich side you consider him illegitimate?

Of course he must have been invited. I have never seen the Royal Family of Norway hiding Marius. I still remember their first Christmas Cards with Marius. Why should Mette hide her own child?!:(

The hosts only showed with this gesture how much caring they are towards the Godmother of their child. point for them)

Regards.

I total agree with you , we dont live in the middle ages any more ,
Marius is just as welcome as any other child even if he hasnt any royal blood in him
who care's at the end of the day. he's just a little boy

sm1939 said:
What's wrong with Prince Haakon decision to Marry Mette - marit??
Must we all worship Mette-Marit and her glorious past? Please sm1939, give me a break...

no I dont think we all have to worship Mette marit , but I dont think for one moment she would of brought up her " Glorious" past if the press had not be snooping around so thats why she had to talk about her life, and say sorry , (sorry for what ) because I think if you dig deep enough you can get dirty out of any ones life! ( thats if your old enough to have a life ) (and I dont mean taking drugs is having a life )

prm79 said:
Must we all worship Mette-Marit and her glorious past? Please sm1939, give me a break...

There is actually quite a difference between worshipping someone and just being fair. It is unfair to blame MEtte-Marit for trying to push her son into royal circles. She has got countless advisors who would definitely have told her if she'd try to do something bad-mannered such as bringing her child uninvited. So I think it's safe to assume that he's been invited. Which is not Mette-Marit's fault.

(BTW Mette-Marit's become royal by marriage, so should she put her son up for adoption to keep him from contaminating "royal circles"?!?)

I admire Haakoon for his courage in wanting to marry Mette-Marit and her for her courage in accepting his proposal. IMO this is a point in favour for both of them.

to smilla

you are so right

Back
Top Bottom