A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we have only one princely baby to wait for... :wub: We were waiting so long during all 3 pregnancies and it's coming to an end now... ;)

Mahato said:
I hope she would be named Elizabeth - after the wonderful Queen she is shearing her birthday with - and in honour of her own mother (Mary Elizabeth) and her grandmothers; Elizabeth Margrethe Henrietta.

I like that name. But how probable is it to name a new little princess the same name that already exists in Belgium. There would be two young Princess Elizabeth's (the only difference of course could be spelling) although in Belgium little Elisabeth is the heiress and that's not the case here. Also how probable is it that the baby will be named Ingrid, I know that it has significance but there's already a little Ingrid and she's in a Scandinavian country as well. I think this little one needs her own name to set her apart from all. I'm curious to see if the name will be traditional or not.

irishchic5 said:
Oh, I'm so glad it's a girl!! :wub: I can't wait to see how Mary dresses her and how she and Christian interact.

My vote for a name is Ingrid.
Once again - congratulations! :flowers:

I don't think they'll name the girl Ingrid as it's the name of the little Norwegian princess, too!

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Now we have only one princely baby to wait for... :wub: We were waiting so long during all 3 pregnancies and it's coming to an end now... ;)
At least we can hope that there might be new babies in Belgium and / or Norway :ROFLMAO:

Great news! Congrats to Frederik, Mary and Christian! :flowers:
Now we can start waiting for the name of the little princess. ;)

I do not think her name will be Ingrid as well - since;
a) the Norwegian heir to the throne is as we all know - HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra
b) the little Princess second cousin - the youngest daughter of HSH Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson, is also named Ingrid.
..therefore - I think Elizabeth would be appropriate.

Maxie said:
Great news! Congrats to Frederik, Mary and Christian! :flowers:
Now we can start waiting for the name of the little princess. ;)

What means that we have to wait about three or four months :ermm: (as the name will only be announced when the girl will be baptised)

Aurora810 said:
I like that name. But how probable is it to name a new little princess the same name that already exists in Belgium. There would be two young Princess Elizabeth's (the only difference of course could be spelling) although in Belgium little Elisabeth is the heiress and that's not the case here. Also how probable is it that the baby will be named Ingrid, I know that it has significance but there's already a little Ingrid and she's in a Scandinavian country as well. I think this little one needs her own name to set her apart from all. I'm curious to see if the name will be traditional or not.
Not to forget that there already is a Princess Elisabeth of Denmark. There's also two Ingrids in the "family" - Ingrid of Norway, and Countess Ingrid, the daughter of Frederik's cousin Alexandra of Berleburg.

Anything is possible, of course.

How nice I voted for a girl!! Margethe must be so happy to have a granddaughter to spoil now!!

does she have her own article on wikipedia yet? i was thinking of making her one, but it would be kind of useless to since her name won't be announced for a few more months.

Great news! And a little princess, how nice. I think Christian was first seen when his parents left the hospital with him, and later close-up photos were released.

I hope the little princess name will be Ingrid Elizabeth Margrethe Henrietta:wub:

norwegianne said:
Not to forget that there already is a Princess Elisabeth of Denmark. There's also two Ingrids in the "family" - Ingrid of Norway, and Countess Ingrid, the daughter of Frederik's cousin Alexandra of Berleburg.

Anything is possible, of course.

Thanks...as you can tell I still don't know everything there is to know about the DRF. I'm still learning. I really only know about the main part of the family I really don't know all the relatives. But thanks for informing me.

Frederik is on his way out to talk to the press - at 17.40.

Congratulations to the couple, i´m very happy for them.

acdc1 said:
does she have her own article on wikipedia yet? i was thinking of making her one, but it would be kind of useless to since her name won't be announced for a few more months.

go ahead and do it. They temporarily named the new Dutch princess "Princess NN" which I think stood for "no name". Her name was later known of course as Ariane. Somebody's got to get her in the system of wikipedia might as well be you.

Very sympathetic news. The fist grand daughter for the Queen Maragareth, I'm sure a tru happiness for everybody!

Congratulations to princely couple.:flowers: I guessed it would be a boy, but it is a little princess.:) The baby girl is quite big, I can't wait her pictures and to know her name.

norwegianne said:
Frederik is on his way out to talk to the press - at 17.40.

Is there any chance to watch it on the internet? :ermm:

The new princess has already been added to Princess Mary's wikipedia page it says "unnamed princess" right under Christian's name where it says issue

Yay! A girl :wub: Congratulations to the Danish royal family on the birth of this new princess.

I am going for Matilda for Mary's Australian background or Mathilde perhaps Caroline as it goes back in the danish royal family. I think Elizabeth will be her second name just like Mary so they will have the same initals. :flowers:

Just so glad its all over for her and she has a healthy baby. You have made us very proud Mary.

:flowers: Congratulations to proud Mom and Dad! :flowers:
And to big brother Christian.

I was so sure it will be a boy that the arrivial of the Princess took me by surprise. Pleasant surprise though. At last we have a girl in DRF. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom