The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2020, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

The Cour website has been inconsistent/slow to update for years. Recently, it seems their media/PR person is prioritizing social media with instagram, twitter, and facebook updated before the website.

With such a big family and several adult children having families of their own, I'd imagine it's difficult to get everyone together for a group photo. Members come and go during summer and winter holidays.

As for the statement about Stephanie's childhood surrounded by siblings, well...maybe the siblings kept in touch? Stephanie attended secondary schools in northern France and Brussels so she wasn't at Anvaing constantly either. I agree the writer could have left out the "surrounded by her seven brothers and sisters" part.

Old 05-25-2020, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

The family use to spend a lot of time together and, like any family, have "drifted" somewhat since three of the children married when, like any family, suddenly holidays have to be split between the two families and there are children and suddenly even that big house is Cabasson isn't as big and roomy as it once looked. I think they are close its just tricky getting everyone in one picture, I know in my family there aren't that many occasions we are all together.

The website is massively out of date, I wonder if that will change soon as one of the point noted in the Waringo report was that while the Grand Duchess has a fancy new website of her own that of the Cour is outdated.

Maybe we will soon see a new website for them all which is more up to date.

Old 05-25-2020, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The family use to spend a lot of time together and, like any family, have "drifted" somewhat since three of the children married when, like any family, suddenly holidays have to be split between the two families and there are children and suddenly even that big house is Cabasson isn't as big and roomy as it once looked. I think they are close its just tricky getting everyone in one picture, I know in my family there aren't that many occasions we are all together.

The website is massively out of date, I wonder if that will change soon as one of the point noted in the Waringo report was that while the Grand Duchess has a fancy new website of her own that of the Cour is outdated.

Maybe we will soon see a new website for them all which is more up to date.
Hopefully. As the current one is hopeless. While they do report on activities, it shouldn't be too hard to keep the rest of the website up to date as well.

Cleaning up all the pages, so it doesn't paint a rosy picture that isn't true would help; such as them spending lots of time together - you can still be close without doing so - or having Stéphanie grow up 'surrounded by' her siblings, while pretty soon, most of them had left home. The message that the family is close; and that Stéphanie was the youngest of 8 provides sufficient information.