Wedding of Fürst Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and Mahkameh Navabi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

REAL COUNTESS

Courtier
City
tacoma
Country
United States
Well today is the day,Prince Alexander will make his fiancee Mahkameh a Pss of Schaumburg Lippe. This is his 3rd marriage and her 2nd. I like to wish them the best for their future together. Hope we will get some nice pictures.

:previous: Congratulations to the couple!

Pictures from the Civil Wedding

https://www.brauerphotos.de/?138169...burg+Lippe+auf+Schloß+Bückeburg+am+12.09.2020

Princess Lilly being the bridesmaid at her ex's wedding:

"So : people ask me, if it isn’t strange to be your first husbands third Bride - Bridesmaid...; my answer is: nothing ever felt more natural!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFiLtBPHIDj/

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photos a very happy couple. Congratulation to them for the future. They all seem to get a long great.

Congratulations to the couple!

Princess Lilly being the bridesmaid at her ex's wedding:

"So : people ask me, if it isn’t strange to be your first husbands third Bride - Bridesmaid...; my answer is: nothing ever felt more natural!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFiLtBPHIDj/

Well, Princess Lilly lives in Schloss Bückeburg and has remained friends with his first husband. It's good that they have remained in good terms because of their son.

Last edited:
Well, Princess Lilly lives in Schloss Bückeburg and has remained friends with his first husband. It's good that they have remained in good terms because of their son.

Brava!!!! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Nice photos a very happy couple. Congratulation to them for the future. They all seem to get a long great.
Not sure how well he gets along with his second wife given that his daughters Felipa (aged 11) and Philomena (aged 9) are nowhere to be seen. His relationship with his first wife and son by his first wife seems fine.

Not sure how well he gets along with his second wife given that his daughters Felipa (aged 11) and Philomena (aged 9) are nowhere to be seen. His relationship with his first wife and son by his first wife seems fine.

Some article mentioned that they attended their father's Wedding. Could be that there was an agreement that they would not be photgraphed. When they where born photos where released and it was said that they would be keept out of of the public.

Great Royal Attendence . I noticed Prince Georg of Prussia , Archduke Karl of Habsbourg with new Partner ? I am waiting the guest list .

Yes the bride looked radiant and to wonderful to see the horse and carriage arrival at the church.

Is it really possible to have three religious weddings and two divorces?:eek:

Which tiara did Princess Mahkameh wear?

She wore the Schaumburg Lippe Palmette Tiara, Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe‘s mother and his previous wives have also worn it for the weddings.

It is, as Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe is a member of the Evangelical Reformed Church to Bückeburg. If he had been Catholic it wouldn’t have been that easy…

Last edited:
He is protestant (evangelisch). The evangelische Church in Germany accepts a civil divorce and one can marry relgiously there as often as one want's.

Were his daughters present at the wedding?
His son was present not only with his mother (Who was Dame of Honour) but also with his maternal half-sister, 16-year-old Lana Milona (daughter of Princess Lily and her second husband Lambros Milona)

Good that Prince Alexander and Princess Lily have such a good relationship!

How old is Princess Mahkameh? Anyone knows?

Last edited:
His son was present not only with his mother (Who was Dame of Honour) but also with his maternal half-sister, 16-year-old Lana Milona (daughter of Princess Lily and her second husband Lambros Milona)

Good that Prince Alexander and Princess Lily have such a good relationship!

How old is Princess Mahkameh? Anyone knows?

Mahkameh is 40 years old.

„Lilly zu Sayn-Wittgenstein: “Alexander and I went through ups & downs”

... (..)

Lilly zu Sayn-Wittgenstein gets along very well with the new wife at the side of her ex-husband. She also likes to refer to the native Iranian as a “friend”, about whom she raves in the highest tones: “She is an absolute person of the heart, that connects us.”

When asked whether Mahkameh Navabi might even be a better fit for Alexander than herself, Lilly zu Sayn-Wittgenstein replied: “Definitely. Above all, they have a world that they open up together, that is the world of music. They play the piano together, there is so much joy and happiness. “ ...“

https://news.in-24.com/lifestyle/news/140126.html

Great Royal Attendance. I noticed Prince Georg of Prussia, Archduke Karl of Habsburg with new Partner? I am waiting the guest list .

A few more guests ...

Guillame and Sibilla of Luxembourg
Jean and Diane of Luxembourg
Alexander and Sarah von Isenburg
George Windsor, Earl of St Andrews and wife, Sylvana
Elisabeth of Bavaria and husband, Dr. Daniel Terberger
Manuel of Bavaria and wife, Anna
Ernst-August of Hanover and wife, Ekaterina

Regarding Archduke Karl of Hapsburg, the photograph identifies him as being with Camilla Habsburg-Lothringen, Archduchess of Austria and Princess of Tuscany. She was the only child of Maximillian of Austria and his wife Doris Williams. Karl wished to marry her back in the 1990's, but at the time she was not of equal rank. Her standing was eventually upgraded but they never married. In 2017, he announced his new partner as Christian Reid, a women that some say looks a lot like Camilla. Base on other photos, I would say it is Christian Reid that he is with at the wedding, and not Camilla.

Yes, his daughters served as "flower-girls" wearing short white dresses and helping with their stepmother's train. "At 1.03 p.m., Princess Felipa of Schaumburg-Lippe (age 12) handed her dad, Alexander, the small dark blue box with the wedding rings, a little later the jewelry was stuck to the fingers of the bride and groom without complications."

Lilly zu Sayn-Wittgenstein: “Alexander and I went through ups & downs”

... When Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe marries his new love, the concert pianist Mahkameh Navabi (40), in church on the weekend of October 9th, after the civil wedding last year, Lilly must of course not be missing. She even took on an important role and will act as maid of honor.

That Lilly zu Sayn-Wittgenstein and Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe get along well again after the divorce did not happen overnight ... But the former couple could not completely break away from each other after the marriage – after all, they have a child that they both care for ...

Lilly zu Sayn-Wittgenstein gets along very well with the new wife at the side of her ex-husband. She also likes to refer to the native Iranian as a “friend”, about whom she raves in the highest tones: “She is an absolute person of the heart, that connects us.”

When asked whether Mahkameh Navabi might even be a better fit for Alexander than herself, Lilly zu Sayn-Wittgenstein replied: “Definitely. Above all, they have a world that they open up together, that is the world of music. They play the piano together, there is so much joy and happiness. “ ...

https://news.in-24.com/lifestyle/news/140126.html

Very nice statement from Lilly about her so-called "successor" :flowers:

Are she and Lambros Milona divorced? He didn't attend (as he did at Alexander's previous wedding)

Are she and Lambros Milona divorced? He didn't attend (as he did at Alexander's previous wedding)

Don't know if they are divorced now but they have announced their separation years ago.

Certainly an unusual situation for a Royal/Princely wedding but what it lacks in orthodoxy it makes up for in warmth and genuine happiness for all concerned.

I say BRAVO!;)

Is the bride German or Iranian?

I start to understand why some of the nobility are missing at some of the weddings: it has truly been a wedding season over the last month and half or so. I wouldn't be surprised if some had invites for a wedding for (almost) all weekends.

The groom is Lutheran, so I assume his weddings are as well. It's the Roman Catholic church that is much stricter as it is considered a sacrament - unlike in most protestant churches (which is also why they invented the system of annulment for people to still be allowed another religious wedding). But I fully understand your concern.

The groom is Lutheran, so I assume his weddings are as well. It's the Roman Catholic church that is much stricter as it is considered a sacrament - unlike in most protestant churches (which is also why they invented the system of annulment for people to still be allowed another religious wedding). But I fully understand your concern.

No, marriage annulments already existed in the Christian church before it was split into Catholic and Protestant churches. There are many examples of medieval European royalty and nobility who were granted annulments long before the separation of Protestantism and Catholicism. After the Protestant Reformation, the governments of Protestant countries such as England preserved the option of annulling marriages in their laws.

:previous: Indeed. It was a declaration of nullity that King Henry VIII was seeking from his marriage to Catherine of Aragon in the 1520's.

He wanted Rome to declare that his marriage had been null and void from the beginning, as Pope Julius had erred in providing a dispensation to permit Henry to wed his brother Arthur's widow.

Last edited:
Various photographs of Alexander and Mahkameh's wedding

No, marriage annulments already existed in the Christian church before it was split into Catholic and Protestant churches. There are many examples of medieval European royalty and nobility who were granted annulments long before the separation of Protestantism and Catholicism. After the Protestant Reformation, the governments of Protestant countries such as England preserved the option of annulling marriages in their laws.

I was talking about the current situation. Did not intend at all to discuss whether it was present prior to the protestants splitting of from what remained as the Roman Catholic church.

I was talking about the current situation. Did not intend at all to discuss whether it was present prior to the protestants splitting of from what remained as the Roman Catholic church.

Your last post which answered a question about a recent wedding stated "It's the Roman Catholic church that is much stricter as it is considered a sacrament - unlike in most protestant churches (which is also why they invented the system of annulment for people to still be allowed another religious wedding)."

To my understanding, your post implies the current Catholic church invented a marriage annulment system whereas the current Protestant churches did not do the same. That would only have been possible if the invention took place after the two denominations had split off from each other. Or did I misunderstand?

Back
Top Bottom