Queen Máxima, Current Events Part 2 (October 2017 - November 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

It seems the mask was only removed for the discussion panel, which is standard practice from what I see on television.

I am not sure what the rules are in the Netherlands but it seems more relaxed than elsewhere. Last week there were elections and I have seen many photos of politicians in groups indoors, without masks & barely keeping distance. Yesterday we heard that a minister has tested positive for COVID. Several members of the cabinet, which still meets in person, said they did not see the need to get tested. Among them the health minister himself!

The discussion panel near the table not only was with Queen Máxima but also with the minister of Finance.

Last edited:
Queen Máxima has recorded a message for today's anniversary broadcast "The Reunion - 40 years of unlimited encounters" for the 40th anniversary of the Dutch Education Abroad Foundation:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Queen Máxima receives a visit from a delegation from the Méér Muziek in de Klas Foundation with a surprise in honor of her fiftieth birthday!

That looked like fun! I thought they would've played instruments for her.
Would someone give a summary of what transpired if it's not too much trouble please?

They're there for her Birthday in 50 days! They explained that for her birthday they want to give her the gift of making a lot more kids excited for music, so the next 50 days they will be doing that and collecting 50 candles while they do it, Màxima had the honour of putting the first one on the cake. The kids will be vlogging about it while they do it. Small summary of what was happening.
That looked like fun! I thought they would've played instruments for her.
Would someone give a summary of what transpired if it's not too much trouble please?

Queen Máxima visited the petrochemical company Huntsman Holland BV in Rotterdam-Botlek this afternoon, April 7:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

And she inspected the pilot projects on rapid tests in education and business at the Valentine's School in Rotterdam-Delfshaven:

** ppe gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
This afternoon, April 8, Queen Máxima virtually talked to representatives of Dutch choirs who are affected by the Corona rules and are currently not allowed to practice together:

** Pic **

Today, April 20, Queen Máxima paid a working visit to the cleaning company CSU in Uden, the winner of the King Willem I Prize in the Large Business category:

** rex gallery ** ppe gallery **

Today, April 23, Queen Máxima visited Veenendaal to talk about the consequences of the corona crisis for the labor market:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
An tv interview at the most prominent spot of the day at the Dutch national tv (right after the 8 o'clock news on the public channel 1) by the most well-known presenter.

She,our Maxima,drove all over the country,on her own,and stopped to have refreshments,and bitterballen along the way and also improving her Dutch language skills...While wearing a wig and playing silly...What a girl,nuestra chica latina!I just love her!!

Nah,I didn´t make that up,she told it in the interview.God Bless our Maxima!

I never see stamps, coins and banknotes. The Pandemic made these almost relics from a bygone past.

I just saw the interview with Máxima, which was broadcasted tonight on the occassion of her 50th birthday. I was rather surprised. We have never seen an interview that was this relaxed, natural and with such direct and difficult questions.

The queen was articulate, authentic, likable, intelligent and she knows it is not about her, always trying to shift the focus to the people she meets, the volunteers, the projects etc. I don't think that there is anybody in the whole country who has this amount of charm and charisma. It is hard to imagine anybody could have been better at this function in The Netherlands.

Some questions were surprising, as the interviewer did not evade the difficult subjects. First and foremost about the death of her sister, about which she seemed rather open and even talkative. The only time she struggled was when Matthijs van Nieuwkerk was asking her about the speedboat. Can you imagine anybody daring to raise such a thing to Queen Beatrix? How times have changed!

In the beginning it seemed that Matthijs van Nieuwkerk -a routinier - was a bit nervous as his hands were shaking. He talked a bit too much but it is hard to imagine anybody would be better suited to do this kind of interview - at least from the perspective of the royal house.

Some other tidbits:

before the engagement Máxima was travelling through the country by car. Visiting all kinds of places, while wearing a wig.

when Amalia was younger they saw a clip of the wedding and the adios nonino on television. Amalia asked: what did daddy do to make you cry?

Van Niewkerk quoted the last lines of the first part of the Máxima biography of Marcia Luyten. A friend of Máxima named Tristana laid out tarot cards to predict Máxima's future. She predicted that she would move to Europe, have a change of carreer and sign a contract with her spouse. Máxima herself added that by that time she thought that she would never get married and have a family of her own and she wondered how to get enough satisfaction out of her work to fill that gap.

about Amalia and her future; I don't see her as the future queen but as my little baby.

on the question: 'what does he [WA] mean to you': she replied: apart from being the father of my children, my husband ... he is my anchor. He keeps me focused, he pushes me and inspires me to do my work, but he holds me at the same time. That combination is fantastic. Of course we have a great time together, with our children, he is a very good father, has a lot of humor, an enormous support.

the presentor gve the queen a book of poems by Pablo Neruda, from which she read one poem. In return she gave him the poems of Louise Glück. The queen said she loves reading poetry and that it relaxes her.

Last edited:
Thank you! I really hope a full transcript is done by someone !

So far I only saw a few tidbits; Máxima was clearly getting emotional when she was asked what Willem-Alexander means to her. She took a few seconds to formulate her answer. Quite lovely to see.

They also discussed the disastrous holiday in Greece. Máxima explained that during the whole pandemic they had been focusing on what was still possible, so for them it was a logical choice to go to Greece as it was 'yellow' and they had their own home there; so, it was permitted. Only later they realized that they failed in 'solidarity'. Her solution for now: work even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom