British Royal Family Current Events 11: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
257px-Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_the_United_Kingdom_%28Tudor_crown%29.svg.png

Arms of The United Kingdom

Welcome to The British Royal Family Current Events, Part 11: Sep 2022 -

Commencing September 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Charles, if already a member, if not - William.

I wonder if it would go to William, as Charles will be sovereign of the order in not too long a time (being honest) and the role of Sovereign and Grand Master are separate.

Possibly Camilla -only really 4 people can get it

William does hate the bonnets. (Sorry, I was thinking of the Garter/Thistle. At least there is no dress-up with this one.)

Last edited:
Camilla would be a good choice, handing the role from consort to future consort.

The British Royal Family needs to cut the pomp so that the British Public realises that there is no more Empire as it used to be (just a few colonies now); therefore, they need to let this ceremonial die.

Whilst the name is archaic (and a reason I'm not convinced William would want the role necessarily) the Order of the British Empire recognises the remarkable things every day people do - in that sense this is better than the order of Garter or Thistle for the RF image wise as its not parading around in costume with others from "the establishment" as those orders are. TBH there should be more focus on things like this - a member of the RF attending a service of prayer for (and with) the members of the Order of British Empire means being with every day people and connects it more to every day people.

The Order of British Empire goes to lollypop ladies, local charity workers, public sector workers etc. A glance at the Queen's Birthday Honours from spring shows CBEs, OBEs, MBEs go to very normal people who feel very proud to be given an honour. In other words it is more attainable to most people than other orders and IMO the sort of thing the RF should be involved with more.

Is it that big a deal for Charles or William to rename it to "Commonwealth"? (And I say this as someone whose great-grandfather was an OBE, and I'm very proud of that.)

These days though it is an order awarded in Britain only and so Commonwealth would be irrelevant. Simply the Order of British Achievers might be better.

Here's a video of their attendance today:

By Chris Jackson:

"Very special to have taken this official photograph of The King and Queen Consort and Prince and Princess of Wales together at Buckingham Palace"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjL3jRMIVDe/?hl=el

Taken at Buckingham Palace on 18th September

Last edited:
British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018

That is a lovely photo.

Maybe it’s because I’ve spent so much time in the Danish threads, but it’s nice to see everyone standing shoulder to shoulder- or the equivalent given the height differences. Lol

They couldn’t be standing any closer. It certainly conveys the appearance of a unified family.

Last edited:
That is a lovely photo.

Maybe it’s because I’ve spent so much time in the Danish threads, but it’s nice to see everyone standing shoulder to shoulder- or the equivalent given the height differences. Lol

They couldn’t be standing any closer. It certainly conveys the appearance of a unified family.

Those four are a united family at feel. Charles is getting old.

It's quite an intimate official photo - especially for the British. It's lovely.

Charles is in his 70s but may look older in this particular photo because it was quite the stressful week at the time it was taken. From all accounts, he’s still very active in both body and mind. His father, after all, looked old for many years!

It’s a nice picture, I’m glad they chose to include William and Catherine.

I was expecting a formal portrait but it's a great photo! With a little more editing it could be used as a formal portrait though. I think this picture definitely is going to appear on Charles' desk in his first Christmas speech.

Given the absolute turbulence that the British people are facing, it seems Charles understands the importance of a unified front. There are protests throughout the country and the pound is spiraling. Economic conditions are not ideal so the family must be united.

I really love this photo, it's sort of semi-formal. The King and the Heir with spouses. The core group.

Beautiful picture taken on the day before the funeral - prior or after the reception held at Buckingham Palace.

By Chris Jackson:

"Very special to have taken this official photograph of The King and Queen Consort and Prince and Princess of Wales together at Buckingham Palace"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjL3jRMIVDe/?hl=el

Taken at Buckingham Palace on 18th September

I like the photo. It's a simple but formal photo of the king with his wife, his heir and the heir's wife.

William at tonight's Tusk Trust Awards which were held at Hampton Court Palace.
Prince William is supporting is celebrating a milestone for one of his most beloved charities.

On Tuesday evening, Prince William stepped out at Hampton Court Palace in England to attend the 10th annual Tusk Conservation Awards. The royal has been involved with the charity since 2005, when he was a recent college graduate, and helped launch the awards in 2013 to spotlight the work of conservation leaders and wildlife rangers in Africa.

https://people.com/royals/prince-william-attends-tusk-awards-first-time-as-prince-wales/

King Charles hosted a reception at Buckingham Palace today, November 16, to celebrate small and medium-sized businesses. The Earl of Wessex, the Duke of Kent and the Duke of Gloucester attended as well:

** gettyimages gallery ** pa images gallery **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom