Duke Carlos Javier and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma 1: August 2010- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The future husband of Princess Marie'Caroline is catholic or protestant?

The future husband of Princess Marie'Caroline is catholic or protestant?

I believe they are RC.:)...Not that it would matter in 2012AD as opposed to 2012BC......:D

One of his uncles is a priest here in Amsterdam.

However I am glad for Princess Irene , an engagement and perhaps a marriage this year and for sure a first born Prince or Princess of Bourbon Parma.
By the way , Lucien my best wishes for 2012 and a glory Royal year for your country.

So,the family was/is originally German/Bavarian and moved to the Netherlands?

Similar like Limburg-Stirum and Merode families,but Brenninkmeijer family was not noble..did they have any noble connections,intermarried with nobles so far?

Yes, I believe that they still have an annual family reunion in Memmingen, Bavaria actually.

I do not know of any marriages to nobles, but it wouldn't be surprising if there were some. The family is rather large. I do believe that many settled in Switzerland and Belgium over the years btw.

Congratulation to the new parents :flowers: Luisa is lovely name :)

All girls this year, Estelle of sweden , ? of Denmark, isabelle d’Orléans , Antoinette de Vendôme,... Philips.

Congratulations for the first born of the House of Bourbon Parme and am glad that her second name is Irene .

Beautiful name Louisa! A little cousin-playmate for Julia and Paola.

Congrats to parents and grandparents!

All girls this year, Estelle of sweden , ? of Denmark, isabelle d’Orléans , Antoinette de Vendôme,... Philips.

Congratulations for the first born of the House of Bourbon Parme and am glad that her second name is Irene .

... Philips is called Isla Elizabeth Philips.

Duke Carlos Javier was at the city hall of Den Haag today, May 14, for the birth registration of his daughter Princess Luisa:

** ppe gallery **

Adorable little girl. I love those serious, thoughtful eyes of hers. :)

Beautiful little girl :rose2: and she looks like her daddy :)

In the agency caption of these two pics it says:

"The cradle is covered with the dust of the wedding dress and covered with the veil" (I guess they mean "piece of material"
instead of "dust", at least I'm not familiar with "dust" in this context) - the idea itself is really romantic, isn't it? :)

Yes, he is the son of one of Beatrix's sisters Princess Irene of the Netherlands and Carlos Hugo, Duke of Parma. The was some controversy regarding this marriage.

From wikipedia

"While studying Spanish in Madrid, Irene met Carlos Hugo of Bourbon-Parma, eldest son of Carlist pretender to the throne of Spain, Xavier, Duke of Parma. In the summer of 1963, Princess Irene secretly converted from Protestantism to Roman Catholicism.[15] The first time the public or the Royal Family knew about the conversion was when a photograph appeared on the front page of an Amsterdam newspaper showing the Princess kneeling to receive communion at a Mass in the Roman Catholic Church of the Geronimites (Los Jerónimos) in Madrid.[16] Irene's conversion took place a year before her engagement announcement, but the royal family did not officially announce the news until January 1964.[17][18] When news leaked out that she was engaged to Prince Carlos Hugo (b.1930), it provoked a Protestant outcry and a constitutional crisis.[19][20]"" more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Irene_of_the_Netherlands

iceflower said:
In the agency caption of these two pics it says:

"The cradle is covered with the dust of the wedding dress and covered with the veil" (I guess they mean "piece of material"
instead of "dust", at least I'm not familiar with "dust" in this context) - the idea itself is really romantic, isn't it? :)

The crib is lined with fabric from the weddingdress and the curtain is made from the veil.
Lovely details!

First pictures of Princess Luisa Irene Constance Anna Maria de Bourbon de Parme!
She looks as if she had overflows!:eek: (on forehead and beside an eye.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who will be the godparents of the little Princess?

Netty Leistra writes on her site Netty's Royalty Page that Prince Jaime of Bourbon Parma broke up with Paulette van Ommen in a half year ago (his short biography in the section "Princes")

Duke Carlos Javier - together with Crown Princess Máxima - attended the anniversary celebration of Women on Wings in Austerlitz today, September 17. Since 2007 the organisation supports Indian companies with knowledge and management advice to create jobs for Indian women in rural areas.

** ppe gallery ** dpp gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom