Least Favourite Look for a Royal Groom

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iowabelle

Royal Highness , Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
Des Moines
Country
United States
Let's not be sexist. :)

I will nominate Prince Manuel of Bavaria.

I'm not being mean, but why didn't Prince Manuel look so good? Sure there were the unfavourable weather conditions, but I thought he looked great. :)

I think the grooms have it easy. No matter what they wear, it's a really basic outfit. It's difficult to totally screw it up. A DRESS, on the other hand, people can (and obviously do) go on and on about for forever! Haha;)

I just don't think Manuel is very attractive.

But grooms can mess it up by staying out too late the night before, being hung over, picking a really bad suit (although you'd hope the best man or tailor might intercede!).

Lots of things can happen.

(I can think of at least 2 royal brides, it wouldn't have mattered what they were going to wear, they just weren't very attractive women, not their fault b/c they just looked the rest of their rather unattractive family members IMO.)

i know but a royal wedding looks so much better eith the grrom with a uniform

i know but a royal wedding looks so much better eith the grrom with a uniform
I don't want to dump on poor Daniel but....he's not the dashing type and he had that somewhat strained smile the entire day. I saw a real smile out him but it didn't last that long.:lol: He just doesn't fit my idea of a groom for a princess. He didn't look bad or anything like that. I guess you could say there just was not anything remarkable about him to make him stand out. It's a good thing CP Victoria loves him, bless his heart.:D

I say Daniel as well, not because he didn't wear a uniform, but I agree because he looked strained (not just wedding day jitters) but he looked like he really didn't want to "dress up."

Also, I really didn't care for the way that CP Pavlos looked either. I AM fond of grey morning suits (or whatever style he wore) but it's just something about the way he looked and the way he carries himself that is just not right to me...:ermm:

Also Infanta Elena's ex-husband Jaime Marichalar didn't look all that great to me either. Now that I think about it, neither he or Infanta Elena looked really happy:ohmy:

And I hate to say it, but William's striking bright red uniform didn't do much for me either:sad: I love a man in uniform and I respect the symbolism of what he chose & the fact that it was different, but it was just a little too much. IMO

Daniel looked handsome to me to me.Almost all royal men looked good because they have it easy!

I hate to say it but Prince William, it's strange because he was always known as the attractive child of Diana but Harry looked more handsome then him on his wedding day. My only reason for putting William on here is that he looks like he is already starting to lose hair and he isn't even thirty yet.

I hate to say it but Prince William, it's strange because he was always known as the attractive child of Diana but Harry looked more handsome then him on his wedding day. My only reason for putting William on here is that he looks like he is already starting to lose hair and he isn't even thirty yet.
Yes I think he is losing his hair..but I put him there because he just didn't look his bets did he? Harry DID look rather *hot* lol. I just summed up my dislike to the harsh red against all of the other seemingly "delicateness" of the wedding..imo:p

Prince Laurent: he was whiping his nose with a giant ultra white handkerchief all the time. Don't know if he had a cold or it was the emotions of the day.

Prince William looked good, but I will mention that he should have worn a different uniform; the red didn't work very well for him.

1. Prince Albert
2. Prince William, he should have changed with Harry when they were in the back.

I must say, it took a while for Will's red to grow on me... I thought it was awful at first, despite how radiant both he and his bride looked.

Juan Carlos of Spain looked a bit under the weather on his wedding day. He had broken his collarbone a few weeks before and had to remove his sling a bit earlier than planned due to the wedding. The poor guy was in a good amount of pain the whole time.

I liked Daniel because he did not wear a uniform. I suppose most grooms are members of their own armed forces, but I prefer to think of them in their non-military role. For instance, Guillaume looks better in normal clothes than in that uniform he wore at his wedding, especially the sword he seems to have added to it outside the cathedral afterwards...possibly someone handed it to him there...at least he did not wear the sword into the cathedral. I like the way Guillaume looks almost all other times.
I didn't think William's red uniform was especially bad. I would have preferred him, too, in non-military dress, however.

Hmm, now I do like this question alot, but I think it should be answered based on the groom's outfit, rather than whether the groom himself is attactive/dashing etc lol!

Accordingly, I think that Prince Albert of Monaco did not look good in the uniform he wore for his wedding. He has quite a...shall we say...robust physique, and white and cream is not such a flattering colour to wear - Prince Harry looks great in his white uniform because he is very tall and slim.

I was not keen on Prince Joachim of Denmark's uniform nor Prince Philippe's uniform on their wedding days.

The problem for the men on their wedding day is that, even with a uniform, you look like you would on any other day of the year, except you have a bride on one arm! A button-hole would help but they're not normally worn with uniform.

BTW, I think that Prince Philip looked the most dashing on his wedding day, followed by all the rest who look remarkably similar.

With William, I wasn't too impressed with his red uniform until the day of the wedding. Then I realize that the red really stood out and in the midst of everything in Westminster Abbey, your eyes were instantly drawn to William.

I thought Daniel made quite a handsome figure in his tuxedo. I think he was really quite nervous too. We have to remember he wasn't born into all the pomp and pageantry that surrounds the royals. The touching moments were when they showed Victoria gently finger massaging Daniel's hand as if to reassure him that all is well. :)

I think, along with quite a few here, that Albert could have done much better wardrobe wise. First thing I thought of when I saw him was "Geesh.. this guy looks like an ice cream man". I think a darker color would also have made him look thinner.

^ Albert should have gone on a diet or bought himself a corset!

I hated William's Irish Guard uniform...he looked like a cheesy Disney prince. Albert's summer white Love Boat captain outfit was very unimpressive as well, especially considering how stunningly gorgeous his bride was.:whistling:

CP Pavlos's suit looked rather baggy. It was wearing him, same way his bride's gown was wearing her imo.

Last edited:
I hated William's Irish Guard uniform...he looked like a cheesy Disney prince. Albert's summer white Love Boat captain outfit was very unimpressive as well, especially considering how stunningly gorgeous his bride was.:whistling:

CP Pavlos's suit looked rather baggy. It was wearing him, same way his bride's gown was wearing her imo.

I'm disappointed that you think the formal uniform of a member of HMQ's Guards regiment is "cheesy". At home we thin of them as reminders of those who have served this country for many years and have given their lives.

I'm disappointed that you think the formal uniform of a member of HMQ's Guards regiment is "cheesy". At home we thin of them as reminders of those who have served this country for many years and have given their lives.

While I wouldn't say his uniform was cheesy, I do agree it had a certain Disney Prince quality to it in that context.

I think William looked good, but I would have preferred that he wear his RAF uniform. I think he probably would have preferred that too- more him, and representing the branch he served in.

You are right, it's a poor choice of words.And I meant no disrespect to HMQ's Guards or indeed to anyone who serves his/her country in uniform.

But sorry...I dislike the uniform, and I did not find it at all flattering to William.

You are right, it's a poor choice of words.And I meant no disrespect to HMQ's Guards or indeed to anyone who serves his/her country in uniform.

But sorry...I dislike the uniform, and I did not find it at all flattering to William.

thank you.

Back
Top Bottom