The King Rama X and Family General News

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well. shouldn't this card be with him and the Queen? , instead of the Consort? As one would say in German. Andere Laender andere Sitten. Maybe this is it in Thailand. What do I know about it.

If this rumour by Somsak Jeamteerasakul was true, Royal Noble Consort Sineenat is going to be promoted to a higher rank. One possibility is that Thailand having two queen consorts under the same king, a situation has not been seen since 1910 when Chulalongkorn died, leaving behind his royal wives, 4 of which were 'Queen Consort of Siam' namely Saovabha Phongsri, Sunanda Kumariratana, Savang Vadhana and Sukhumala Marasri.

If this rumour by Somsak Jeamteerasakul was true, Royal Noble Consort Sineenat is going to be promoted to a higher rank. One possibility is that Thailand having two queen consorts under the same king, a situation has not been seen since 1910 when Chulalongkorn died, leaving behind his royal wives, 4 of which were 'Queen Consort of Siam' namely Saovabha Phongsri, Sunanda Kumariratana, Savang Vadhana and Sukhumala Marasri.

It was thought to be a rumour,yes,but apparently she is to be elevated to the title of Queen too.
Well,he s good at giving titles,ask his dog...

And he´s even better in beating up,ask his sister,poor dear Sirindhorn.
He should be kicked out of the palace,& exiled to Antarctica.

He s a mental case of sorts,to be ignored by all and everyone,
and he is not welcome much longer in Germany.He is the result of his mother spoilling him to a fault.

I would support Sirindhorn,or any member of the Royal Family, in any action to dispose of this Ramalala...
and sent his women back to the window,as in how much is that doggy in the window..

I am kind and full of compassion.

Last edited:
It was thought to be a rumour,yes,but apparently she is to be elevated to the title of Queen too.
Well,he s good at giving titles,ask his dog...

And he´s even better in beating up,ask his sister,poor dear Sirindhorn.
He should be kicked out of the palace,& exiled to Antarctica.

He s a mental case of sorts,to be ignored by all and everyone,
and he is not welcome much longer in Germany.He is the result of his mother spoilling him to a fault.

I would support Sirindhorn,or any member of the Royal Family, in any action to dispose of this Ramalala...
and sent his women back to the window,as in how much is that doggy in the window..

I am kind and full of compassion.

And Prince Dipangkorn to return to his mother.

I'm not surprised his older sons don't want anything to do with him.

And Prince Dipangkorn to return to his mother.

I'm not surprised his older sons don't want anything to do with him.

Have you ever seen their letters? They want all the thing to do with him, it's the other way around.

No, I haven't seen any letters.

Is there a system of checks and balances concerning the Thai monarch. Is there a state council or organizational group who can stop the monarch from making a mess of things?

In normal regime, the court, the parliament, the government, the privy council and most importantly, the constitution. But now Thailand is technically an absolute monarchy, so you can guess why things are so messed-up lately.

Is there a system of checks and balances concerning the Thai monarch. Is there a state council or organizational group who can stop the monarch from making a mess of things?

Haha...Apparently not!Unfortunately,really!!

Ramalala turned the Royal Palace into a mental institution.
If he wants to save the Monarchy,he should keep his zipper up and use
his grey cells and adjust with the times,i.e. stop frolicking around with
the umptiest favorite and sincerely focuss onThailand.

The country needs that more then a charlatan on the Throne.
The Royal Family should intervene,ASAP!

Last edited:
Seriously this is heartbreaking.... I loved the Thai Royal Family under the steady direction of King Bhumibol. Bless his memory ! I can’t help but wonder if he regrets from where he is now that he didn’t named Sirindhorn as Crown Princess after all before he died.... He knew very well how his son was and what would follow him on the throne because Vajiralongkorn was exactly like this by then too..... Now everything is going downwards in downhill speed !

I feel sad for Suthida... But also for Sineenat. Imagine being stuck for the rest of your life in a golden cage with that old man, treated as if they are his dolls and not humans ! They are in the same age as The King’s eldest and youngest daughters ! I simply cannot belive how The King’s children and sisters accepts this.... Maybe they don’t but are too scared for what he may do to them if they say anything ?

Princess Sirindhorn would make a lovely monarch, much in the spirit of her father. As would Princess Bajrakitiyabha i belive (who as the eldest child of the King and eldest grandchild of the former King really should be first in the line of sucession ! ).
A diplomat with a broad network in foreign relations, she has the perfect education and experience to govern.

And then there is the delicate issue regarding the line of sucession that seems to not bother The King at all... The eldest sons are stripped of their titles, sucession rights and citizenship. Princess Ubolratana’s children have no sucession rights... Princess Sirindhorn has no children... Prince Dipangkorn is clearly not suited to become monarch... And none of the 4 younger Princess’es (The Kings 2 daughters and Princess Chulabhorns 2 daughters) are married and have children !
Is the throne of Thailand really going to pass to a cadet branch with cousins few people has heard of ? The Yugala-family is next in line i belive.... They hold junior royal titles but works as film producers.....

Last edited:
Yes, the King acts like a typical absolute ruler. - Removing all threats to his position within the family, lest they should become a focal point for an alternative and eventually remove him.

I'm not particular worried about the obvious alternatives, should the King be "persuaded" to abdicate. Titles and rights can be restored. There are several ways of doing that that I can think off. The most obvious being that the King is declared insane and as such all his own decisions regarding the family and succession are declared null and void.
Or that the King was misused, misguided, ill counciled, seduced etc. In which cases some heads will roll (justified or not) and it will be the "duty" of the government/Parliament/military/the Royal Family to rectify things.

As things go, I think there is a good chance the King will end his days in house arrest or in a remote monastery.
Because there is next to no hope of an improvement of his rule. He has been king for, how long? And it is already turned into an accelerating disaster.

Because neither the politicians nor the military are interested in the people losing faith in the monarchy.

The king's youngest daughter is only 34. Still time for her to marry and have children if she was called upon to be queen.

Her elder sister or her Aunt may be a better choice as queen, despite not having children of their own. It would not be the first time that a heir to the throne was not the child of the monarch.

If Ubol Ratana was chosen, her children could be placed into succession making a natural transition. Her youngest daughter at least lives and works in Thailand.

Chulaborn's two unmarried daughters are already in their late 30's so unlikely to marry and have children.

I don't see any of the king's sons being reinstated and named king. They have had no connection to Thailand. His younger son is too young for the throne, and unless they wait to force an abdication for some years.

A choice could be made and needed changes to succession if they took the step. And honestly it does seem that if there is a future for the Thai monarchy and the traditions of it, the change is needed sooner then later. The king is doing a good job of destroying the legacy of his father and those before him.

Replacing him with a more suitable monarch would benefit all parties.

Last edited:
Thanks for your responses. The shirt answer seems to be no. There are no checks and balances for the monarch.

If no one has stopped the King up til now he can and will continue to make a mockery of the monarchy. It seems no one can or will stop him.

I agree with the earlier comment. King Bhumibol's greatest mistake was not cleaning up the succession list before died.

[.....] Prince Dipangkorn is clearly not suited to become monarch... [.....] .

Prince Dipangkorn is just 14.
One does not need to have a bright mind to be a King. As long as one accepts advice and guidance "from the men in grey". After all: keeping the monarchy is in the very own interest of these advisors.

Maybe these men, helped by the military junta, will commit a Palace coup to sidestep the King for the bare survival of the monarchy, and replace him by the young Prince.

Just imagen if this would happen he for sure would hate his son, plus the young man would need protection from his father 24/7. I think his father spin in his grave and ask himself what went wrong and why did he not see the writing on the wall.

Could he sideline Prince Dipangkorn?

If so, who is left?!? :ohmy:

And more to the point, for how long can the King continue to destabilize the Line of Succession and be allowed to get away with it?
Not least because as far as I understand, the public sentiment in Thailand is edging ever closer to the unthinkable: Openly voicing dissent against the King himself.
Ad then what?

Prince Dipangkorn is just 14.
One does not need to have a bright mind to be a King. As long as one accepts advice and guidance "from the men in grey". After all: keeping the monarchy is in the very own interest of these advisors.

Maybe these men, helped by the military junta, will commit a Palace coup to sidestep the King for the bare survival of the monarchy, and replace him by the young Prince.

I didn’t mean his age. Ofcourse he would need a regency appointed for him if he would come to the throne by now...

He just doesn’t look healthy to me... Though i don’t want to go deeper into that !

I think it’s no longer a question of if, but of when members of the Royal Family, the Palace Advicers, The Privy Council and the Military Junta will take care of the things by removing the King in a coup (unless The Queen Mother Sirikit can talk her son around and persuade him to voluntarily abdicate) and install a regent pro tempore while the future is discussed.

Doesn't the queen mother suffer from dementia? I believe that is the reason we haven't seen her for many years. In either case, it seems her weak health does not give her the opportunity to 'persuade' her son in anything; besides, he is the king, so why would he listen?

Just imagen if this would happen he for sure would hate his son, plus the young man would need protection from his father 24/7. I think his father spin in his grave and ask himself what went wrong and why did he not see the writing on the wall.

The writing on the wall was very clear for many years; so, I don't think his father didn't know. Why he didn't choose to intervene is a different question.

Could he sideline Prince Dipangkorn?

If so, who is left?!? :ohmy:

And more to the point, for how long can the King continue to destabilize the Line of Succession and be allowed to get away with it?
Not least because as far as I understand, the public sentiment in Thailand is edging ever closer to the unthinkable: Openly voicing dissent against the King himself.
Ad then what?

The Thai Line of sucession is long. Since 1997 the females are allowed to suceed to so as things stands, at the moment it goes

1. Prince Dipankorn (though remember that he is not formally appointed Crown Prince yet)

2. Princess Bajrakitiyabha

3. Princess Sirivannavari

4. Princess Sirindhorn

5. Prinsessa Chulabhorn

6. Princess Siribhachudabhorn

7. Princess Aditayadornkitikhun

Then comes all the cadet branches with the Yugala/Yukol-family first....

8. Prince Navabarn Yugala

9. Prince Mongkolchaloem Yugala

10. Prince Chaloemsuek Yugala

11. Prince Thikhamphon Yugala

12. Prince Chatrichalerm Yukol

13. Prince Chulcherm Yugala

And the other branches etc etc etc....... As things are going and with no new legitimate marriages and children in hindsight, the throne of Thailand is indeed at risk of falling out of King Bhumibol’s family.

Last edited:
Doesn't the queen mother suffer from dementia? I believe that is the reason we haven't seen her for many years. In either case, it seems her weak health does not give her the opportunity to 'persuade' her son in anything; besides, he is the king, so why would he listen?

The writing on the wall was very clear for many years; so, I don't think his father didn't know. Why he didn't choose to intervene is a different question.

She had a stroke around 2012 (or something) that forced her to retire from royal duties.... I think she is the only person he would listen to if she is healthy enough to intervene (wich i sadly think she is not)... She is the matriarch of the royal family and viewed as the mother of the nation... Here in Europe that wouldn’t mean much nowdays but in Thailand it would mean her word is the law....

I think it was very important for King Bhumibol that it would be a male monarch on the throne after him and not a female even if they are included in the line of sucession now.... I mean what else could be the reason that he didn’t change the nr 1 ? He knew perfectly well of his sons grotesque behaviour.

Last edited:
She had a stroke around 2012 (or something) that forced her to retire from royal duties.... I think she is the only person he would listen to if she is healthy enough to intervene (wich i sadly think she is not)... She is the matriarch of the royal family and viewed as the mother of the nation... Here in Europe that wouldn’t mean much nowdays but in Thailand it would mean her word is the law....

I think it was very important for King Bhumibol that it would be a male monarch on the throne after him and not a female even if they are included in the line of sucession now.... I mean what else could be the reason that he didn’t change the nr 1 ? He knew perfectly well of his sons grotesque behaviour.

Seems plausible. Plus that King Bhumibol perhaps hoped his son would grow into the role and take on the responsibility. After all such a profound change has been seen before.

The Thai Line of sucession is long. Since 1997 the females are allowed to suceed to so as things stands, at the moment it goes

1. Prince Dipankorn (though remember that he is not formally appointed Crown Prince yet)

2. Princess Bajrakitiyabha

3. Princess Sirivannavari

4. Princess Sirindhorn

5. Prinsessa Chulabhorn

6. Princess Siribhachudabhorn

7. Princess Aditayadornkitikhun

Then comes all the cadet branches with the Yugala/Yukol-family first....

8. Prince Navabarn Yugala

9. Prince Mongkolchaloem Yugala

10. Prince Chaloemsuek Yugala

11. Prince Thikhamphon Yugala

12. Prince Chatrichalerm Yukol

13. Prince Chulcherm Yugala

And the other branches etc etc etc....... As things are going and with no new legitimate marriages and children in hindsight, the throne of Thailand is indeed at risk of falling out of King Bhumibol’s family.

Interesting.

So the odds are very good that the next Thai monarch will be a queen.
Perhaps just what the country needs?

First don't King bhjumiobol has also years of bad health so i guess in his last yerars he perhaps was also not able to change the succession. and then according to the Palace Law of succession from 1924 he had thepossiobilty to remove Vajiralonkorn as successor but according to this law the entire line of a Prince who is removed from the succession is out. So if he named Princess Sirindhorn as his successor there would have been the question of who would succeed her.

First don't King bhjumiobol has also years of bad health so i guess in his last yerars he perhaps was also not able to change the succession. and then according to the Palace Law of succession from 1924 he had thepossiobilty to remove Vajiralonkorn as successor but according to this law the entire line of a Prince who is removed from the succession is out. So if he named Princess Sirindhorn as his successor there would have been the question of who would succeed her.

Yes. Removing Vajiralongkorn from the sucession would also have meant the automatically removal of Dipangkorn, Bajrakitiyabha and Sirivannavari.

That would by all likelyhood have meant that the childless Princess Sirindhorn would now have been the countrys first Queen Regnant and her 2 years younger sister Princess Chulabhorn (who is not in very good health) would have been 1:st in the line of sucession... Chulabhorn has 2 daughters, Princess Siribhachudabhorn born 1982 and Princess Aditayadornkitikhun born 1984 who would then have been nr 2 and 3 in line i suppose... As none of them was/is married and have children, it would have resulted in an uncertain future....

But uncertain is precisely what the future is now too... I think the ailing King Bhumibol held onto the hope that his son would grow into the role and that his grandchildren would marry... Maybe King Vajiralongkorn hopes to father a son with Queen Suthida or with Sineenat ? As he is married to both of them, a son with any of them would according to the palace law of sucession 1924, replace Dipangkorn as 1:st in line...

Last edited:
So the odds are very good that the next Thai monarch will be a queen.
Perhaps just what the country needs?

The chance is definitely bigger than it has ever been before... But it’s not a given. The palace law of sucession 1924 gives The King the sole right to do whatever he wants with the line of sucession whenever he wants. And with such an unpredicteble King, who knows what will happen ?

If let’s say Prince Dipangkorn would pass away before his father and without having children, then Princess Bajrakitiyabha will become nr 1. But The King can still name a male Prince from a cadet branch far down in the sucession line as Crown Prince, if he so wishes... Then he would be the new nr 1 in line and as formally named Crown Prince also have the status of undisputed heir to the throne.....until The King changes his mind again and appoints a new heir.

Last edited:
So in essence she is now head of her father's security detail.

Where were these photos taken?

I thought he kived in the US with his family.

His facebook says he lives in NYC. He could have made the offerings at a Theravada Buddhist temple in New York or elsewhere in the US.

Back
Top Bottom