Brunei Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for the pics humera...the brunei family have some of the most spectacular jewels and they are certainly not afraid of displaying them...

~*~Humera~*~ said:
oh and Hajjah Mariam's tiara is gorgeous.
She's the sultan's ex-wife so I assume it'll go to one of her daughters.
Does anybody know where is the tiara after she divorced by Sultan?. is it still belongs to her or she lost the right of it and how about other jewels she received from sultan..;are they still her belonging? thanks

I think it would make sense that her two daughters get her jewellery. Hjh Mariam was stripped of her royal title so maybe she had to give the jewels back. Still, I cant say for sure. Maybe one of our Bruneian members know the answer.

Wow....thats all I can say about their jewels. Oh & I'm also blinded by them :). Do you think they ever walk in to where they keep their jewels & go "I'm bored with them?" Or do you think they sit there & look at all their jewels & can not choose what to wear? I wish I had a problem like that.
But I must say I am impressed w/ their collection. I'm also a little green w/ envy :) .

They were in Canada for the APEC meeting or some other thing. The butler provided by the hotel later told of how she ( the Raja Isteri) had left a diamond encrusted bangle lying around, and how when he returned it to her she acted like he was returning a dropped pen or something. Apparently it was like she know or care that it was missing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 2Abd4.jpg
    2Abd4.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 693
  • 2Abd8.jpg
    2Abd8.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 666
  • 2Abd9.jpg
    2Abd9.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,428
All I can say is......Oh My Gaw!!!!!!!!!

Man, we in America have definately missed the Royal boat. This makes Paris Hilton's engagement ring look like a crackerjack prize. Hehe!

All I can say is the Brunei Royals take bling-bling to the next level. Even rap artist (nelly, p.diddy, jay-z to name a few) here in the US with all their bling can't even match up to the Brunei royals. If you looked up bling-bling in the dictionary Brunei Royals would be the definition

Excellent site for high quality photos of all the royals who attended the recent gala! Thanks so much!!!!!

I think those jewelries are one of the best I've seen. Can't help but stare at them. Thanks for the photos!

She is HRH princess Azrinaz, she is the Sultan's second wife and she has her own current events thread in the Brunei thread. I hope theres more info about her in there for you. :flowers: I love how she doesn't wear the scarf fully covering her head, you can really see her beauty when it's like this.

Queen Saleha wearing some magnificent diamonds and rubies at the Thai King's Diamond Jubilee (Infofoto & Thai Photo center)

July 27, 2006 - Diamonds and Saphires, worn at a banquet to honour her husband's 60th birthday (Infofoto) (The jewels are the same as the ones worn during the Crown Prince's wedding festivities, except for the huge saphire and diamond pendant at the bottom)

July 24, 2006 - Another banquet for the Sultan's 60th birthday. Queen Saleha is wearing some stunning diamonds as usual, the necklace kind of looks like a sunburst or a floral motif, with diamond drops hanging from the sides and a huge pear shaped diamond hanging at the bottom.
Princess Azrinaz is wearing a single diamond drop necklace and what seem like ruby/saphire/diamond earrings (best seen in the last picture). And ofcourse both ladies are wearing diamond rings and bracelets (Infofoto)

August 5, 2006 - Azrinaz, at another event to mark the Sultan's birthday, wearing another diamond (heart-shaped) necklace. (Infofoto)

Last edited:
July 15, 2006 - 60th birthday of the Sultan of Brunei - Morning Ceremony at the Nurul Iman Palace (all pics from Infofoto)

Queen Saleha, wearing the same diamond and emerald tiara that was worn by her daughter, Princess Rashidah, at her wedding.

Princess Azrinaz, wearing a beautiful diamond tiara, a simple "Y" shaped necklace, diamond drop earrings, several rings, and note the lovely bracelet on her rigth hand (in the first picture)

another picture of Queen Saleha and Azrinaz arriving at the ceremony

Last edited:
July 15, 2006 - 60th birthday of the Sultan of Brunei - Banquet , Nurul Iman Palace (all pics from Infofoto)

Azrinaz, wearing the same diamond tiara, bracelets in both hands, diamond necklace and a brooch.

Queen Saleha, she's wearing the same sunburst/floral necklace worn here. Its easier to see in the second picture below, there's a heart-shaped diamond in the center.

Princess Zariah, wife of Prince Muhammad and sister of Queen Saleha. The green stones in the brooch look like emeralds, not too sure about the necklace, it might be jade, I've seen many members of the Brunei royal family, including the Queen, wearing it on many occasions.
In the second picture take a look at her left hand, its literally covered with diamonds. I've never seen anything like it. In south asian cultures this piece of jewellery isn't rare but it doesnt look like this, its usually just a bracelet and a ring connected with a simple or an elaborate chain.

Last edited:
Sean.~ said:
A viel or hijab is not mandatory -- at least not in Brunei. It's a matter of personal choice. Why wear something simply for the sake of wearing it, etc.

Anyway, a lot of women wear one after making the Hajj, which is what I suspect happened with the Rajah Isteri.

Well, as far as I know wearing hijab/veir/tudung/ is a mandatory for muslimah who already baligh (mature). But the fact is, not all of muslimah wear it. They may have some considerations before decided to wear it or not. But we must respect their choices, right?

God, they've got so many great and fab jewels!!!

I think when such as jewels are worn like that,a lot in the same time,they loose their magic,I think one piece only worn with a non busy dress would have more magic and a greater affect.

I know this Brunei traditions and culture to wear very busy jewels and clothes,but it's just my opinion.

Even if they wouldn't wore these colourful clothes these jewels still looks great.

Pictures of Huda, daughter of Princess Umi Kalthum and niece of the Sultan of Brunei, during her wedding. (All pictures from Infofoto)

1. Berinai ceremony - August 26, 2006

A lovely picture of the bride. She's wearing the same tiara that's worn by Queen Saleha in this portrait.
http://s2.supload.com/free/1RAFEE_18b.jpg/view

There's a good view of the bride's earring in the first picture below

2. The wedding - August 27, 2006
Although not a jewel, the bouquet she's holding is quite striking, perhaps even diamond encrusted like the one carried by Sarah, wife of the Crown Prince, at her wedding.

Last edited:
the bouquet look alike Sarah but have in natural flores, roses i belive. I like more this bride i have to confess, is more soft... the tipe of veil that Sarah were make them look to havy, and this lovely bride wera sof colours, in my opinian i like more, princeply the natural roses, give a frech air to her.

That diamond necklace she wore in the wedding ceremony is very impressive. I'm not a big fan of the design, but I wonder how many carats in total she has with these jewels?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Pictures of Huda, daughter of Princess Umi Kalthum and niece of the Sultan of Brunei, during her wedding.
Does the tiara belongs to Queen Saleha or belongs to the Royalties so that anyone can wear it?
I like her bouquet. Is it a real flowers or a diamonds? It's so simple but really suits her and her gown.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Azrinaz, wearing a beautiful diamond tiara, a simple "Y" shaped necklace, diamond drop earrings, several rings, and note the lovely bracelet on her rigth hand (in the first picture)
She looks great and I love the jewelery......but is it just me or does she look bored/depressed? Maybe it wasn't an exciting moment in the service, but she looks like she wants to be anywhere else but there.

too much of a good thing...

I agree. i think less is better. plus they dont match their headscarves with their dresses very well. the whole ensemble clashes big time! maybe plain with flowery or vice versa but never flowery with flowery... Datin Faizah wears her jewelry well. they dont wear her.....

el-khanz said:
Does the tiara belongs to Queen Saleha or belongs to the Royalties so that anyone can wear it?
I like her bouquet. Is it a real flowers or a diamonds? It's so simple but really suits her and her gown.

I believe that the Brunei royals have enough jewels that they don't lend them to others. Whatever they wear is their own personal property and theirs to keep.

As to her bouquet, I believe it's a mixture of fresh roses and diamonds. Brilliant, aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom