The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 08:40 AM
Serene Highness

i heard the numerology reading thing - I though it was terribly funny and this was just after they announced they were pregnant. Yes - London's top astrology is pretty expensive. If that has any truth in it - I will wet myself.

The problem with the money is some of it appears unaccounted for. The press have a rough estimate of what things cost and what funds Harry has - but there is a huge gapping gap. Something does not add up. but it is all based by assumption, so that probably accounts for it.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:50 AM
Royal Highness

"Royals At War" says the Duchess of Sussex's determination to remain true to herself caused the Duchess of Cambridge to have a meeting with the Queen in December 2018.

As a result of this, the Queen took Meghan under her wing personally to help and guide her.

It also says that the two Duchess's had an argument at the bridesmaid's wedding rehearsal about the titles of the Cambridge children which "unleashed a torrent of pent-up emotions".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-markle-latest

And here is a video of an interview, on Australian television, by one if the authors of "Royals At War", at the top of this article -

https://7news.com.au/the-morning-sho...ver--c-1132551

Old 06-30-2020, 09:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
More from "Royals At War" -

This book claims the excessive spending of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex was part of the reason for the rift between Princes William and Harry.

The expenses for the Sussex's "health drive" included a three-night babymoon at Heckfield Place spa for thirty-three thousand pounds.

And, the Duchess had a "gung-ho" attitude and rushed into situations, and raced to support charities, without consideration of outcomes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...e-William.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...dds-staff.html
I notice the figures comes with "allegedly" and "estimated".

Still no named sources.

That W&K advised Harry to take it easy and not rush into a marriage is IMO very plausible, but it's also pure speculation. Because I doubt W&K would have talked about this to anyone but very close family members and perhaps one or two of the most trusted friends and advisors. - All of whom would hardly go yapping to the press.

Without named sources or public statements the notion that a number of staff members were dissatisfied with Meghan and/or quit because of her is gossip.
Unless there are statements from a staff member saying I XX quit my job because of A B C issues with Meghan, it's unfounded rumors.
- Personally I find it very plausible that there were indeed a number of issues between H&M and certainly senior members of their staff. The way they handled the whole thing about cutting lose from the BRF suggests to me that they completely overruled advise from senior staff members. And logic dictates that if H&M had issues with senior staff members it's very likely they had issues with junior staff members as well. - But that is pure speculation from my point.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:18 AM
Royal Highness

The book says the Queen was the new Duchess' biggest ally, but Meghan insisted on carving her own way and the relationship between the two women soured.

No wonder we got "Megxit".

https://www.usmagazine.com/shop-with...meghan-markle/
Old 06-30-2020, 09:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The book says the Queen was the new Duchess' biggest ally, but Meghan insisted on carving her own way and the relationship between the two women soured.

This unnamed quote: “Her Majesty has seen it all and could offer [Meghan] some helpful advice. Meghan would do well to nurture that relationship and pop over for occasional cup of tea with the Queen. Meghan doesn’t need an invitation.”

Makes perfect sense and is believable and I see nothing extraordinary in this - neither one way or the other.
Surely the Monarch (and grandmother) would support and advise a newcomer to the family. And lending the newcomer an experienced advisor would IMO be routine.
Nothing suggests to me that QEII and Meghan were bosom friends or that QEII favored Meghan over W&K.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

Perfect sense or not there are no corroborating witnesses to go on record and back up the claims. It's still gossip packaged as a researched book.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
"Royals At War" says the Duchess of Sussex's determination to remain true to herself caused the Duchess of Cambridge to have a meeting with the Queen in December 2018.

As a result of this, the Queen took Meghan under her wing personally to help and guide her.

It also says that the two Duchess's had an argument at the bridesmaid's wedding rehearsal about the titles of the Cambridge children which "unleashed a torrent of pent-up emotions".

I wonder what kind of argument "about the titles of the Cambridge children" they could possibly have had. Did Meghan argue against William's children being HRHs and princes/princesses, which would be totally odd since they are the children of the eldest living son of the Prince of Wales and, most likely, will be the King's children at some point in the future ? Or did she argue that her (future) children should have similar titles, which would not make sense either as, first of all, Harry and Meghan were the first to decline the use of the courtesy title of Earl of Dumbarton for Archie (suggesting they don't care about titles for their children) and, second, when Prince Charles becomes King, Harry and Meghan's children would be HRH Prince/Princess [xxx] of Sussex anyway as per the Letters Patent of 1917.

Honestly that doesn't sound credible to me.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What I see happening is called "jumping on the bandwagon". All the gossip and speculation and rumor surrounding Harry and Meghan amplified in the past six months or so with a whole lot that "supposedly" went down since it became known that Harry and Meghan were a couple.

Everyone sitting on this bandwagon from tabloids to entertainment news to the recent influx of "tell all" book authors have only one motive in mind. Put the green dollars in their pocket. They're making hoards of money by getting the public to read, absorb, talk about and buy the books that bring this couple as alive and decadent as Oscar Wilde's decadent character Algernon Moncrieff.

I'm not buying into it at all. Then again, I'm not much of one for fiction.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What I see happening is called "jumping on the bandwagon". All the gossip and speculation and rumor surrounding Harry and Meghan amplified in the past six months or so with a whole lot that "supposedly" went down since it became known that Harry and Meghan were a couple.

Everyone sitting on this bandwagon from tabloids to entertainment news to the recent influx of "tell all" book authors have only one motive in mind. Put the green dollars in their pocket. They're making hoards of money by getting the public to read, absorb, talk about and buy the books that bring this couple as alive and decadent as Oscar Wilde's decadent character Algernon Moncrieff.

I'm not buying into it at all. Then again, I'm not much of one for fiction.

I actually like fiction and I am especially a big fan of historic fiction (both in books and in movies), but only as long as it doesn't pretend to pass as fact.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Katie Nicholl has come to the defence of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, saying they have "learned from the mistakes of the past" in regards to their approach to their charity work.

Referencing "Royal At War", Ms Nicholl quotes a source who has worked with the couple -

Meghan and Harry "have a tendency to hatch big projects over dinner and expect them to be actioned within days".

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/202...launch-delayed
Old 06-30-2020, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Katie Nicholl has come to the defence of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, saying they have "learned from the mistakes of the past" in regards to their approach to their charity work.
Katie Nicholls is also an author of a book on William and Catherine where she states as fact that over a picnic in Africa, the two of them secretly vowed that one day they will marry. Just how anyone could know what they said to each other on a private picnic that was just between the two of them is a mystery to me.

Another author I wouldn't pay two red cents to read again.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Referencing "Royal At War", Ms Nicholl quotes a source who has worked with the couple -

Meghan and Harry "have a tendency to hatch big projects over dinner and expect them to be actioned within days".

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/202...launch-delayed
What I read was counter-rumors.

One anonymous source says A, another says: no, it's B.
And we are left none the wiser.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness

Hi Muhler, just saw your message. The video is at the top of the article. There is also a bolded message just underneath it - "Watch the full interview above". Here's a re-post of it.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Hi Muhler, just saw your message. The video is at the top of the article. There is also a bolded message just underneath it - "Watch the full interview above". Here's a re-post of it.

Sorry, can't see any video. Only a photo of William and Harry. - And try as I might it ain't a moving picture.
Geo-block perhaps?
Old 06-30-2020, 08:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Sorry, can't see any video. Only a photo of William and Harry. - And try as I might it ain't a moving picture.
Geo-block perhaps?
Yes, maybe Muhler.

Oh well, there is bound to be more about these many recent books to come out, so plenty still to discuss and have a think about.

Though I've yet to actually read any of them - except the free first couple of chapters of the Lady Colin Campbell book - I've got a clearer idea of what led to the current situation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

A lot of dots have joined up for me. (I haven't shared/posted on this forum everything I've read.)

Will be very interesting to see how events continue to unfold.

I am certainly much more wised up to the processes of the Public Relations industry.

Also, the realisation of how much of the Royal Family's set up/goings-on that the ordinary people don't know about until a little sliver gets out.

These various books coming out now have been at a good time for me.

It's been really enjoyable to post about them, and some of the robust push-back from fellow posters has been lively. Much more interesting than just posting and no-one responds.

And I won't be suprised if there are even more new books about this whole situation still in the works, that we haven't yet heard about.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:02 PM
Royal Highness

Vanity Fair covering the author of "Royals At War".

This book may have some tidbits about the Duke and Duchess' future direction, gleaned from converstations with people known by them in Hollywood.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/202...ump-connection
Old 07-01-2020, 12:06 AM
Nobility

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...357182fdc88294

This article seems to state that Royals at War is claiming that Doria is receiving sone sort of allowance from the RF
Old 07-01-2020, 12:45 AM
Majesty

Well, the authors definitely got that little titbit from social media. I remember anti Meghan Tumblr sites claiming that Harry and Meghan were paying for Doria way back in early 2018!

Take a look at the background of these two authors. Very entertaining. One was an entertainment journalist, who has worked for several US sites like RadarOnline. The other is a freelancer. Their last excursion was 'The Last Tapes of Charles Manson'!
Old 07-01-2020, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Sadly, I can buy it. Meghan wanted everything that went with being Royal, but she didn’t want to give anything up. This goes hand in hand with reports that stated she wanted to create her own sort of revolution.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Sadly, I can buy it. Meghan wanted everything that went with being Royal, but she didn’t want to give anything up. This goes hand in hand with reports that stated she wanted to create her own sort of revolution.

I have no problem in believing this Betsypaige.

We saw the Duchess of Sussex at Sandringham for Christmas, she accompanied Her Majesty on the Royal Train. The Queen lent her most experienced staff member - can't remember her name sorry - to give guidance for the first six months.

These things just don't happen for everyone.

Meghan was only attached to the Royal Family via a grandson.

She wasn't going to become a daughter-in-law of the Queen. She wasn't attached to the direct line of succession.

Of all the mis-steps, this would have to be up there as one of the biggest. To get the Queen offside. To get the Queen herself offside. And to get her offside after all you had been given by her.

Not so smart of the Duchess.

That is, not so smart if the Duchess really cared where she now found herself in life - in the bosom of the world's most famous Royal Family.

Of course, if she - as I have been reading - went in with the attitude of simply getting what she could, and then getting out, then it seems her plan has worked well for her.

Closed Thread