Names for Willem-Alexander and Maxima's 3rd child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Julianna? That's a pretty name. For a boy, maybe Alexander?

I truly do hope that if she's having another girl that they won't choose a name that starts with an A. :wacko:
I totally have no idea what they're going to choose (I would never have guessed Catharina-Amalia or Alexia either) so I'm not even going to try...:lol:

JohnRaven said:
If it is a boy my guess is the names Claus and George (Jorge, Maxima's father) will be the middle names. First name? Alexander, Frederik,.....

For a girl my money is on: Helena and Emma:

Princess Amalia
Princess Alexia
Princess Helena or Emma....

Sounds good.

By the way Catharina is in fact a name from the Orange-Nassau family:

Henriëtte-Catharina was a daughter of Frederik-Hendrik and Amalia von Solms-Braunsfeld. Henriëtte-Catharina married Johan Georg II Fürst von Anhalt-Dessau. Their daugher, Henriëtte-Amalia married her first cousin Hendrik-Casimir II von Nassau-Dietz (who's mother was Albertine-Agnes, another daughter of Frederik-Hendrik and Amalia) Their son Johan Willem Friso von Nassau-Dietz became the heir of King-Stadtholder Willem III of Orange-Nassau.

I am all with you on this John. Personally I would like a Louise-Henriette, thus naming Electress Louise-Henriette of Brandenburg and Louise de Coligny. All anscestors of the little (possible) girl. I like Albertine-Agnes to. As I do most all traditional names like Emma, Helena, Pauline, Sophie.

The couple will probably use a name that is simular is Spanish and Dutch, as they did for Catharina and Alexia (somehow I really do not want to consider the possibility of a boy).

Mathilde1286 said:
What about Julianna? That's a pretty name. For a boy, maybe Alexander?

I would like that very much, but Juliana is already one of the names of little Alexia and I do not think the couple will name the late Queen another time. But one never knows. If it is a boy I hope they won't call him Bernhard btw.

fee said:
I think for a girls name they will keep their tradition with the initial "A" and the -ia-ending, otherwise the third little girl seems so different (something like Amalia and Alexia and oh yes little Melody)
If they want the 'ia' sound they can go for the name Tertia, which means "the third". :lol:

There are gorgeous girls names ending with for example an 'E', would be nice if they chose something else than an A, 'Josephine' sounds regal enough for you 'Sietske' nay sayers, ;), but Maxima would probably never go for anything other than an A at the end.

for a boy, a Roman name would be cool, like Cassius or something like that. Or even a Dutch name like Maarten, which translates as Martin, the name of Maxima's sympathetic seeming brother.

I would expect something like Emma or Juliana as they like traditional names..
what about boy`s names? :ermm:
I have no idea...
something with Bernhard as a middlename.

adeleide is such a nice name... i really hope they choose it as one of the names for the baby if she is a princess.

to extend the idea a little bit and as the repertory of names is quite ample, i would say any regal and old names would be a great idea.

Last edited:
Adelaida

carlota said:
adeleide is such a nice name...

I agree. But then in the Spanish form: Princess Adelaida.

:flowers:

Z.K.H. de Prins van Oranje
H.K.H. prinses Máxima
H.K.H. prinses Catharina-Amalia
H.K.H. prinses Alexia
H.K.H. prinses Adelaida

Poor Alexander... so surronded by ladies all the time.
;)

Adelaida is a very old-fashioned name in spanish!!

If they stick with the 'A's for girls I really like Antonia, Adelaide or Arabella. But I can see them going with something traditional like Julianna, Emma or Beatrix, despite them all already being taken. My favorite would have to be Cecilia though. Amalia, Alexia and Cecilia!

For boys, I haven't a clue! Probably one of the family names such as Willem, George, Bernhard, Frederik, etc.

rosana said:
Adelaida is a very old-fashioned name in spanish!!

Yes, but so are Catharina-Amalia or Beatriz, etc.

I don't think its going to be Julianna. Doesn't really matter that its one of Alexia's middle names. Its all the name of Alexander's first cousin. Julianna Guillermo (sp)....wasn't she a bridesmaid at the wedding? I think both Maxima and Alexander are fairly close to her.

Zonk said:
I don't think its going to be Julianna. Doesn't really matter that its one of Alexia's middle names. Its all the name of Alexander's first cousin. Julianna Guillermo (sp)....wasn't she a bridesmaid at the wedding? I think both Maxima and Alexander are fairly close to her.

Yes she was. I don't know how close they are to Juliana Guillermo though. During the beginning of the Margarita scandal some in the press said that Juliana Guillermo was on the verge of opening up to the media to. I don't know what the truth behind this is. However when the family stood outside to wave goodbye to Prince Bernhrad Maxima seemed very supportive of Juliana jr.

how about naming their third girl (if it is that)after uncle Constantijn, you'd get something like 'Constantina'.

For a boy, actually naming him after Friso or Constantijn would be a good way out.

Constantina Mabel

or

Juan-Friso

Sophia-Hedwig

I like the sound of the gentle Sophia linked to matronly Hedwig.

Sophia-Hedwig of Nassau-Dietz born Duchess of Brunswick-Wolffenbüttel (1592-1642) was the wife of Ernst-Casimir of Nassau-Dietz, a direct descendant of Prince Willem-Alexander.

Henri M. said:
Yes, but so are Catharina-Amalia or Beatriz, etc.

:flowers:[/quoteYou´re right,you barely find a girl named Amalia or Beatriz in Argentina, althought in Spain it´s very different, but with some exceptions, like Luana or joanna, royalty tends to use old, traditional names.

princess olga said:
how about naming their third girl (if it is that)after uncle Constantijn, you'd get something like 'Constantina'.

For a boy, actually naming him after Friso or Constantijn would be a good way out.

Constantina Mabel

or

Juan-Friso

Constantina... I am reading a book about good old empreror Constantine now (and all the Constantia's, Constantina's etc in his family) so i am all in favour. :ROFLMAO:

It isn't very likely that the couple will use a foreign name though, so no Juan but Jan.

-

To Henri: I love the name Sophia-Hedwig to! But let's hope the girl (possible girl) won't turn out like the barebreasted woman I saw on a painting at palace Het Loo :)

A baby girl Adriana Louisa:)

Last edited:
Marengo said:
Constantina... I am reading a book about good old empreror Constantine now (and all the Constantia's, Constantina's etc in his family) so i am all in favour. :ROFLMAO:
Constantina's not a bad one, eh? :lol:

-

Marengo said:
To Henri: I love the name Sophia-Hedwig to!
Me too! That;s one of the best one's out there imo! Hedwig, that's such a special name! Maxima wouldn't like it though probably: I certainly get the sense she doesn't take a shine to Northern European names, which is too bad.

What are some names that are assoiated with the Royal Family, because they should chose a nice traditional name

For a girl

Emma-Sophie Isabella Maria Charlotte

For a boy :

Frederik-Alexander Claus Jorge Willem

A few names from Willem-Alexander's lineage

boston01 said:
What are some names that are assoiated with the Royal Family, because they should chose a nice traditional name

There are so many, many names in the Orange-Nassau family tree, but let me keep it a bit short and look in Willem-Alexander's main tree:

Claudia
Claudia de Châlon-d’Arlay (1498-1521), Princess of Orange (1498-1521)

Anna / Anne
Anne de Lorraine et Bar (1522-1568), Princess of Orange (1540-1568)
Anna of Egmond, Countess of Buren (1533-1558), Princess of Orange (1551-1558)
Anna of Saxony, Princess of Saxe-Meissen (1544-1577), Princess of Orange (1561-1571)
Anne of Hannover, Princess Royal, Princess of Great Britain and Ireland, Princess of Hannover, Duchess of Braunschweig and Lüneburg (1709-1759), Princess of Orange (1734-1951), Princess-Douairière of Orange (1751-1759)
Anna Paulovna Romanovna, Grand Duchess of Russia (1795-1865), Princess of Orange (1816-1840), Queen of the Netherlands (1840-1865), Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (1840-1865)

Charlotte
Charlotte de Bourbon-Vendôme de Montpensier (1547-1582), Princess of Orange (1575-1582)

Louise
Louise de Coligny (1555-1620), Princess of Orange (1583-1584), Princess-Douairière of Orange (1584-1620)

Eléonore / Leonore
Eléonore de Bourbon-Condé (1581-1619), Princess of Orange (1606-1618), Princess-Douairière of Orange (1618-1619)

Amalia
Amalia Countess of Solms-Braunfels (1602-1675), Princess of Orange (1625-1647), Princess-Douairière of Orange (1647-1675)

Maria / Mary / Marie
Mary Henrietta Stuart, Princess Royal, Princess of England, Scotland and Ireland (1631-1661), Princess of Orange (1641-1650), Princess-Douairière of Orange (1650-1661)
Mary Stuart, Princess of York (1662-1694), Princess of Orange (1677-1694)
Marie-Luise, Landgravine of Hessen-Kassel (1688-1765) Princess of Orange (1709-1711), Princess-Douairière of Orange (1711-1765)

Wilhelmina
Wilhelmina Princess of Prussia (1751-1820), Princess of Orange (1767-1806), Princess-Douairière of Orange (1806-1820)
Wilhelmina Princess of Prussia (1774-1837), Princess of Orange (1806-1815), Queen of the Netherlands (1815-1837), Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (1815-1837)
Wilhelmina Princes of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1880-1962), Queen of the Netherlands (1890-1948)

Sophie
Sophie Princess of Württemberg (1818-1877), Princess of Orange (1840-1849), Queen of the Netherlands (1849-1877), Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (1849-1877)

Claus-Hendrik Willem Georg Erik Ferdinand

For a boy: Jorge Alexander Victor Andreus
For a girl: Augusta Mathilda Wilhelmina Marie

My choices would be:

Boy:
Alexander
John
Charles

Girl:
Charlotte
Catherine

I doubt, they use the same or a very similar name again.
Catherine is Amalias double name, I would find it very strange if they were to use it again.
Same with Alexander, Alexandra, Alice, Alicia, it is much too similar to Alexia.
I would rather assume, that in case of a boy they would look for something that resembles Maximas name, Maximilian for ex.
With a girl, I really think they will stay with the A-initial.

If it's a girl: Lucia
If it's a boy: Guillermo (William in Spanish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom