Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta engaged to Princess Olga of Greece, May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are related to the Savoys...and I know about the incident at the Spanish Royal Wedding last year...but you never know....this is a glamorous couple in many respects, so we will have to wait and see.

Is the title of Olga: HRH Princess of Greece and Denmark??

Looks like thier wedding day is creeping up!!
I can't wait!!! I want to see & read all of the details!

Oh no! I just read post #66.
It says that the wedding is postponed till the spring.
Darn, now I'll have to wait longer!

I've just read in an Italian mag that they are going to marry in Greece on 9th of October. There will be only 40 guests. Has anybody heard this news too?

No wedding in October

mariamastrazza said:
I've just read in an Italian mag that they are going to marry in Greece on 9th of October. Has anybody heard this news too?
There are a couple of posts in this thread advising that the wedding has been "postponed" to next year.

pdas1201 said:
Pic of the couple
This photo of the royal couple which is on page 1 of this thread,looks like it was taken in the 1930's.. :eek: :confused:..Just my opinion,- the prince's moustache looks antique and he kinda reminds me of a male character in a hollywood classical movie shot in the 1930's to 50's..something like that..anyways, he's a handsome guy and look very noble..He and the princess look good together and I wish them all the best in the future!!

Well, the persons involved in the "incident" were Vittorio Emanuele di Savoia (son of the last Italian king, Umberto II) and his cousin Amedeo di Savoia-Aosta (Aimone's father)... Apparently it was Vittorio Emanuele who punched Amedeo, who is a calm and rather understated man.

Lady Marmalade said:
They are related to the Savoys...and I know about the incident at the Spanish Royal Wedding last year...but you never know....this is a glamorous couple in many respects, so we will have to wait and see.

Grazie, Leonardinha. :)

It will be interesting to see if the Savoys are invited to the wedding. I still cannot believe the the Italian monarchists group now recognize Amedeo as the heir to the throne because Emanuele pledged his allegiance to the Italian Republic in order to be allowed back into Italy.

Lady Marmalade said:
Grazie, Leonardinha. :)
It will be interesting to see if the Savoys are invited to the wedding. I still cannot believe the the Italian monarchists group now recognize Amedeo as the heir to the throne because Emanuele pledged his allegiance to the Italian Republic in order to be allowed back into Italy.
The "allegiance to the Italian Republic" may be the official reason, but I suspect it has more to do with the "character" and behaviour of Vittorio Emanuele.

Princess Robijn said:
Is the title of Olga: HRH Princess of Greece and Denmark??

i think she is just princess of greece.

Warren said:
The "allegiance to the Italian Republic" may be the official reason, but I suspect it has more to do with the "character" and behaviour of Vittorio Emanuele.

I would agree...that thought has crossed my mind as well. He is kind of like Pince Philip and Princess Michael of Kent...having a knack for putting his foot in his mouth.

carlota said:
i think she is just princess of greece.

She is princess of Greece and Denmark. The members of the Greek royal family is prince(ss) of Greece and Denmark because the first King of the Hellens, Georg I, was the son of King Christian IX, king of Denmark. King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie are by this way cousins because they have the same great-great-grand-parents.

Last edited:
In this week's point de vue there's a large photo of Aimone and Olga attending the wedding of Delphine Arnault and Alessandro Vallarino Gancia in Yquem (France), September 17.

They both look very happy. To the church wedding Aimone was wearing a deep bue suit on a white shirt with red and wite tie, and Olga a very pretty and elegant kneelength black Prada coat with blue flowers, over a white dress.

I think so... :)

Warren said:

how will princess Olga be styled after her marriage??

Can someone post the photo of them at the wedding of Delphine Arnault? Thank you.
They are a striking looking couple.

Aimone's father, Duke Amedeo of Aosta, has just said to an Italian mag that he is going to have a child from his mistress. He's 62 years old and has been married with Silvia Paternò, his second wife, since 1976. She stated she doesn't want to split up. They have no children together. All Amedeo's children are born from his first marriage with Claudia of France.

Princess Robijn said:
how will princess Olga be styled after her marriage??
Her Royal Highness Princess Olga d'Aosta, Duchess d'Apulia.
Or "Olga of Aosta". Say it quickly a few times. :)

Warren said:
Her Royal Highness Princess Olga d'Aosta, Duchess d'Apulia.
Or "Olga of Aosta". Say it quickly a few times. :)

does she have to give up her greek and danish titles??

No, she's not giving anything up, she was born with her titles. But in royal and aristo circles, when you get married, you take your husband's name (and in this case also the titles).

I know, I meant like Prince Philip of UK, he had to give up his titles, even though he was born with them

Last edited:
Princess Robijn said:
I know, I meant like Prince Philip of UK, he had to give up his titles, even though he was born with them

but prince philip was in a different situation i guess...he's marrying a future monarch of england at that time...so giving up his title is a "must" at that time...

Since greek is not a monarchy anymore....i guess it doesn't really matter for Olga to give up her titles...besides.....the man which Olga is marrying is not a future monarch...so i guess this makes a difference

thank you... :) :) so it will be:

Her Royal Highness Princess Olga d'Aosta, Duchess d'Apulia, Princess of Greece, Princess of Denmark

please correct me if I was wrong, and was it in the correct order??

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard anything more regarding a specific date of the marriage?

Benjamin said:
Has anyone heard anything more regarding a specific date of the marriage?
No news. Many questions, no answers.

Warren said:
No news. Many questions, no answers.

Very nice couple, but they are many times cousins!! Quite shocking for me!!!

They are related from Olgas paternal granmother AND paternal grand mother:eek:
Amedeo's paternal grandmother (princess Ireny) and Olga's father were first cousins from greek side!
But also Amedeos mother and Michel de Grèce (Olga's father) are again first cousins, from the Orlean's side!!!!

Crasy no??:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom