Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 3 (May 2017-Aug 2020)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely photo from the family's Christmas card! I like that it was taken in Seville since that's where the couple met IIRC. I love Alexia's facial expression :D

Lovely photo from the family's Christmas card! I like that it was taken in Seville since that's where the couple met IIRC. I love Alexia's facial expression :D
That was indeed where they met and was the reason they went to Sevilla with their daughters as this year marked 20 years since they met at the Sevilla Fair.

:previous:

Apparently the entire country was applauding yesterday at 8 o'clock in the evening to salute the care workers. Nice that they posted this video.

The family is in self isolation until March 21st as in Lech there were several cases of Corona patients. that means that several planned working visits will not go ahead.

Last edited:
:previous:

Apparently the entire country was applauding yesterday at 8 o'clock in the evening to salute the care workers. Nice that they posted this video.

So awesome to see the Dutch Royal Family and the Dutch people show appreciation to their healthcare workers during this very challenging time.

Nice to see them all participating in the widespread solidarity with the Healthcare workers.

Such a simple gesture that carries a powerful message and boosts morale during this difficult time.

I wonder why the RH posts on Twitter, that disgusting sewer of the lowest of the low. On FB or Instagram at least the comments can be moderated.

Last edited:
The Dutch Church in London is still optimistic about postponing Kings Day but having a party in the summertime instead:

“ The organising parties, The Dutch Church, The Dutch Centre, Koning Willem Fonds and Vereniging Neerlandia have decided to postpone this year's King's Day event, but aim to paint the town orange this summer. Not just as a delayed celebration of King Willem-Alexander's birthday, but also to acknowledge and toast to us all coming together again.

Love it! What a nice gesture. As an OB RN I can attest to the fact that it is rough going into work. The goodwill gestures are appreciated!

Love it! What a nice gesture. As an OB RN I can attest to the fact that it is rough going into work. The goodwill gestures are appreciated!
m

Do be extra careful. You are like a front line trooper in this war against the virus.

A lovely heartwarming gesture from WA and his family. I'm sure it was greatly appreciated by the residents of the care home! Stay safe, too, Alisa. ?

The King will speech this evening at 19.00PM local time on TV.

A message for the Easter from the Royal Couple:

“Just before Easter - the feast of hope - we wish you good days. Hold on, be careful and stay at home as much as possible. We will get through this together with patience, solidarity, perseverance and confidence in the future. Thank you to everyone who is committed to this with heart and soul! ”
King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima"

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=f96126f2a03d38e732d13f23378f84d0&oe=5EB4F481

Last edited by a moderator:
It's beautiful! Is it 2 separate homes. The video showed 2 separate properties right next to each other- each home with a pool.

Or is one home for security personnel or is it a guest house?

It's beautiful! Is it 2 separate homes. The video showed 2 separate properties right next to each other- each home with a pool.

Or is one home for security personnel or is it a guest house?

Yes, there is an annex with big garage for the staff and security. The long sea-proof concrete pier and the road to it was made on instigation of the security, to have an entrance or exit over water when there is a calamity. It was paid for by the Dutch taxpayer (as the State is responsible for the King's security) but in media it was portrayed as a free pier for the King to use his yacht or speedboat.

Initially (then) Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima bought an exclusive domain in Mozambique, which was met with lots of critics. Because Mozambique is a poor country it was seen as "insulting" to live in premium luxury there. And the Mozambiquans never could provide the high standard of security, which meant lots of security to be flown to Africa, even a ship of the Royal Netherlands Navy had to patrol in front of the Mozambiquan coast, while the royal family would enjoy their holiday.

On time the princely couple came to their senses and sold their Mozambiquan dream. The three sons of Princess Beatrix jointly own Rocco dei Dragoni in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa (Italy) but I think only Princess Beatrix and maybe Constantijn & Mabel use this dream retreat in Tuscany.

Last edited:
Wow, a lovely home! It looks almost like two put together if the whole plot is now theirs. Perfect way to keep some privacy for the family whilst having room for staff and security.

Rocco dei Dragoni in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa is a fantastic property from the pictures I've seen, imagine being able to use both of these amazing holiday homes.

Duc_et_Pair thanks for the detailed explanation.

IIRC, the couple also owns a sprawling multimillion dollar ranch in Patagonia as well.

Besides, the property in Tavarnalle didn't Beatrix's boys jointly inherit the winter vacation home in Lech?

Duc_et_Pair thanks for the detailed explanation.

IIRC, the couple also owns a sprawling multimillion dollar ranch in Patagonia as well.

Besides, the property in Tavarnalle didn't Beatrix's boys jointly inherit the winter vacation home in Lech?

No, for more than 60 years the royal family makes use of the hotel Gasthof Post in Lech, owned by the Moosbrugger family, they are privately befriended with. So they make use of an (expensive) hotel. Apparently never the idea has come up to buy property in Lech.

Last edited:
Interesting...one would think a home is much more convenient. Thanks!

Interesting...one would think a home is much more convenient. Thanks!

Gasthof Post is named after the former Post Office it once was. It is with the Moosbrugger family for 80 years and for 60 years the annual winter holiday destination of the Dutch royal family. When we have Beatrix, her children and grandchildren they need 14 rooms. Plus several rooms for staff and security. But the hotel provides a separate chalet as well special suites. They are so close with the Moosbruggers, that the three sons of Princess Beatrix were youth friends to them. When Prince Friso had his accident in that avalanche, he was actually skiing with Florian Moosbrugger, who saw it all happening and digged the Prince out of the snow with his hands, waiting for the alarmed emergency services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom