Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 21 : Oct.2006 - Feb.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! I'm new here. My name is Jennifer. I'm from LA. I mainly registered because of Charlotte. I just love her! Anyway, in the December issue of Vogue, there's a whole article about European socialites. They have exclusive photos of Eugenie and Tatiana. They also said that Charlotte was wearing her own Dolce & Gabbana dress to Camilla Al-Fayed's party at the Ritz. That's where she was with Eugenie, Felix' sister (I forgot her name. But, she was wearing a gold Gucci dress at the party) and Carine Roitfeld's daugter, Julia. Anyway, I loved, loved, loved the article. What I liked most about it is that they compare these European socialites to these trashy, American socialites like Paris Hilton, Tinsley Mortimer and so on. It says that the European socialites don't use the words "you know" and "like" in every sentence. It was funny!

I've never uploaded anything. So, I'm going to try to scan them right now. Wish me luck.

Also, in the August issue of Vogue Paris, there were pictures of Charlotte, Pierre and Andrea at Stavros Niarchos' party on his family's yacht in May. I've been on this site for months. But, I've just registered. The pictures were never posted here. If I find the magazine amongst the hundreds of magazines scattered all over the house, I'll scan it. Anyway, there are pictures of Charlotte with her gang. The pictures were nice!

Last edited:
heiiiii jennifer87! post these photos you're talking about PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!

>> charlotte in ALL spanish magazines of this week! in lecturas, she's in the cobert

charlotte and tati are in the new issue of spanish vogue with karolina kurkova on the cover. it talks about thier style.

I don't like it either. Andrea and Tatiana were there too.

i couldn't open the pic, maybe i'll buy the magazine, is it this week's?

after this i would like to know what ever were she wearing

Last edited by a moderator:
fandesacs2003 said:
I do not like nor her dress neither the way she "stands". Strange:bang:
She's trying to pose. It's surprising to me cause she didn't seem like the type to be doing the socialite poses. But the way she is standing is just like them. Unfortunately, she does not pull it off.:ermm: I DO like her outfit, however.

Last edited:
I think she looks nice great to see new pics of her.

Yea there are pics but i can't post them since i saw them on a yahoo group.

Honestly, I have to give my long-held opinion on Charlotte Casiraghi after seeing the last photo posted of her on this thread (the Repossi one).

Charlotte is apparently on "well-dressed" lists from time to time. I really think this is because of her connections, probably through her mother, to Karl Lagerfeld and other prominent designers. They are probably only too happy to dress her for next to nothing, given the publicity this gives them.

I do not think, however, that she has a shred of the natural chic of her mother, Caroline. Caroline was always stylish at Charlotte's age - always. I think Charlotte very often seems quite awkward in her clothes, her posture is not always good and, frankly, her hair hardly ever looks well groomed.

Pehaps she does not have the outgoing personality of her mother or perhaps the clothes she feels obliged to wear at the events she attends are just not "her". That's okay I guess - she doesn't have to be a clone of her mother anyway. :)

^^ I've also said before that Charlotte is not deserving of the world's best dressed title that she gets. ( although it's hard to say a negative word about Charlotte on forums!)

I think she's naturally beautiful, but not naturally stylish. I don't hold it against her that she's not into that sort of thing, but when she is trying (like in the pictures) it's painfully obvious.

Perhaps the fashion-instinct differences between Caroline and Charlotte stem from the differences between growing up as Caroline's daughter and that as Grace Kelly's daughter.

I think Caroline raised her daughter in a more natural and relaxed manner, knowing that without a royal title, Charlotte wouldn't have the same pressures she and Stephanie had. Charlotte thus didn't really have the same consciousness Caroline had at her age.

I believe that Caroline, witnessing the great beauty and fashion icon her mother was, made a conscious effort to be fashionable and dinstinctive. Moreover, I think Grace instilled in her daughter a sense of high fashion, aware that each member of the family has a duty to promote Monaco properly to the world. That's why perhaps Caroline attended social gatherings and balls at an earlier age than Charlotte.

Regardless of how beautiful and regal and fashionable Caroline is, I think it's more astounding to have Grace in her dressed up image. I'm sure Caroline would admit to being inferior to her mother as far as beauty and fashion iconography are concerned. Therefore, Caroline must have had a better teacher in Grace than Charlotte has in her.

fandesacs2003 said:
I do not like nor her dress neither the way she "stands". Strange:bang:
Yes, the way that pregnant ladies stands.

Mari_* said:
Yes, the way that pregnant ladies stands.
OH, NO! Is she going to have ANOTHER make-believe baby again? Small wonder that she lost her figure and that posture is bad! (MAKE BELIEVE!)

Dave

"I" before "E," except when "E" is before "I."

Last edited:
BurberryBrit - I agree with you. Being good looking does not necessarily mean one is blessed with an inbuilt sense of style as well. That was the point I was trying to make - thank you! :flowers:

royrrules - I agree that Princess Grace was a great beauty but I never personally found her a "fashion icon" as well. Although I think she always looked superb, it is said that she hated spending money on clothes and wore the same things for years on end, to the frustration of the French fashion industry and even her husband, Prince Rainier! I guess I would have called Grace stylish, rather than fashionable. I think she was just wonderful though! :)

She's like what 20, among our generation, no one becomes a 'fashion icon' over night. Charlotte dresses her age, always looks good & very modest for someone who comes from a royal house known for their controversy.

Tosca said:
Charlotte attending the Christmas party at Repossi jeweller's shop in Paris. From left to right: Alerto Repossi, Charlotte, Gaia Repossi (the owner's daughter), and Vanina Mandelli. (OGGI)
http://aycu19.webshots.com/image/7698/2005614362928999768_rs.jpg

it looks like she's becoming more comfortable being photographed :)

I agree with some people here; that pose from the Christmas party isn't the best from her.

One thing I've always liked about Charlotte and the reason why I think she can be fashionable is that she looks best when she's not trying to look her best. There's just something about the way she looks in her 'razzi photos.

Now I love Chanel and I love Charlotte but most of the time, with a few exceptions, I don't think those two mix well together. Chanel's too avant-garde and creative, Charlotte just doesn't seem to be that type. I think classic/chic fashion would suit her way better.

Avareenah said:
BurberryBrit - I agree with you. Being good looking does not necessarily mean one is blessed with an inbuilt sense of style as well. That was the point I was trying to make - thank you! :flowers:

royrrules - I agree that Princess Grace was a great beauty but I never personally found her a "fashion icon" as well. Although I think she always looked superb, it is said that she hated spending money on clothes and wore the same things for years on end, to the frustration of the French fashion industry and even her husband, Prince Rainier! I guess I would have called Grace stylish, rather than fashionable. I think she was just wonderful though! :)

I agree with you both. I don't think any of the three were/are fashion icons. Grace was well dressed but nothing out of the ordinary for a woman of her station, Caroline is well dressed but has a lot of misses and Charlotte is just dressed expensively (in my opinion) she could look a lot better than she does. Best dressed not any of them.

Well, Caroline may have had a few "misses" lately (and I believe they are few), but in her time, she really was acknowledged as a fashion trendsetter with incredible personal style as well. Out of the three, she has my number one vote in this area, anyway. :)

Please be mindful that this thread is supposed to be about Charlotte's current events...not a thread about her fashion style.

Hello and happy New Year to everyone.

Two questions.
Did you see Felix the last days??? Are they still together?
Apparently Charlotte spend the Christmas days in Paris. She does not go to Lamy anymore. And what about Caroline, she did not go either?

Any clue

Thanks

moby said:
I agree with some people here; that pose from the Christmas party isn't the best from her.

One thing I've always liked about Charlotte and the reason why I think she can be fashionable is that she looks best when she's not trying to look her best. There's just something about the way she looks in her 'razzi photos.

Now I love Chanel and I love Charlotte but most of the time, with a few exceptions, I don't think those two mix well together. Chanel's too avant-garde and creative, Charlotte just doesn't seem to be that type. I think classic/chic fashion would suit her way better.

I agree, she looks amazing in classic/chic wardrobe.

I think she's beautiful in whatever she wears though.

very nice, thank you Jennifer. What was the title of the article? Its funny how their all friends of the family (Tatiana, Olympia, Margherita and Eugenie).

Where was the picture of Eugenie taken? It looks like the inside of the Palais, but why would she have had been photographed there?

Ani

Thanks!

I don't have the magazine with me now. I'll check later on. Anyway, I think it was called "Euroflash" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom